Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Heads to ORL | 3yrs/66M
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) ✧
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope intends to sign a three-year, $66 million deal with the Orlando Magic, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Massive pickup for the rising Magic, acquiring the starting shooting guard of two NBA title teams.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Third-year player option for Caldwell-Pope, sources said.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
First domino has fallen and a huge loss for Denver.
Like Reply
Magic were already a good defensive team. This makes them better.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 06:52 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Magic were already a good defensive team. This makes them better.

Good. More of the good teams need to come from the East.

Meanwhile, the west has done nothing but get worse, so far…except for OKC and Minnesota.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good. More of the good teams need to come from the East.

Meanwhile, the west has done nothing but get worse, so far…except for OKC and Minnesota.

Tongue in cheek comment?  The West got worse?  How?
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:13 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Tongue in cheek comment?  The West got worse?  How?

Denver loses KCP.

Clippers lose George.

GS losing Klay (which they planned for, but their plan A to replace him has fallen through)

Seems obvious to me. 

Denver will not be a top 4 seed next season, despite having the best player in the world. That, alone, is significant.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Denver will not be a top 4 seed next season, despite having the best player in the world. That, alone, is significant.

A lot of dust to be settled, but I think they will finish top 3 in the West.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:26 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: A lot of dust to be settled, but I think they will finish top 3 in the West.

Grant, then Brown, now KCP.

I’m not a Braun believer, but we’ll see. 

The biggest thing is how demoralizing it must be for a smaller market team who can’t attract free agents to also not be able to keep their own.
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 07:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Grant, then Brown, now KCP.

I’m not a Braun believer, but we’ll see. 

The biggest thing is how demoralizing it must be for a smaller market team who can’t attract free agents to also not be able to keep their own.

Tony Jones (@Tjonesonthenba)
Denver offered KCP a salary pretty similar to what he ended up getting from Orlando and I’m told the Nuggets offered three years. The Nuggets definitely tried here

Anthony F. Irwin (@AnthonyIrwinLA)
Calvin Booth telling KCP they’re fine without him was super smart.

Seems like the money was close to equal. I think KCP felt disrespected. Common theme popping up this summer...
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Players have opinions. I’m wondering how Murray and Jokic feel about their team letting their own best free agent walk so many times since their window opened?
Like Reply
(06-30-2024, 08:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Players have opinions. I’m wondering how Murray and Jokic feel about their team letting their own best free agent walk so many times since their window opened?

Jokic I'm sure doesn't care at all.

Murray might care, but he just signed a massive extension.

I will say though if Denver has a bad next couple of years, I'm curious to see what Jokic decides. 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of him ever considering leaving the Nuggets, so I don't think this is likely by means... BUT if he were to leave, I can imagine Dallas being pretty high on his list.
Like Reply