MavsBoard
DFW Power Outages - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: R.O.T.W.: Rest Of The World (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: DFW Power Outages (/showthread.php?tid=827)

DFW Power Outages - hakeemfan - 02-15-2021

Anyone else affected?  We are in Plano and have been down since 9 am. No eta or updates from Oncor. Some other family and friends down longer. CoServ seems to be managing this much better.  I am fine with rolling blackouts. This is not that.

RE: DFW Power Outages - ItsGoTime - 02-15-2021

So far so good in NFW, at least in my neighborhood. I'm hearing of blackouts at my not too far siblings houses though. I really hope we don't have one though cause that could cause the pool pump to burst, which at least it's still under warranty, so there's that.

RE: DFW Power Outages - hakeemfan - 02-15-2021

Ours came back on finally 40 mins ago only to go down again just now. At least the house heated up a lil bit in that time.

RE: DFW Power Outages - fifteenth - 02-15-2021

Our power went out at 2am Sunday night / Monday morning and is still out. I have little kids so we headed to a hotel  at 4:30 a.m. and are still there. I went to the house and checked things out today, and even though I dripped hot and cold water lines,  the hot lines still froze before a couple of fixtures. 

Reporting from southwest Fort Worth.

RE: DFW Power Outages - hakeemfan - 02-16-2021

(02-15-2021, 09:19 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Our power went out at 2am Sunday night / Monday morning and is still out. I have little kids so we headed to a hotel  at 4:30 a.m. and are still there. I went to the house and checked things out today, and even though I dripped hot and cold water lines,  the hot lines still froze before a couple of fixtures. 

Reporting from southwest Fort Worth.

Smart decision though the pipes freezing sucks. Here it came back on after 7 hours at midnight and then went out at 2am. Cannot sleep. Again I am fine with rolling blackouts but when I have had around 3 hours of power in 17, while others I know have not been affected at all, it does not look like an equal distribution of shared responsibility at all.

RE: DFW Power Outages - KillerLeft - 02-16-2021

My power was out from about 2 AM Monday until about 9 PM last night. At some point during that stretch they turned the water off, too. 

Place was down to 41 degrees before the power came back on, and now I'm back into the high 60's, so I'm trying to be patient on the water.

RE: DFW Power Outages - ItsGoTime - 02-16-2021

Our area had a water plant lose power so we're on a boil water for consumption and baths/shower until further notice.

Still have power though...knock on wood.

My brother in law who lives 2 miles from me has had rolling power outages so bad that he has come over here to work just so he can get paid.

RE: DFW Power Outages - hakeemfan - 02-16-2021

Today had 4 hours of power from 8 to 7 pm. I will take that. I read a msg from Oncor a short while ago saying that ERCOT has asked them to cut power again. Sure enough I knew my street would be targeted. Power gone now. 

That is what I have a problem with. Same HOA, friends two streets down have had no power loss. Oncor is trying to blame ERCOT. Meanwhile ERCOT says they only ask Oncor to cut power but do not dictate who gets it or not. Oncor is being lazy and repeatedly abusing the same set of houses over and over again with no transparency or explanation on why many are exempt from outages while others are repeatedly targeted.  The explanation of some being in a hospital grid also does not ring true. I am actually closer to the school and an intersection road to the Main Street. Friends who have not lost power two streets down are just in the middle of houses and trees in the same HOA. No hospital grid. 

I am not saying my friends should lose power. Just asking how is Oncor deciding on who gets selected for an outage vs not?  Nothing rolling or fair about these.