Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYK at IND: Game 6 Thread
Toppin the only Pacer under 50%.
Like Reply
OG gave it a go. Looks like he's done. He shouldn't have came back.
Like Reply
I genuinely think I’ve never seen Nembhart miss a shot. Dude makes my blood boil lol.

Also feels like Indy shoots 70% every single time I watch them. 

If NY can’t get them to cool down this game will be over before the 4th quarter.
Like Reply
New York is fighting back.
Like Reply
Indy playing really badly now. Down to 72% shooting. 62% on threes.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:01 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: I genuinely think I’ve never seen Nembhart miss a shot. Dude makes my blood boil lol.

Also feels like Indy shoots 70% every single time I watch them. 

If NY can’t get them to cool down this game will be over before the 4th quarter.

You are correct. Nembhard 5-5 for the game.

Of course, McConnell, Sheppard, Nesmith, & Jackson also shooting 100%
Like Reply
Dang. Toppin now 0-3. 

He’s going to lose the game for them.
Like Reply
ESPN says 98.4% chance of an Indy win.
Like Reply
Brunson has broke his hand. Won't return. This one is a wrap.
Like Reply
I´m almost scared to play Indiana in the finals. I can´t take losing to Indiana 142-122 four times with them shooting 70/50/90, while not caring about defense, rebouding and all that dumb stuff.
Like Reply
That sucks for Brunson. He had a great playoff run, but it wasn't going to be enough today. Indy is just the better team and definitely the better coached team.
Like Reply
Boston better not try and get cute with the Pacers and get in a 3 pt shootout. You have to defend them at a high level. They can score in bunches.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:42 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I´m almost scared to play Indiana in the finals. I can´t take losing to Indiana 142-122 four times with them shooting 70/50/90, while not caring about defense, rebouding and all that dumb stuff.

Both teams have to get there. The conference finals will be tough on both sides.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:42 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: That sucks for Brunson. He had a great playoff run, but it wasn't going to be enough today. Indy is just the better team and definitely the better coached team.

Was thinking if that might impact his status for USA basketball and the Olympics - then I found out that he isn’t nominated because they are going with Haliburton instead.
Like Reply
Hospital Knicks run out of gas.

Sad JB broke his hand. How quick does NYK turn on Thibs?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 05:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hospital Knicks run out of gas.

Sad JB broke his hand. How quick does NYK turn on Thibs?

I don't think they turn on him. Even though he's known for running his players in the ground. He did what he had to do playing his starters heavy minutes because he didn’t have a choice with the Knicks being a Mash Unit. Who else could he have played? He dusted Burks off, the last few games, and he played very well. The others only played during practice time. They'll be back next year, near the top of the East.
Like Reply
Oh my, I talked up Mavs vs Pacers, Kidd vs Rick, Luka vs Rick right before the playoffs started. I picked both teams to make the finals, not completely believing it was possible, but cheering for Indi because I like Rick.

Now that it's a more realistic option, Mavs vs RC makes me nervous! I think I might rather play Boston. Losing to Rick would suck so bad.

But, dang, what a great storyline! It's crazy when real life matches the movie script.

I mean, Dirk (and us fans) got a movie worthy title run. Maybe we'll get another one with Luka.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 07:48 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Oh my, I talked up Mavs vs Pacers, Kidd vs Rick,  Luka vs Rick right before the playoffs started. I picked both teams to make the finals, not completely believing it was possible,  but cheering for Indi because I like Rick.

Now that it's a more realistic option, Mavs vs RC makes me nervous! I think I might rather play Boston. Losing to Rick would suck so bad.

But, dang, what a great storyline! It's crazy when real life matches the movie script.

I mean, Dirk (and us fans) got a movie worthy title run. Maybe we'll get another one with Luka.

The moment Cavs were out, we had either Rick, Brunson or KP in the finals. 3 guys who were, 4 years ago, supposed to be helping Luka to win a ring. Brunson is the guy we allowed to leave while his story was incomplete, RC was the guy who left when he knew his time is up (I appreciate him for that) and KP was the guy who should have never joined in the first place, and we kicked him out. 

Rick has got his thing right now, 4 tenure as a coach and a Conference final with every team, only with Mavs he went beyond that (reached the finals as assistant with Pacers, probably as the real brain on the bench). 

Both Mavs and Pacers are the underdogs, and media almost agree with that and it isn't for stupid reasons this time like it was in 2011 tnf, Boston and Wolves has just shown they are better prepared so far. 
But if if I have to pick one from the East, it is Pacers:
Better for Mavs if we reached the finals, will be a match for first title if Wolves beat us, and I kind of love the underdog stories.
Like Reply