Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Dejounte Murray to NOP | Dyson Daniels+Larry Nance+ 2 FRPs to ATL
@wojespn

Full trade on ESPN: Dejounte Murray for Larry Nance Jr., Dyson Daniels, 2025 first-round pick (via Lakers), 2027 first-round pick (least favorable of Bucks-Pels)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Man, Hawks fans are down bad.

First pick in the most forgettable draft ever, which I think they might've botched, no chance whatsoever of their owner ever, ever paying even one cent of tax, a "superstar" who they can't trade because teams want their 2nd best guy more, and then THIS is the "better offer" they get for said 2nd guy???

Yikes.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Lukedoncic, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Atlanta still owes unprotected 1sts in 25/27 and a swap in 26 to the Spurs. What a disaster of a trade. I guess with this deal they at least have something to look forward to in the draft.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Honestly a good haul. Nearly recovered what they gave up to get him. Package in the Spurs trade was Gallinari + picks. One pick less but Dyson Daniels has at least first round value. Obviously hurts that they aren't controlling their own picks but after the season they had I expected even worse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(06-28-2024, 06:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Honestly a good haul. Nearly recovered what they have gave up to get him. Package in the Spurs trade was Gallinari + picks. One pick less but Dyson Daniels has at least first round value. Ob

I mean...idk. The picks don't seem like good ones to me, unless you're really down on the Lakers. 

I expected Murray to go for more than this, personally.
Like Reply
(06-28-2024, 06:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I mean...idk. The picks don't seem like good ones to me, unless you're really down on the Lakers. 

I expected Murray to go for more than this, personally.

Imagine a scenario where the Mavs recovered 80% of KPs value after even the last believer realized that KP+Luka isn't working. Hawks messed up. But they cut their losses. This trade isn't the issue. What they did leading up to a situation where they had to sell an allstar caliber PG at his lowest possible value is the issue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kind of a similar price we paid for Kyrie, isn’t it?

Unpopular question, my bad, but knowing what we know now after the playoffs with the great performances and the Celtics mental blockade: who would you rather have riding next to Luka for the next years…?
Like Reply
(06-28-2024, 06:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Imagine a scenario where the Mavs recovered 80% of KPs value after even the last believer realized that KP+Luka isn't working. Hawks messed up. But they cut their losses. This trade isn't the issue. What they did leading up to a situation where they had to sell an allstar caliber PG at his lowest possible value is the issue.

I can buy that, and I suppose the Lakers pick has a decent chance of being a lottery pick. I guess I just thought Murray would attract more of a bidding war.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) ✧
New Orleans was 0-24 when trailing entering the fourth and 2-14 in close games and see Murray as a player who can generate offense late in games. Pels remain committed to core that includes Zion Williamson and CJ McCollum. Pels are trying to find common ground with Brandon Ingram contract.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) ✧
The Hawks are ending the Murray-Trae Young experiment, bringing on a promising young wing in Dyson Daniels and getting a pick in the deep 2025 draft. Landry Fields knew Hawks had to make a move in backcourt and there's still more offseason work to be done.
Like Reply
Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42)
Because New Orleans aggregated the salaries of Larry Nance Jr. and Dyson Daniels, they are now hard capped at the $178.7M first apron.

Murray has $1.5M in unlikely bonuses that count toward the apron.

12 players under contract.

Below tax: $2.6

Below 1st apron: $8.5

Both figures include the Murray trade bonus.
Like Reply
Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Hawks and Pelicans almost made a trade for Dejounte Murray happen back in February, but Herb Jones not being included ended talks.

New Orleans held firm yet again keeping Jones completely off limits.

New Orleans views their elite defensive wing as a long-term core piece.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
New Orleans needs frontcourt depth. They have Zion Williamson, Yves Missi and...not much else.

Current NOP Roster:

Murray/Alvarado/Jordan Hawkins
CJ/Trey Murphy
Ingram/Herb Jones/Matt Ryan
Zion/Robinson-Earl/Liddell
----/-----

Zero centers.
Like Reply
Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42)
Because the Murray extension that he signed last offseason begins on July 1, this trade has to happen now.

Murray has the largest trade bonus in the NBA- $12M.

The bonus would be spread out over 4 seasons, including 2023-24. It can also be negotiated down.

Atlanta is responsible in paying the bonus.

Not including the bonus:

31.3 (player)
Like Reply
Atlanta's 2025 pick goes to the Spurs unprotected right?
then the Spurs get the 2026 pick swap
then another unprotected pick in 2027 to the Spurs

yes these were from the OG Murray trade
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Thinking about this trade:

New Orleans got a relative steal considering what some stars are going for. 2025 Lakers FRP doesn't seem valuable right now but I'm dubious in the health of that team. Especially since they were kind of hoping for a Murray trade themselves. I think losing Dyson Daniels is going to hurt them more than they think. He was a premier perimeter defender and one of the few guys in the league that can effectively guard Luka. Losing Nance also will surprise them imo. He was their Zion insurance. Now they're relying on 3rd string guys as of now to backup Zion.

Pelicans are also in a bit of a pickle after this trade imo. They have literally ZERO centers. Zero front court depth. But its balanced by some of the deepest forward rotation in the league. They are certainly not done. They are 100% going to trade Ingram and move Jones/Murphy up in the rotation. I also expect them to move on from McCollum. I think they can be a sneaky Brook Lopez+Bobby Portis team and they send Ingram to the East. Suddenly they look much more balanced.

Still health will always plague the Pelicans. I'm also unsure of how effective a Murray-led team will be. I know he's a great 2-way player, but he's definitely in the B-tier of stars and isn't even a top 25 guy.

For Atlanta: What the fuck are you thinking...? You've been dangling Murray for about 12 months now and this is the best package you come up with? I'm surprised. Secondly there is no way they aren't going to try and rebuild on the fly. They are not tanking next year (at least not by choice). I expect those 2 firsts they got will be packaged along with some of their other pieces like Capela+Bogdanovic and be sent to some team for a distressed player they think they can rehab. Who that is I'm not sure right now (Beal...?)

Can the East PLEASE stop sending all the good players over to the West?
Like Reply
(06-28-2024, 06:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Thinking about this trade:

New Orleans got a relative steal considering what some stars are going for. 2025 Lakers FRP doesn't seem valuable right now but I'm dubious in the health of that team. Especially since they were kind of hoping for a Murray trade themselves. I think losing Dyson Daniels is going to hurt them more than they think. He was a premier perimeter defender and one of the few guys in the league that can effectively guard Luka. Losing Nance also will surprise them imo. He was their Zion insurance. Now they're relying on 3rd string guys as of now to backup Zion.

Pelicans are also in a bit of a pickle after this trade imo. They have literally ZERO centers. Zero front court depth. But its balanced by some of the deepest forward rotation in the league. They are certainly not done. They are 100% going to trade Ingram and move Jones/Murphy up in the rotation. I also expect them to move on from McCollum. I think they can be a sneaky Brook Lopez+Bobby Portis team and they send Ingram to the East. Suddenly they look much more balanced.

Still health will always plague the Pelicans. I'm also unsure of how effective a Murray-led team will be. I know he's a great 2-way player, but he's definitely in the B-tier of stars and isn't even a top 25 guy.

For Atlanta: What the fuck are you thinking...? You've been dangling Murray for about 12 months now and this is the best package you come up with? I'm surprised. Secondly there is no way they aren't going to try and rebuild on the fly. They are not tanking next year (at least not by choice). I expect those 2 firsts they got will be packaged along with some of their other pieces like Capela+Bogdanovic and be sent to some team for a distressed player they think they can rehab. Who that is I'm not sure right now (Beal...?)

Can the East PLEASE stop sending all the good players over to the West?

Can the East PLEASE stop sending all the good players over to the West?      This shit is uncanny isn't it.?
Like Reply