Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: OG Anunoby To NYK 5yrs/212.5M
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Free agent F OG Anunoby intends to sign a five-year, $212.5 million contract to return to the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN. Deal will include a player option and a trade kicker.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Anunoby's agent Drew Morrison and Austin Brown of @CAA_Basketball have been talking with Leon Rose for several days on the deal and landed on the $212.5 million deal this afternoon that'll keep him out of July free agency, sources tell ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
AAV of 42.5mil a year.

Essentially uses up all of their space before the 1st apron unless NYK gets creative and dumps Robinson
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: AAV of 42.5mil a year.

Essentially uses up all of their space before the 1st apron unless NYK gets creative and dumps Robinson

I think they will try to move Randle. He is the odd one out. Never was a great fit next to Brunson. Creates defensive issues because he has no real position. Not a rim protector. Not a perimeter defender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
deals like this will only make luka's supermax look more like a bargain.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think they will try to move Randle. He is the odd one out. Never was a great fit next to Brunson. Creates defensive issues because he has no real position. Not a rim protector. Not a perimeter defender.

Thats an interesting idea. Randle is making 29mil. As of things right now, Knicks have around 6 mil left before the 1st apron. Who would be interested in Randle AND can take absorb him, AND give the Knicks salary relief? 

Detroit makes sense to be honest.
Like Reply
Nice job Knicks. They have a chance to pick up some interesting role players at 24 and 25. If they feel confident in keeping Hartenstein, I think they dump Robinson for air. There were rumors the Wizards had interest. Do they still have room.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think they will try to move Randle. He is the odd one out. Never was a great fit next to Brunson. Creates defensive issues because he has no real position. Not a rim protector. Not a perimeter defender.

Yeah that is interesting too.  I think they would want assets back for Randle.  I think they would dump Robinson for air.
Like Reply

Could be. They also could let Hartenstein walk and keep Robinson who's cheaper but gets hurt a lot. Remains to be seen.
Like Reply
Can't believe the Knicks have both OG and Bridges. Two guys I always want the Mavs to go after.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:43 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Can't believe the Knicks have both OG and Bridges. Two guys I always want the Mavs to go after.

Only cost them Quickley, Barrett, 2025, 2027, 2029, 2031 unprotected 1sts, 2025 1st from MIL, 2028 pick swap, 2024 2nd, and 2 2025 2nds.

So in total, 2 high quality prospects, 5 FRPs, a swap, and 3 2nds. Pretttttyyyyyy costly.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • donzingis38, JBB, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Only cost them Quickley, Barrett, 2025, 2027, 2029, 2031 unprotected 1sts, 2025 1st from MIL, 2028 pick swap, 2024 2nd, and 2 2025 2nds.

So in total, 2 high quality prospects, 5 FRPs, a swap, and 3 2nds. Pretttttyyyyyy costly.

All because they believe in Jalen Brunson. It will be interesting to see just how wrong Cuban was.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, JBB, omahen
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: All because they believe in Jalen Brunson. It will be interesting to see just how wrong Cuban was.

we knew how much space the Knicks opened up 
Blows my mind we didn't go just a bit higher than that year 1 with our initial offer
Like Reply
had we kept Brunson we would've been able to win the title 2 years earlier than we actually will.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 11:53 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: had we kept Brunson we would've been able to win the title 2 years earlier than we actually will.

False.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 01:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: False.

It will be interesting to see just how wrong Cuban and SH were.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Luckily Cuban ain´t reading CBAs anymore, cause even the max would have been an underpayment for Brunson with the new cap development.
Like Reply