MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - KillerLeft - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 07:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Ahead of Johnson and thus part of the pre-KP ten-man, absolutely.

Agree to disagree, then. I would bet a lot of money that Johnson remains in the rotation after KP comes back. THIS YEAR, I’d rather have him than SBey.

I also believe that the BEST situation to be in is to draft rookies to develop but not have to play them. It wouldn’t bother me a bit if those guys never saw the floor this season, but they will, of course.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - SleepingHero - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 07:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Playing ahead of whom?

Others said it but I'd assume Johnson. I also think Bey has shown enough of a scoring ability that he'd probably play ahead of Burke coming off the bench if we needed size. 

Of course this is all conjecture, but I'd think a 6'8 F with a good 3pt ball and defense would be playing minutes here no doubt.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 07:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: KL and Kamm, I respect y'all a great deal, but my firm opinion is that saying that Saddiq Bey 100% wouldn't be part of our rotation right now - and we're running a 10-man rotation with KP out - is bald skull shock value. 

Best part of this site is me trying to figure out how old Scott is and where he's from based on his unique sayings.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Scott41theMavs - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 09:34 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 07:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: KL and Kamm, I respect y'all a great deal, but my firm opinion is that saying that Saddiq Bey 100% wouldn't be part of our rotation right now - and we're running a 10-man rotation with KP out - is bald skull shock value.

Best part of this site is me trying to figure out how old Scott is and where he's from based on his unique sayings.

49, and my bio is in the "Where are you from" thread.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - dirkfansince1998 - 01-03-2021

Curry is going supernova on the Blazers. 52pts with 4 min left. Finally realized that his teammates won´t make a shot and started to play all out hero ball.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-03-2021

(01-03-2021, 10:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Curry is going supernova on the Blazers. 52pts with 4 min left. Finally realized that his teammates won´t make a shot and started to play all out hero ball.

son of a bitch.  wish i had dvrd that game.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - Omega_Supreme - 01-03-2021

ended with 62

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - khaled1987 - 01-04-2021

(01-03-2021, 05:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Green is not better than DFS or Green. If he were, he'd be playing. That doesn't mean it was a bad pick.

Green is obviously not better than Green, but I would argue he is as good as him.  Tongue

(01-03-2021, 07:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: There are different approaches when it comes to the draft. Especially when it comes to non lottery picks. Go for NBA ready guys or go for upside.
Mavs went for upside. Time will tell if they picked the right guys but it is way to soon to judge this years draft picks.

I am not sure they went by upside with Green tbh. 
He was a 3D type of ready to contribute player who fits in our improve defense approach on short term.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - juanc - 01-04-2021

Josh Green has 1 year and 7 months to score 17 points in a game before you compare him to Saddiq(That's how much younger he is than Bey, who is the same age as Luka(A month younger))
Or 2 years and 5 months younger than Bane.
Terry is 1 month older than Green.

And that's why you don't judge rookies in their first year. Luka realy spoiled us.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - khaled1987 - 01-04-2021

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1345958575420555265

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - SleepingHero - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:13 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1345958575420555265

Its almost like Green is still a fantastic defender and does stuff that just doesn't show up in the box score.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - RDB - 01-04-2021

https://hoopshype.com/2021/01/04/seth-curry-philadelphia-76ers-analysis-ben-simmons-joel-embiid/

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - cow - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:32 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Its almost like Green is still a fantastic defender and does stuff that just doesn't show up in the box score.

Still a great assist man too.  He'd whip any defense into shape through his supreme BBIQ and communication.  He wouldn't solve the rebounding issue but he'd box out and not get out muscled like Powell/Maxi/WCS/DFS. Also checks those veteran locker room presence and playoff experience boxes some have been crowing for.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - SleepingHero - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 02:27 PM)cow Wrote: Still a great assist man too.  He'd whip any defense into shape through his supreme BBIQ and communication.  He wouldn't solve the rebounding issue but he'd box out and not get out muscled like Powell/Maxi/WCS/DFS.  Also checks those veteran locker room presence and playoff experience boxes some have been crowing for.

Unfortunately there is zero chance GSW trade him unless its in a 3-team deal for Harden.

(01-04-2021, 02:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Unfortunately there is zero chance GSW trade him unless its in a 3-team deal for Harden.

I'm not so sure.  They really screwed the pooch with the Wiggins trade.  They'll need to figure out a way to get off that contract if they want to contend again and they'll need assets to do that.  I'm not saying Dallas is a likely destination but Draymond is a rung or five below Steph and Klay on the untouchable ladder.   He might be a casualty of that ill advised trade.

I keep thinking the Mavs will make a Shawn Marion like move for this team.  My gut has been saying Griffin but Draymond kind of fits too.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - omahen - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:44 PM)RDB Wrote: https://hoopshype.com/2021/01/04/seth-curry-philadelphia-76ers-analysis-ben-simmons-joel-embiid/

Good for him. However, huge difference between Seth situation in Dallas and Philly. He is surrounded by 4 good to great defenders in Philly who cover his weaknesses. Dallas didn't have that. That's why they can play him more.

Besides, it's still a very small sample. He is shooting insane 62/51/100 at the moment.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - F Gump - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 02:38 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not so sure.  They really screwed the pooch with the Wiggins trade.  They'll need to figure out a way to get off that contract if they want to contend again and they'll need assets to do that.  I'm not saying Dallas is a likely destination but Draymond is a rung or five below Steph and Klay on the untouchable ladder.   He might be a casualty of that ill advised trade.

I keep thinking the Mavs will make a Shawn Marion like move for this team.  My gut has been saying Griffin but Draymond kind of fits too.

If we think the Mavs might try another "Shawn Marion like move" -- he was brought to Dallas on an incredible bargain contract (signed as a free agent, via sign-and-trade). He wasn't a fading ex-star on a massive contract, like Green or Griffin or others mentioned sometimes.

In fact, since the 2011 title and new CBA that year (which altered league finances regarding the cap and tax), have the Mavs ever once traded for an incredibly overpriced player all on his own, as the primary goal of the trade?

They did acquire players like Hardaway and Lee from New York, but the reason for that trade was to get Porzingis.

Who are the players that prove today's Mavs will target the player with the horrendous multi-year contract just to slightly upgrade the talent? I don't think the Mavs play that game.

(01-04-2021, 03:24 PM)F Gump Wrote: If we think the Mavs might try another "Shawn Marion like move" -- he was brought to Dallas on an incredible bargain contract (signed as a free agent, via sign-and-trade). He wasn't a fading ex-star on a massive contract, like Green or Griffin or others mentioned sometimes.

In fact, since the 2011 title and new CBA that year (which altered league finances regarding the cap and tax), have the Mavs ever once traded for an incredibly overpriced player all on his own, as the primary goal of the trade?

They did acquire players like Hardaway and Lee from New York, but the reason for that trade was to get Porzingis.

Who are the players that prove today's Mavs will target the player with the horrendous multi-year contract just to slightly upgrade the talent? I don't think the Mavs play that game.

Not talking about the contract or acquisition method, I fully realize how Matrix became a Mav.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden is demanding a trade - ItsGoTime - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 02:38 PM)cow Wrote: I keep thinking the Mavs will make a Shawn Marion like move for this team.
I'm thinking a Butler/Haywood/Stevenson move is more needed for this team.

(01-04-2021, 03:41 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'm thinking a Butler/Haywood/Stevenson move is more needed for this team.

It's more of an exercise on what I'll think the Mavs will do, not what I personally want.  If that makes any sense.