Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Trade & FA 2024-25:Bucks want a FRP for Brook| Mavs Interested in Dinwiddie + DSJ?
(7 hours ago)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe as a starter or even 2nd guard off the bench. But as a 3rd stringer playing once a week if needed? I think he could thrive in that role.

See, I don't.  I wouldn't want to use a roster spot for him.
Like Reply
If we're looking at a backup-backup guard I'd prefer a DSJ reunion to Dinwiddie. Makes more sense to have a defensive change-of-pace guy than a (bad) offensive player with bad D.
Like Reply
@MavsFilmsRoom

“The Dallas Mavericks have considered bringing one of two former guards back to the team, Spencer Dinwiddie and Dennis Smith Jr, league sources told HoopsHype.”

Also says that if the Mavericks did not get Klay Thompson, Malik Beasley was a backup option.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rumors-d...cy-trades/

“The Dallas Mavericks have considered bringing one of two former guards back to the team, Spencer Dinwiddie and Dennis Smith Jr, league sources told HoopsHype.

Dinwiddie played some of the best basketball of his career for the Mavericks alongside Luka Doncic in the backcourt before he was traded as part of the package to acquire Kyrie Irving. Dinwiddie averaged 17.7 points and 5.3 rebounds with Dallas before being traded to Brooklyn in the 2022-23 season.

Smith Jr, who began his career with Dallas as the No. 9 overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft, is regarded as one of the top defensive on-ball point guards and has found a niche as a solid backup point guard over the past few seasons.

Should Dinwiddie and Smith Jr. land elsewhere, Malachi Flynn is also on Dallas’ radar, HoopsHype has learned. Flynn scored a career-high 50 points last season with Detroit.”
Like Reply
(6 hours ago)Smitty Wrote: @MavsFilmsRoom

“The Dallas Mavericks have considered bringing one of two former guards back to the team, Spencer Dinwiddie and Dennis Smith Jr, league sources told HoopsHype.”

Also says that if the Mavericks did not get Klay Thompson, Malik Beasley was a backup option.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rumors-d...cy-trades/

“The Dallas Mavericks have considered bringing one of two former guards back to the team, Spencer Dinwiddie and Dennis Smith Jr, league sources told HoopsHype.

Dinwiddie played some of the best basketball of his career for the Mavericks alongside Luka Doncic in the backcourt before he was traded as part of the package to acquire Kyrie Irving. Dinwiddie averaged 17.7 points and 5.3 rebounds with Dallas before being traded to Brooklyn in the 2022-23 season.

Smith Jr, who began his career with Dallas as the No. 9 overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft, is regarded as one of the top defensive on-ball point guards and has found a niche as a solid backup point guard over the past few seasons.

Should Dinwiddie and Smith Jr. land elsewhere, Malachi Flynn is also on Dallas’ radar, HoopsHype has learned. Flynn scored a career-high 50 points last season with Detroit.”

I would prefer Lowry or McLaughlin over Flynn but I’m liking the reports that they’re looking to add another PG.
Like Reply