MavsBoard
Contest Forum Idea - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site Help & Improvement (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Contest Forum Idea (/showthread.php?tid=722)

Contest Forum Idea - ItsGoTime - 12-29-2020

Hey guys, I posted this message to the mods and admins, however, I think the ideas could also come from you guys too to maybe get this thing going quicker possibly.

"Hey, wanted to see from Kamm or Clutch (with input on if this is a good idea for the rest of you) if we can have another seperate sticky topics section where we have ongoing/year-round contests and things to keep looking into.

I was just reading through the Draft prediction thread and this idea hit me when I read a post from Kamm saying I wish we could do a long term player eval thread where we revisit it every year so we can see where people's player evals are for draft prospects. I don't think this should be in the stickies section, but maybe even a fully other forum? 

We can do contests (for at least bragging rights, and maybe a title change?) for predictions of record at the beginning of the year every season, draft contests, TDL contests on trade targets that come true. End of season awards predictions. We can do game by game predictions as well as playoff predictions. The more I'm thinking of it, the more this is another forum type of thing where the yearly awards predictions get stickied until the year ends and the "Where are they now" draft prospect predictions thread is constantly stickied. 

There are so many contest type things we could (and actually do) do with something like that, but it seems those threads go by the wayside after a couple weeks and are never revisited."

Anyone else have ideas to add to this? Thoughts on if it's a good idea or not? Let us know!

RE: Contest Forum Idea - Kammrath - 12-29-2020

I like that. I can easily make a separate forum for it. Let me know if you want me to. I don't want to be in charge of content/contest generation but happy to support and play.

RE: Contest Forum Idea - ItsGoTime - 12-29-2020

(12-29-2020, 03:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I like that. I can easily make a separate forum for it. Let me know if you want me to. I don't want to be in charge of content/contest generation but happy to support and play.
I can head it up and help it along, would ask for help on ideas and stuff.

RE: Contest Forum Idea - WillE - 01-03-2021

I like this too, yet I'm wondering how some oft these ideas can be implemented without getting cunfusing. But there is definitely a ton of potential in it!

RE: Contest Forum Idea - ItsGoTime - 01-04-2021

(01-03-2021, 06:24 PM)WillE Wrote: I like this too, yet I'm wondering how some oft these ideas can be implemented without getting cunfusing. But there is definitely a ton of potential in it!
Ya, I don't want it to be confusing for sure, just thought it would possibly bring some posters out of the lurking woodwork and make the community more active and fun.

RE: Contest Forum Idea - ItsGoTime - 01-12-2021

OK everyone, we got the Contest and Challenges forum up and running. Would now really appreciate help with contest and challenge ideas as well as non-monetary prizes for the winners. Help us make this a thing!!!

RE: Contest Forum Idea - Lesteraction - 05-09-2023

We can hold competitions (for at least bragging rights, and perhaps a title change?) for record forecasts at the start of each season, draught competitions, and TDL competitions on trade targets that materialise. Predictions for season-ending honours. Both game-by-game predictions and playoff projections are something we can do. The more I consider it, the more I see this as a forum type of thing where the "Where are they now" draught prospect predictions topic is continuously stickied and the yearly awards predictions get stickied till the year finishes.