MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - StepBackJay - 07-13-2021

Sacramento has a bunch of usable pieces that 76ers would want, I could see them going for Simmons. Simmons is very into Hollywood so being an hour plane right from LA would probably suit his lifestyle.

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - Scott41theMavs - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 06:28 PM)omahen Wrote: If Kawhi does leaves LAC but not for Mavs, Nico should be fired on spot Smile This is supposed to be his main strength, everyone can overpay meh star players like DeRozan.

Day-um.

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - SkenfromLMF - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 06:28 PM)omahen Wrote: If... everyone can overpay meh star players like DeRozan.

Get it done Donnie!!!

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - sterlingmallory - 07-13-2021

I can't stand Ben Simmons, I truly hope he goes anywhere except Dallas. I really don't care how talented he is, his lack of shooting makes him unplayable in the playoffs. We just saw it happen against Atlanta. All that talent is worthless when it's sitting on the bench during the most critical moments. Philly has been begging him to shoot more for years now and he has simply refused. He cares more about his image than doing whatever it takes to help his team win and seems disinterested in improving his game. His refusal to shoot has forced Embiid to try to be the floor spacer at times. Think about that. There are honestly few players in the league I want less than Ben Simmons. Let him rot in Minnesota or something.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - VintagePejav2 - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 01:32 PM)Tyler Wrote: Thanks for the summary.

The low-key headliner to me is the Clippers having interest in a S&T for Ball. They're hard capped by a pretty good margin and can't legally engage in a S&T deal without shedding significant salary. I wonder if that's just bluster or if there's more worry about Kawhi leaving than they're letting on.

There’s real worry because Uncle Nico and Uncle Dennis ate at Uncle Julio’s in Dallas this week.

The Mavs will happily sign Kawhi and his (formerly) partially torn and now fully repaired right ACL.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1415108020439339008?s=21

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - TXBamanut - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 07:38 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: There’s real worry because Uncle Nico and Uncle Dennis ate at Uncle Julio’s in Dallas this week.

The Mavs will happily sign Kawhi and his (formerly) partially torn and now fully repaired right ACL.

Mark, Nico and JKidd in Kawhi's hospital room when he wakes up in recovery after surgery....
[Image: giphy.gif]

You know Mark loves throwing money at injured FAs.....Matthews, KP....

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - sterlingmallory - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 07:38 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: There’s real worry because Uncle Nico and Uncle Dennis ate at Uncle Julio’s in Dallas this week.

I would really hope that Cuban wouldn't want to basically throw away another year of Luka waiting for a guy to heal from ACL tear. We already did that with KP. Kawhi is on another level obviously but the sense of urgency is greater now. We have to get Luka immediate help. Not someone that maybe can hopefully come back for the playoffs next year.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - VintagePejav2 - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 07:48 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Mark, Nico and JKidd in Kawhi's hospital room when he wakes up in recovery after surgery....

You know Mark loves throwing money at injured FAs.....Matthews, KP....

When it comes to acquiring players coming off serious lower body injuries, the Mavs always get their man.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - TXBamanut - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 07:52 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: When it comes to acquiring players coming off serious lower body injuries, the Mavs always get their man.

Mark hearing about the surgery....

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - ClutchDirk - 07-13-2021

https://twitter.com/InStreetClothes/status/1415118298673451008

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - cow - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:26 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/InStreetClothes/status/1415118298673451008

Live feed from the CubanCam:

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - Tyler - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 07:38 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1415108020439339008?s=21

This is definitely an interesting development. If Kawhi has any inclination that the way the Clippers handled him contributed to the injury, that's a big problem. I wonder if there's a team out there with a superstar teammate, a first-rate medical staff, a proven history of helping players recover from big injuries, an owner willing to take big risks, and enough cap space to force the issue with a max offer.

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - Hypermav - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 06:52 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Day-um.

I didn't check, did someone start the fire Kidd thread yet?  I guess that would be after the press conference, no reason to rush things.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - cow - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:31 PM)Tyler Wrote: This is definitely an interesting development. If Kawhi has any inclination that the way the Clippers handled him contributed to the injury, that's a big problem. I wonder if there's a team out there with a superstar teammate, a first-rate medical staff, a proven history of helping players recover from big injuries, an owner willing to take big risks, and enough cap space to force the issue with a max offer.

Does KP's return this year weaken that narrative?

I know KL is amazing and all, but he is a bit of a diva and comes with a lot of off the court baggage.  I'd be a little concerned, though I guess he'd be incredibly easy to move unless his leg falls off.

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - KillerLeft - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:36 PM)cow Wrote: I know KL is amazing and all

[Image: vB9B5.gif]

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Saric out with torn ACL - cjeter24 - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:36 PM)cow Wrote: Does KP's return this year weaken that narrative?

I know KL is amazing and all, but he is a bit of a diva and comes with a lot of off the court baggage.  I'd be a little concerned, though I guess he'd be incredibly easy to move unless his leg falls off.

KP was fine health wise other than the one stretch. 
KP also had his most efficient offensive year. 

His defense was trash. We may attribute that to health. It also may have been just KP. 

Past KP's first month back, I didn't just find myself thinking he looked unhealthy last year.

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - Hypermav - 07-13-2021

Kawhi's robot doctor.  Appropriate.   

[Image: cmr-surgical-versius-clinical-setup-4-arms-00013-2.jpg]

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - Tyler - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:36 PM)cow Wrote: Does KP's return this year weaken that narrative?

Nah. If anything, I think Dallas can point to how they consistently protect KP's health as evidence that they prioritize long-term player wellness over short-term wins.

And don't forget about Dwight Powell. When is the last time anyone talked about his Achilles?

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - cow - 07-13-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: vB9B5.gif]

[Image: tenor.gif]

I knew this was going to happen as soon as I typed it. lol

(07-13-2021, 08:38 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: KP was fine health wise other than the one stretch. 
KP also had his most efficient offensive year. 

His defense was trash. We may attribute that to health. It also may have been just KP. 

Past KP's first month back, I didn't just find myself thinking he looked unhealthy last year.

I guess the question I would have:  Did he rush back from the injury?  Why would our great medical staff allow that?

RE: AROUND the NBA: PHI open to trading Ben Simmons | CLE, IND, MIN, TOR, SAC interested - Scott41theMavs - 07-13-2021

Yup. That's arguably reason for Kawhi to drop us off his list.