Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Welcome to Dallas Morez Johnson Jr!
#1
[Image: HLltqjtWEAAruOz?format=jpg&name=large]

Figured he deserved his own thread!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, cow, Smitty
Like Reply
#2
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
#3
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
#4
I dub him Demon King.
Like Reply
#5
@coopmavs
From the @ESPN article from college coaches talking about Morez Johnson

Johnson, who will reunite with Dusty May in Dallas, received the most attention from college coaches. After spending his freshman season at Illinois before transferring to Ann Arbor, Johnson didn't get the same amount of in-season hype as teammates Yaxel Lendeborg and Aday Mara, but his defensive versatility might have been the key to the Wolverines' dominance on the defensive end.

Exactly half of the coaches we spoke with picked Johnson as their favorite player outside of the top-four and point-guard tiers.

"I love Morez," one coach said. "I've seen him since he was 14, 15 years old. And I've seen him really, really change his game. That's why I've been so impressed with him. He went through a phase in high school when he was trying to shoot 3s, trying to be KD or whatever. Then the summer going into his senior year, he led the EYBL in rebounding, he turned into what he is today. He said, I'm a 4 or a 5, I'm going to impose my will in the paint. He was the key to them winning it."

"I'm buying Morez Johnson," another coach said. "He is so physically imposing, but it's his defensive instincts and his ability to show real offensive skill. As you're watching these playoffs, there's certain guys you can say, he would be awesome in that series. Morez can defend and rebound. If you're a screen door on defense, the other team doesn't have to do anything else. They're just going to run matchup actions at you and they're going to hunt you on every possession until you prove otherwise. You can put Morez in an NBA playoff series."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
#6
Like Reply
#7
At the 18:20 mark of this interview, Dusty May talks about scouting Johnson and then watching him develop over his year at Michigan. May specifically discusses Johnson's development with the 3-point shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8Qsd7r2MY
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
#8
(06-25-2026, 08:09 PM)Winter Wrote: At the 18:20 mark of this interview, Dusty May talks about scouting Johnson and then watching him develop over his year at Michigan. May specifically discusses Johnson's development with the 3-point shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8Qsd7r2MY

This whole interview is pretty sweet. Dusty May sure seems intelligent. That's going to be nice.
Like Reply
#9
@All_Things_Mavs
“I’ve wanted to play for Dallas forever, man. I haven’t said it at all during this draft process, but it’s insane.”

- Morez Johnson Jr. to @nick_knows_ball right after going 9th

https://x.com/All_Things_Mavs/status/207...1253853249
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)