MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - KillerLeft - 12-25-2020

(12-25-2020, 07:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't even know why the Warriors were on Christmas this year anyways. Klay went down in November. The league KNEW it'd be Steph & Friends. Is Steph/Oubre/Wiggins that big of a draw? 

What about Lillard? Embiid? Where is Donovan Mitchell and for-sure top 10 player Rudy Gobert? Lots of more interesting teams than the injured Warriors. Makes no sense why the NBA didn't actively try to flex another game.

Having been around high school and college aged kids for the past 20 years, I can confidently tell you that Steph remains one of the most identified with and marketable players the league has. I’m pretty sure the entire league was thinking (wishfully?) that GSW would be relevant again this year.

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - khaled1987 - 12-25-2020

Nets are looking great right now.
They are the super early favorites in the east.

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - StepBackJay - 12-25-2020

(12-25-2020, 07:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't even know why the Warriors were on Christmas this year anyways. Klay went down in November. The league KNEW it'd be Steph & Friends. Is Steph/Oubre/Wiggins that big of a draw? 

What about Lillard? Embiid? Where is Donovan Mitchell and for-sure top 10 player Rudy Gobert? Lots of more interesting teams than the injured Warriors. Makes no sense why the NBA didn't actively try to flex another game.

The Warriors are terrible and I think unwatchable at this point. They are going to get another great pick next year but you gotta wonder if their run is totally done.

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - SleepingHero - 12-25-2020

(12-25-2020, 07:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Having been around high school and college aged kids for the past 20 years, I can confidently tell you that Steph remains one of the most identified with and marketable players the league has. I’m pretty sure the entire league was thinking (wishfully?) that GSW would be relevant again this year.

You're right. Curry is still one of the faces of the league. But I guess I'm approaching this from more of a game quality standpoint than just single players. I'd rather see better teams have close games than just a singular star on a potential lottery team.

I mean historically its not like Curry has ever played well on Christmas day so the league can't even say "hey look Curry can at least be entertaining"

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - KillerLeft - 12-25-2020

(12-25-2020, 07:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean historically its not like Curry has ever played well on Christmas day so the league can't even say "hey look Curry can at least be entertaining"

I agree, but I also think there are thousands of people who only watched the NBA today because they were excited about seeing him play.

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - HoosierDaddyKid - 12-26-2020

(12-25-2020, 07:39 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Nets are looking great right now.
They are the super early favorites in the east.

They could become league favorites. They have a deep team and Caris LeVert might win the sixth man award. They toyed with Celtics who are a pretty good defensive team.

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - HoosierDaddyKid - 12-26-2020

(12-23-2020, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:  250 million is a lot of reasons. 

Thats pretty much what Dirk made in his entire career and Giannis just signed that in 1 contract.

Ain't that the truth. Dirk gave away plenty, to help Dallas sign players who never came. He deserved more than just 1 title for his efforts.

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - Kammrath - 12-26-2020

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1342914899572305922

#notasuperstar #neverbeenimpressedwithTatum

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - Kammrath - 12-26-2020

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1342891528809836544

RE: AROUND the NBA: HOU vs OKC postponed due to 8 HOU players being out (Harden is one) - BigDirk41 - 12-26-2020

(12-25-2020, 07:26 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Oubre and Wiggins might be the worst wing combo in the league. 

Ironic Steph is so bad on Xmas.
Everyone except Wiseman has looked like trash so far for the Warriors, but I'd be surprised if they don't figure it out and compete for the 8th or a play in seed.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - Kammrath - 12-26-2020

Watching a little of ATL and MEM....

Trae Young absolutely gets calls that Luka does not. I think Luka needs to shut up and stop talking at the refs and then the calls will come. 

P.S. It does help that Trae is little, makes the contact more obvious.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - cow - 12-26-2020

(12-26-2020, 06:03 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Watching a little of ATL and MEM....

Trae Young absolutely gets calls that Luka does not. I think Luka needs to shut up and stop talking at the refs and then the calls will come. 

P.S. It does help that Trae is little, makes the contact more obvious.

It also helps that the Hawks aren't owned by Cubes.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - BolsDamols - 12-26-2020

I watched the game until around 8th minute mark of the 4th, at that time, Trae was like 5-6 or something..
Looking at the scores now, he was 15-17...
Struggled at the field all night but the free throws kept him in rhythm..
Really mastered the move where he jumps sort of backwards/sideways into the defender and gets 3 free throws.. 
Really a great offensive player, he does not need to do these tricks
Luka does it too, and I think its a terrible call..

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - Branduil - 12-26-2020

Oladipo 22 points on 8-12 shooting (5-5 on threes)

(12-26-2020, 10:47 PM)Branduil Wrote: Oladipo 22 points on 8-12 shooting (5-5 on threes)

Give me a 40 game sample size first.......

....BUT promising start for sure.

Hypothetical Questions:

If the Mavs trade for Dipo is there a way to play Dipo+JRich+Luka all in the starting lineup? Is there too much overlap between Dipo and Jrich? Or do they complement each other? 

If you start Dipo+JRich+Luka+KP....what kind of 4th player fits best?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - khaled1987 - 12-26-2020

(12-26-2020, 11:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Give me a 40 game sample size first.......

....BUT promising start for sure.

Hypothetical Questions:

If the Mavs trade for Dipo is there a way to play Dipo+JRich+Luka all in the starting lineup? Is there too much overlap between Dipo and Jrich? Or do they complement each other? 

If you start Dipo+JRich+Luka+KP....what kind of 4th player fits best?

That is assuming that JRich isn't the guy headed the other way? Because he is most likely what Pacers will target.
For me, I prefer 2 bigs, so in this line up it is basically Oladipo being PG, JRich SG, Luka Point forward and hopefully 2 big men (KP + Powell/Maxi/WCS/JJ)

Main advantage in such line up it puts one of our best defenders to support our bench (DFS)

But is Brunson staying? or Leaving the other way? 

If JB traded then I would prefer JRich to the bench, DFS starting.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - Branduil - 12-26-2020

I mean if Luka is the SF/PF on defense, I don't see why they couldn't work together. Oladipo isn't really any smaller than THJ and definitely not as bad of a defender. I think Oladipo is more of a scorer/secondary ballhandler while JRich is more of glue guy who does a little bit of everything.

As for the best fit with those 4, I've said this before, but... Aaron Gordon.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 12-26-2020

should've traded for him while he was cheap

I'm betting he's headed to Miami if he keeps this up.

(12-26-2020, 11:20 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: That is assuming that JRich isn't the guy headed the other way? Because he is most likely what Pacers will target.

Not sure the point of flipping JRich for Dipo if JRich is the fit I think he is. The Mavs need to ADD not make lateral moves. 

I am imagining a THJ for Dipo trade as a base.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Harden who is demanding a trade, is cleared to play - TXBamanut - 12-26-2020

Honestly, I think we'd be better off getting Turner or Griffin (yeah, I said it -- I don't believe I did), but they would play role of Dwight Powell in the Mavs system better than Dwight Powell does.

If we got Dipo for THJ right now, that would be a steal...THJ is looking putrid right now.  Someone get his dad a ticket.  Give him Donnie's.