MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Tyler - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 05:14 PM)omahen Wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1347321377297223680

Old, but timeless.
https://twitter.com/TheFrankIsola/status/1145498318283386880

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Mavs2019 - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 04:59 PM)omahen Wrote: I would actually say it is virtually guaranteed they trade him. Why walk away with nothing. He is a RFA so should bring a nice ransom. Agree though, that Mavs likely don't have what it takes to get him. Kleber, Brunson and 2025 + 2027 picks is best we could do.
You say they will be forced to trade Collins and I agree.

So why would you want to offer them two quality players and two 1st round picks. I barely want to give them Kleber+Brunson.
 I just don´t think they´d have any interest in Brunson, unless they can re-route him. They already have a lot of guards and small forwards. So Kleber is realistically the only interesting piece and maybe actually Tyler Bey.

Maybe it works as a 3 way trade:

Collins+Aminu to Dallas
Brunson+ Powell to Orlando
Bamba + Kleber to Atlanta

That´s not so bad actually.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - omahen - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 05:32 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So why would you want to offer them two quality players and two 1st round picks. I barely want to give them Kleber+Brunson.
 I just don´t think they´d have any interest in Brunson, unless they can re-route him. They already have a lot of guards and small forwards. So Kleber is realistically the only interesting piece and maybe actually Tyler Bey.

I just stated what is probably our best possible offer. I didn't say we should offer it or not. Still, I really doubt that would be enough. I think they will aim for a near star wing with Collins, not for a couple of role players.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - KillerLeft - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 05:32 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Collins+Aminu to Dallas
Brunson+ Powell to Orlando
Bamba + Kleber to Atlanta

That´s not so bad actually.

I'd be into this deal, were it available. 

Dallas would need some level of PG ending up here, just for the rest of the season. Barea, maybe?

(01-08-2021, 05:36 PM)omahen Wrote: I just stated what is probably our best possible offer. I didn't say we should offer it or not. Still, I really doubt that would be enough. I think they will aim for a near star wing with Collins, not for a couple of role players.
John Collins is a nice prospect, but he does not nearly command that kind of a trade package. It´s a lot of potential, but for a position many don´t believe in anymore: the classical PF.

Kleber+Brunson might be on the low-side, but I´d be shocked, if they got much more. Maybe an additional protected 1st would be in play.

Hypothetically Atlanta doesn´t have that many flaws on their roster either. Maybe they´d actually have to add something like Reddish to get an established All-Star player.

Most certainly interesting times ahead with our all-in move looming.

(01-08-2021, 05:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'd be into this deal, were it available. 

Dallas would need some level of PG ending up here, just for the rest of the season. Barea, maybe?
Well doesn´t look like there is much else out there. Mudiay played okay off the bench for Utah last year. He could probably give you 15 solid minutes. The rest is not very appealing, unless you can stop gap a high end Euro like Nando de Colo. He´d definitely be a Carlisle type.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - burekemde - 01-08-2021

I would never trade away Kleber or Brunson. They are important pieces of a championship team. 
Kleber is a two way player. Brunson is crucial to running the bench offense. Both are growing into their roles. Meaning their value hasnt topped but increasing. Both contribute for us winning. Luka enjoys playing with Kleber, this is so much clear and so is rest of the team. Brunson is really growing as player. Kleber is improving his 3pt shot and is an outstanding defender. You want to surround Luka with players like that. 

Id consider trading away players that are not two way players and that are not improving, either at peak or going down. That would be Powell for sure but also THJ. Id give them also our rookies in trade. Since we havent picked Haliburton, S.Bey or Bane, id give offer them one of our rookies and a pick in the deal. So maybe Powell, THJ and a rookie. Powell is a zero wa player, he is not good neither on defense nor offense. THJ is a one way player, and inconsistent and does not play team basketball. When he hits the shots he is great, but he is playing his own game most of the time. Id like to build a great team, where players play together. This would be tempting for Atlanta to get some value back and we would improve as a team.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Hypermav - 01-08-2021

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432973-uh-ohice-vs-the-baptist/#comments

Lots of Trae bashing. ( a few Luka regrets sprinkled around)

Oh and Cam Reddish may be Tracy McGrady  Dodgy

Collins is not much better than Maxi imo and no where near max and Hawks fans say the same thing.

(01-08-2021, 06:27 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432973-uh-ohice-vs-the-baptist/#comments

Lots of Trae bashing. ( a few Luka regrets sprinkled around)

Oh and Cam Reddish may be Tracy McGrady  Dodgy

Collins is not much better than Maxi imo and no where near max and Hawks fans say the same thing.

Agree, Collins has a mid range game, but we anyway dont use that much. Lukas mid range game is heavily improving, in addition to defense and free throw shooting, we will see him in the mid range game, but not sure we need Collins for that as well. It could clog some lanes for Luka trying to make Collins do that. Maybe.

Kleber is way better defender, way better character, better contract, and better 3pt shooter. He is just a better fit.

Id trade THJ and Powell away tough perhaps for Collins.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Kammrath - 01-08-2021

For posterity here is a screen shot of SEVEN teams all tied for 4th place in the Western Conference:

[Image: Screenshot-2021-01-08-at-5.32.36-PM.png]

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - SleepingHero - 01-08-2021

Kleber is such a good player.

But can we get realistic? If the Mavs find a way to trade Collins for Kleber straight up that's a highway robbery if I've ever seen one.

And I'm firmly in the camp of never moving Kleber unless for a clear upgrade. Collins is Amare Stoudemire lite.

(01-08-2021, 06:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kleber is such a good player.

But can we get realistic? If the Mavs find a way to trade Collins for Kleber straight up that's a highway robbery if I've ever seen one.

And I'm firmly in the camp of never moving Kleber unless for a clear upgrade. Collins is Amare Stoudemire lite.

Of all great sports people, Doncic reminds me the most of Tom Brady. Leader that gets everyone involved, and plays smart, unathletic, and just has the sixth sense what to do, and when. Rises to the challenge and adjusts after a bad game. Doncic is a QB out there, how he goes through his progressions and rarely makes mistakes. They both need a good defense, and good teammates and chemistry, and they will win a championship. This is where we need the most help with. We need to make a great defensive team, teamplayers, surround Luka with two way players and plus defenders. KP, Kleber, JRich, DFS, thats the kind of players we need. This is why I love Jrich trade. Of same reason I do not like to hear Kleber trade proposals. Collins is mainly an offensive weapon, already from this situation is clear he may not be the best teammate creating chaos like this. If he is jealous losing spotlight to Young, how would he feel being thrid option for Mavericks or maybe even fourth? How much a negative would he be for our team chemistry and defense? 

Kleber may not be better player in general, definitely not. But he to me very likely may be much better player straight up for this team and this situation we are in currently.

I would be willing to consider THJ and Powell for Collins.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Drew - 01-08-2021

Agreed. I have no doubt Collins is thought of higher and has more offensive impact.

But last night showed exactly why Kleber is maybe the most underrated player in the team and one of the most underrated in the league.

His defense, hustle, and IQ are very under appreciated

(01-08-2021, 06:53 PM)burekemde Wrote: already from this situation is clear he may not be the best teammate creating chaos like this. If he is jealous losing spotlight to Young, how would he feel being thrid option for Mavericks or maybe even fourth? How much a negative would he be for our team chemistry and defense?

From the news posted it seems Collins provided some constructive criticism and Young is acting like a diva.

I think pretty much 100% of the fan base wants to keep Kleber as long as possible. Nobody who ever suggests trading him WANTS to get rid of him. 

You can't trade away only the players your team doesn't need and hope to develop into a championship team. That's not how it works, sadly. 

If a Powell, Brunson, Boban package can snag an NBA starting caliber player at the Mavs' exact position of need who's in his early 20's and has possible all star potential, sign me up. I have a feeling that people wishing for that are going to be pretty disappointed, however.

I think as much as it was all doom and gloom after first 6 games here, the perception of this team realistic reach is way overrated after just two consecutive wins. Plenty of games left till TDL which will show a more realistic strength of this team. In any case, we have 25 mil worth of contracts (Powell, Johnson) that shouldn't be difficult to find better players at same money. Of course, with assets attached from our side. This team should operate in FA as an over the cap team and get into tax after Luka extension - this means the move should be made by TDL.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - cow - 01-08-2021

I love Maxi. I love DFS. I hope they are Mavs for their careers, but as important as it is to not overreact when these guys struggle, it's as important not to do the same when coin is flipped. They are both great role players, teammates and have consistently shown improvement year-over-year. We also have them both on great contracts. That said, they are still just rotational guys that if you can upgrade, you should. That's not saying that they wouldn't be missed as they both have the versatility and size to start at multiple spots or come off the bench but let's not get crazy and act like they are untouchable.

This is an endorsement of John Collins.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - F Gump - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 07:26 PM)omahen Wrote: From the news posted it seems Collins provided some constructive criticism and Young is acting like a diva.

Throwing your teammate under the bus, in public, as a means to improve your own situation, is not the same as "constructive criticism." There's not much that's "constructive" in that approach.

Not saying that Young doesn't deserve being bashed. But that's for fans and media, not for teammates who are supposed to cover each other's back. Think of how we would react if some other Mav was trashing Luka for turnovers and missed free throws and 4 losses this season.

(01-08-2021, 07:53 PM)F Gump Wrote: Throwing your teammate under the bus, in public, as a means to improve your own situation, is not the same as "constructive criticism." There's not much that's "constructive" in that approach.

??? It happened in a team meeting. It was others that leaked it to media.

(01-08-2021, 07:46 PM)cow Wrote: I love Maxi.  I love DFS.  I hope they are Mavs for their careers, but as important as it is to not overreact when these guys struggle, it's as important not to do the same when coin is flipped.  They are both great role players, teammates and have consistently shown improvement year-over-year.  We also have them both on great contracts.  That said, they are still just rotational guys that if you can upgrade, you should.  That's not saying that they wouldn't be missed as they both have the versatility and size to start at multiple spots or come off the bench but let's not get crazy and act like they are untouchable. 

This is an endorsement of John Collins.

Not to mention that BOTH of them are going to get PAID when their current contracts are up. If you want to keep them, you'd better have your ducks in a row before that happens. 

Davis Bertans' deal scared me to death about Kleber.