Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Chris Paul to SA | 1yr/$11 m
@wojespn
Free agent guard Chris Paul has agreed on a one-year, $11 million-plus deal with the San Antonio Spurs, sources tell ESPN.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Picked three PGs in the draft. Now they added a veteran teacher. Makes sense. Everything to avoid another season where Wemby's teammates cannot get him the ball.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807575230589583647?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ

So CP3 makes 41M next year. Big Grin Big Grin
Like Reply
I think Wemby is going to get A LOT out of this collaboration. The Spurs are such a smart organization.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Wemby appears to be the right young star. If he was your normal young kid, I would be worried bringing a know it all veteran who wasn’t elite any longer.

Pauls should provide some stability there and be an adult in the room. Not sure I have been crazy about the spurs offseason so far though.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well appears to be the right young star.  If he was your normal young kid, I would be worried bringing a no it all veteran who wasn’t elite any longer.

Pauls should provide some stability there and be an adult in the room.  Not sure I have been crazy about the spurs offseason so far though.

What he “knows it all” about the most is high screen-and-roll basketball. They are going to start using Wemby like Dirk and it’s going to work. 

Obviously, this doesn’t make the Spurs competitive, but I love it in terms of expediting development.
Like Reply
Honestly a sneaky good signing for San Antonio. They were literally 1 competent point guard away from being a playoff team. I think they are that now even if CP3 is on his last legs.

As long CP3 is healthy, Spurs are kind of scary imo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
really good move by the spurs tbh but does it mean CP will settle for a retirement ringless? thought he would join a contender tbh.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 08:14 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: really good move by the spurs tbh but does it mean CP will settle for a retirement ringless? thought he would join a contender tbh.

At least he’s not going out like Westbrook. 

He’s going to start and play an important role. I do think this is the end for any championship aspirations, yes, but there’s a certain dignity in this decision, imho. 

Dez Bryant seems to think they’re a playoff team now “at least”…lol.
Like Reply