MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Kammrath - 06-29-2021

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1409893205659766788

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Hogmelon - 06-29-2021

(06-28-2021, 10:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Clippers staying in this series without Kawhi Leonard and Zubac. I think they would've trounced PHX if they hadn't have lost KL, personally. 

Feeling better about the fight the Mavs put up every day, tbh.

(06-29-2021, 09:06 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: If Dallas played them now, the outcome could be totally different. Sometimes it's not who you play, it's when you play them.

If you are suggesting that the Mavs would fare better against the Clippers now that the Clippers are beat up and worn out, then you should also consider the possibility that the Mavs might be equally beat up and worn out at this point (or even more so).  For example, the Mavs' highest-paid player, Cupcake Porzingis, might have sustained a severe hangnail in the second round.  Etc.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - ClutchDirk - 06-29-2021

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10006696-windhorst-damian-lillard-not-seriously-considering-trade-demand-despite-recent-buzz

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Hogmelon - 06-29-2021

(06-28-2021, 10:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Clippers staying in this series without Kawhi Leonard and Zubac. I think they would've trounced PHX if they hadn't have lost KL, personally. 

Feeling better about the fight the Mavs put up every day, tbh.

(06-29-2021, 09:06 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: If Dallas played them now, the outcome could be totally different. Sometimes it's not who you play, it's when you play them.

(06-29-2021, 10:44 AM)Hogmelon Wrote: If you are suggesting that the Mavs would fare better against the Clippers now that the Clippers are beat up and worn out, then you should also consider the possibility that the Mavs might be equally beat up and worn out at this point (or even more so).  For example, the Mavs' highest-paid player, Cupcake Porzingis, might have sustained a severe hangnail in the second round.  Etc.

But seriously ...

I wonder what Luka's fourth-quarter efficiency/productivity would be like at this stage of the playoffs.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - SleepingHero - 06-29-2021

Congrats Utah you let in a wolf in sheeps clothing and he's going to corrupt your franchise superstar...

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Tyler - 06-29-2021

I’ve always liked Collins, but it really does seem like he just doesn’t have the physical ability to stay on the court. It’s a real shame. 

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1409945749664714755?s=21

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Kammrath - 06-29-2021

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1409951224992976896

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - SleepingHero - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 01:49 PM)Tyler Wrote: I’ve always liked Collins, but it really does seem like he just doesn’t have the physical ability to stay on the court. It’s a real shame. 

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1409945749664714755?s=21

Holy shit how many injuries can happen to this dude?

Basically been out for 2 years straight.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - KillerLeft - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 07:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Holy shit how many injuries can happen to this dude?

Basically been out for 2 years straight.

To be completely honest, I'm not even super clear on who he is at this point.

(06-29-2021, 07:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: To be completely honest, I'm not even super clear on who he is at this point.

Energetic big off the bench that can stretch the floor sometimes and be a sparkplug. Essentially (dare I say it), Dwight Powell 2.0 with more defensive talent.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - KillerLeft - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 08:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Energetic big off the bench that can stretch the floor sometimes and be a sparkplug. Essentially (dare I say it), Dwight Powell 2.0 with more defensive talent.

Sounds like he doesn't do much but rehab.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Mavs2021 - 06-29-2021

Bucks better hope Young gets healthy soon. They seem completely clueless how to attack the Hawks defense without the traffic cone.

Also Capela is shooting 35% from the FT line? How in the hell do you not play hack-a-Capela against the Hawks, when you are up 20-25, as they are the comeback masters? Furthermore you can mess with Caepla´s head, who is their defensive anchor. If Capela scores one point for every 24 shot clock violation that´s eight minutes of game time, if you don´t score at all before they can even tie the game.

Given how all these teams are making these huge comeback runs, I wonder whether it´s time to change timeout patterns. Team goes up 25-5, let other team call timeout. Wait one play, call another full timeout yourself. Just mess with the other team. Break the usual predictable habits of how this is done.

Also Okungwu is really good, too. If Schlenk had drafted Luka the league would be over.

Reddish is a mess offensively, but also good defensively.

(06-29-2021, 08:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sounds like he doesn't do much but rehab.

Sitting on the couch is a skill! Trust me on that one Tongue

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Scott41theMavs - 06-29-2021

Aw, hell, there goes Giannis. No way he comes back this year after that.

Edit: well, by some miracle, he's walking on it, so, you never know...

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-29-2021

He came out to the bench, now he went back to the locker room. I think it's safe to say he's done for the night. Hope his knee injury isn't serious.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Scott41theMavs - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 09:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He came out to the bench, now he went back to the locker room. I think it's safe to say he's done for the night. Hope his knee injury isn't serious.

Once again, it's hard to believe there wasn't massive structural damage, given the look of the injury in the moment. Looked like Hayward and Paul George's massive injuries, tbqh.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-29-2021

If Giannis has to miss considerable time, and Atlanta wins tonight, they have a legitimate shot at reaching the Finals. Who da thunk it? Atlanta really has a good bench, even Reddish who hasn't played is stepping up, and they are still missing one of their best players in DeAndre Hunter.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - Mavs2021 - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 09:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Once again, it's hard to believe there wasn't massive structural damage, given the look of the injury in the moment. Looked like Hayward and Paul George's massive injuries, tbqh.

Agreed. His knees must be like Dirk´s ankles, if that is only a severe hyper extension.

Also I think we focus on Markkanen. No way the Hawks can let Collins go. Maybe we can get Reddish?

LOL Capela. That was a trick shot Luka would be proud off. Reminds of Mahinmi´s elbow jumper to end the 3rd quarter of game six in the finals. When he made that I knew we were good.

RE: AROUND the NBA: McCollum trade "probable" | Lillard unhappy - mvossman - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 09:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Agreed. His knees must be like Dirk´s ankles, if that is only a severe hyper extension.

Also I think we focus on Markkanen. No way the Hawks can let Collins go. Maybe we can get Reddish?

Why focus on Markkanen?  The focus should be on improving the starting rotation, primarily giving Luka some help and ideally providing some defense.  Lauren does not provide either.