Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Additions This Offseason
I'm desperate for them to get Bertans back in. He is the Peja of the 2011 Mavs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu7MwpAteWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuYEGk7lPSM

The next up is Dinwiddie. A big ball handling shooter. Please bring him back. He's in the videos above.

DFS for a bench piece would provide both shooting and defense for that bench.

I think these 3 could push them over the edge.

If those 3 won't come in...

I'm interested in Gary Payton II
Mo Bamba as a shot blocker to replace Powell.
There are some others I'm watching... What are your thoughts?
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply
I’d be on board with Dinwiddie albeit it’s very difficult to assess him. I don’t think he’s done but his play has been so much up and down over the years that it’s very hard for me to understand where he stands right now as an athlete in general. He was horrible before he came here, then a stud here, then really struggled again despite playing a lot in BRK and LAL. If there’s a more stable target I wouldn’t mind going into a different direction IF we’re trying to fill that spot with a low budget solution.

DFS still has multiple years on his contract. I don’t think he’s worth the money anymore. Would rather look elsewhere. 

Bertans was here, Kidd had no use for him and he’s fighting for his NBA career. I would stay away from him. But a cheap frontcourt shooter is a good idea in general. I had some hopes in regards to Mirotic but it looks like that’s not gonna happen. Maybe Jabari Parker who had a good year im Barcelona.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • audiosway, mvossman
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 02:03 AM)audiosway Wrote: I'm desperate for them to get Bertans back in. He is the Peja of the 2011 Mavs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu7MwpAteWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuYEGk7lPSM

The next up is Dinwiddie. A big ball handling shooter. Please bring him back. He's in the videos above.

DFS for a bench piece would provide both shooting and defense for that bench.

I think these 3 could push them over the edge.

If those 3 won't come in...

I'm interested in Gary Payton II
Mo Bamba as a shot blocker to replace Powell.
There are some others I'm watching... What are your thoughts?

Don´t drink and drive. Call an uber or go to bed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 07:00 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Don´t drink and drive. Call an uber or go to bed.

hahaha
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply
(06-21-2024, 06:57 AM)JamesConway912 Wrote: I’d be on board with Dinwiddie albeit it’s very difficult to assess him. I don’t think he’s done but his play has been so much up and down over the years that it’s very hard for me to understand where he stands right now as an athlete in general. He was horrible before he came here, then a stud here, then really struggled again despite playing a lot in BRK and LAL. If there’s a more stable target I wouldn’t mind going into a different direction IF we’re trying to fill that spot with a low budget solution.

DFS still has multiple years on his contract. I don’t think he’s worth the money anymore. Would rather look elsewhere. 

Bertans was here, Kidd had no use for him and he’s fighting for his NBA career. I would stay away from him. But a cheap frontcourt shooter is a good idea in general. I had some hopes in regards to Mirotic but it looks like that’s not gonna happen. Maybe Jabari Parker who had a good year im Barcelona.

I didn't realize DFS was still on contract. He is too much then. I'm hoping that we see Omax grow into that role. I think he can be a lock down defender with that length.

I think a front court shooter would be a huge addition. I like Bertans mainly due to that fast release and length. The team didn't like Bertans because of that huge contract. Now he's a cheap shooter FA.
Like Reply
Bertans The Idea is way way wayyyyyyy more useful than Bertans The Player. Yes he can make long shots, but he can also miss them in bunches. He's like a box of chocolates, as they say ....

He has no reliable way to help, other than if it happens to be the night where he might make a shot or two. It's hard to find a place to play him. The Mavs weren't the 1st team to give him a try and then figure it out and move on, and it's still the same story -- OKC last season, badly needing shooters, barely used him and eventually sent him away. Even if he's available at the minimum, I think the Mavs can do better.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, rocky164
Like Reply
(06-22-2024, 03:34 AM)F Gump Wrote: Bertans The Idea is way way wayyyyyyy more useful than Bertans The Player. Yes he can make long shots, but he can also miss them in bunches. He's like a box of chocolates, as they say ....

He has no reliable way to help, other than if it happens to be the night where he might make a shot or two. It's hard to find a place to play him. The Mavs weren't the 1st team to give him a try and then figure it out and move on, and it's still the same story -- OKC last season, badly needing shooters, barely used him and eventually sent him away. Even if he's available at the minimum, I think the Mavs can do better.

I gotcha. I just think the Mavs need a shooter like that with length. Quick release that heats up quick. THJ is too streaky for that. I love Seth Curry but he's not only under contract but he's been traded by the Mavs twice now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply