MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - Mavs2019 - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 02:58 PM)omahen Wrote: All that being said. I don't really understand, why would Milwaukee want Harden.

Cause clearly upgrading from Bledsoe to Holiday has not satisfied Giannis and he is not willing to extends his contract, so they are trying to get Harden, so Giannis signs the super max extension and Milwaukee strip clubs are finally put on the national map.

I view it as a good sign that the Bucks are scrambling and I´m not sure whatever they´ll come up with will actually be an improvement over Middleton. I think Middleton suffers from Giannis being so ball-dominant. In the Miami series, when Giannis was hampered or out he put up 26/7/6.

If Giannis signs the extension, Harden already served his purpose. Everything else is just a bonus.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - SleepingHero - 12-11-2020

I don't see any scenario where Khris Middleton can garner more assets that'd be worth more than Ben Simmons or the Heat's offer with Herro, Robinson, Nunn etc. 

Middleton's contract is a heavy weight and he isn't a superstar. Given MIL just traded 5 picks away for Jrue, I don't know what else they have to give.

And who's to say that Harden+Giannis actually works?? Risky gamble.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - omahen - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 03:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't see any scenario where Khris Middleton can garner more assets that'd be worth more than Ben Simmons or the Heat's offer with Herro, Robinson, Nunn etc. 

More than Simmons of course not. But so far he is not on the table. Herro, Robinson and Nunn, as good as they are, will never be stars. I would probably pick Middleton over that trio.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - KillerLeft - 12-11-2020

You know, if Milwaukee has seen this coming, I think they’d have been better off focusing on this and forgoing the Holiday trade. 

Harden/Giannis would be the favorite to win the East, imo.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - Tyler - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 04:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know, if Milwaukee has seen this coming, I think they’d have been better off focusing on this and forgoing the Holiday trade. 

https://twitter.com/CPoTweetsStuff/status/1337039661324111873

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - ClutchDirk - 12-11-2020

Mavs fans after seeing the latest rumors about Milwaukee...

https://media.giphy.com/media/1APcn8zvSYQp1y9Ajf/giphy.gif

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - Mavs2019 - 12-11-2020

Btw you watch Lavine go off for 40 points tonight on 14-22 shooting against Houston and within 24 hours Harden is in Chicago.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - BolsDamols - 12-11-2020

preview of harden and giannis in practice 

https://tenor.com/3IFQ.gif

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - BolsDamols - 12-11-2020

Anyone watching these preseason games?
Hawks down early 26-13
some things never change  Big Grin

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - ClutchDirk - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 07:32 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Anyone watching these preseason games?
Hawks down early 26-13
some things never change  Big Grin

And some of their fans think they broke even or won the trade...nothing against Trae as he is a pretty good player also...

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - Kammrath - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 07:57 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: nothing against Trae as he is a pretty good player also...

Real game footage of Trae playing defense:

[Image: LTYXg0J.gif]

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - Kammrath - 12-11-2020

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/1337559490346946560

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - dirkfansince1998 - 12-11-2020

My preseason notes of today:

- Wall hasn´t lost any quickness. He is a way better defender than RW ever was

- S. Bey looks like a good NBA defender in his first game. My new comparisation is PJ Tucker. I really underrated his lower body strength. The guy is a brick wall and great post defender.

- Hawks have a lot of work to do and can only hope that Dunn and Rondo can at least limit the damage on defense. Collins, Gallinari, Young, Bogdan and Hunter cannot stay in front of anyone

- I expect the bubble teams to have an advantage over the rest of the league early in the season. Most of the guys that played their last competitive game in march look really rusty.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1337569345824808961

(12-11-2020, 05:33 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Btw you watch Lavine go off for 40 points tonight on 14-22 shooting against Houston and within 24 hours Harden is in Chicago.
Well or they lose by 40 and Lavine is a Maverick in 24 hours. Big Grin

Other early overreactions: Grant being the man in Detroit looks exactly like you would have expected.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - SleepingHero - 12-11-2020

Honestly won't put in any stock of losing a preseason game.

IF the Hawks continue performing like that in the regular season though, thats something totally different.

Wall+Cousins look strong. I'm not watching the game, but their box scores are saying they're good.

any initial observations on Killian Hayes?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Dec 22 Tip-Off, 72 gms | Harden no-showed HOU practice - KillerLeft - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 09:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: - S. Bey looks like a good NBA defender in his first game. My new comparisation is PJ Tucker. I really underrated his lower body strength. The guy is a brick wall and great post defender.

Yeah, one of my only minor gripes with this off-season is Green over Bey. 

Personally, I would’ve planned specifically for the two LA teams, the threats from which are 3 big, strong forwards and one very versatile big. Apparently, the Mavs were more focused on improving their defense against quick guards. 

I kind of get it - DFS and Kleber are both more like SBey as defenders than Green, especially Kleber. And, before drafting Green and trading for Richardson they really didn’t have anyone qualified to guard the Booker types. Still, I think adding another big, strong forward defender would’ve made some sense. 

Still hoping for the best with Green though.

(12-11-2020, 09:35 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: any initial observations on Killian Hayes?

Turnover machine (7), as expected (it was a big issue in Europe). I want to see how quick his learning curve is. I am watching him closely since I thought so highly of him.

(12-11-2020, 09:35 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: any initial observations on Killian Hayes?

Just watched the 2nd quarter of the Knicks vs Pistons game. 

Initial impression is that Hayes is a fantastic distributor. Very cerebral. He made 2 incredibly difficult passes across the court for the open shooter. He also is still feeling things out. Definitely gave a few up possessions due to rookie mistakes.

Most of his shots didn't fall, but they weren't bad shots. Dude looked pretty great out there all things considering. If he keeps this up he can be a solid contributor in the NBA