Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Nic Claxton Back to BRK 4yrs/100mil
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Nic Claxton intends to a sign a four-year, $100M to return to the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Damn SH, you're not messin around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Here is 100 million Nic, now just don’t try too hard next year.—nets
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:55 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Damn SH, you're quicker than Woj.

I am hopped up on 2 redbulls right now and steak. I'm ready for tonight!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Nic Claxton intends to a sign a four-year, $100M to return to the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell ESPN.

Snap. Did you bug Woj's phone?
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
he's probably gonna get moved too for some scrubs and another boatload of picks some time in the regular season tbh.
Like Reply
Wow, that seems like a lot for a defensive center
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:00 PM)omahen Wrote: Wow, that seems like a lot for a defensive center

Wait until Lively's rookie deal is up! 

I like Claxton a lot, but I don't understand what BRK is doing. They let go of Bridges and worked really hard to get control of their next two drafts back...are they not tanking? Do you think they just signed Clayton to trade him soon? He's not THAT young anymore, is he?
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wait until Lively's rookie deal is up! 

I like Clayton a lot, but I don't understand what BRK is doing. They let go of Bridges and worked really hard to get control of their next two drafts back...are they not tanking? Do you think they just signed Clayton to trade him soon? He's not THAT young anymore, is he?

Lively might also have something offensively when the time comes Smile

I think BRK just didn't want to lose value by letting him walk for nothing. They were bad as it was and I think it will not be that much more difficult to get to bottom 5.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Mavs2021, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:11 PM)omahen Wrote: Lively might also have something offensively when the time comes Smile

I think BRK just didn't want to lose value by letting him walk for nothing. They were bad as it was and I think it will not be that much more difficult to get to bottom 5.

Might be right. I bet a lot of teams are pissed. 

Play Claxton in a 1-5 screen and roll system like this one, with a guy like Luka, and I bet he'd have some utility on offense all of a sudden. He was always on my list for Dallas prior to the Lively pick.
Like Reply

I like Clayton a lot, but I don't understand what BRK is doing. They let go of Bridges and worked really hard to get control of their next two drafts back...are they not tanking? Do you think they just signed Clayton to trade him soon? He's not THAT young anymore, is he?

Claxton is a great trade asset. He would've left for free. They're retaining the asset and making sure his contract is a big enough number for salary dumps.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Claxton is a great trade asset. He would've left for free. They're retaining the asset and making sure his contract is a big enough number for salary dumps.

Oooooh! Good point about having a big contract to enable taking back a big contract. That's a potentially huge deal. A first for Claxton and 2-3 more to take some huge, dead money.
Like Reply

I like Claxton a lot, but I don't understand what BRK is doing. They let go of Bridges and worked really hard to get control of their next two drafts back...are they not tanking? Do you think they just signed Clayton to trade him soon? He's not THAT young anymore, is he?

He just turned 25. Of course they are tanking. They still have to get to the salary floor. What is Claxton supposed to do by himself? So they paid him life-altering money with a small (stink) bonus on top. Tanking doesn´t mean you literally have to trade every good player you have immediately.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 08:57 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: He just turned 25. Of course they are tanking. They still have to get to the salary floor. What is Claxton supposed to do by himself? So they paid him life-altering money with a small (stink) bonus on top. Tanking doesn´t mean you literally have to trade every good player you have immediately.

I agree with you, but much prefer the nicer answers I received from the other guys.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:59 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree with you, but much prefer the nicer answers I received from the other guys.

Sorry if it sounded harsh. I was not born with the beat around the bush American mentality. I get straight to the point. Wink
Like Reply
Steal. Great contract for a top 5 defensive player.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply