Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: NBA Formalizing Deals with ESPN, NBC, and Amazon| CLE Fires Coach
https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1793723665407951182

I am all for differing opinions, but come on. BTW, players have Millions of dollars on the line on some of these decisions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 03:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1793723665407951182

I am all for differing opinions, but come on.  BTW, players have Millions of dollars on the line on some of these decisions.

Yeah, that is frustrating when so much can be impacted by voters doing bits.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 03:16 AM)omahen Wrote: Interesting. I have no limitations here, despite local sport channels buying rights for NBA games.

Current contracts in the US are all still tied to the dying broadcast and cable model. Hopefully this new round will better account for the new reality.

(I have leaguepass--and a VPN so I could stream regular season games even though I live in Dallas. But in the playoffs even a VPN doesn't help; nationally televised games,which is all of them, are delayed at least 24 hours).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 04:42 PM)Arioch Wrote: Current contracts in the US are all still tied to the dying broadcast and cable model. Hopefully this new round will better account for the new reality.

(I have leaguepass--and a VPN so I could stream regular season games even though I live in Dallas. But in the playoffs even a VPN doesn't help; nationally televised games,which is all of them, are delayed at least 24 hours).

That’s true, but even this season, the nationally televised games were easy to find on streaming platforms that we all already have. All of the TNT games have been on HBO Max all year, for example.

The real disaster is those damn local games, especially for those of us who don’t want to go through the trouble of using a VPN or paying for league Pass. I would love to be able to see any game. I want over the course of the season, and I understand that through a VPN you can get a much cheaper price for your subscription, but I just don’t have the time to watch that much NBA anymore. I catch as many of the nationally televised ones as I can.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 03:31 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Yeah, that is frustrating when so much can be impacted by voters doing bits.

Should be grounds for having your voting rights revoked if you’re just using it to game the system?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Berknip's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply