MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ItsGoTime - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 10:27 AM)omahen Wrote: Nope, you were talking you are a team offering 11 mil. Thats why I (as OKC for example) am offering 12 mil and THJ gladly takes. So everything comes down to how much you are willing to pay in the end. 
That was a specific thought as it pertained to the THS quote and I think either you or dfs1998 saying GSW would have to jump through some hoops to get him for more than rMLE money. THAT was a specific thought to outbid GSW if it came down to it.

Sure, my separate thought of give me teams that can pay above MLE money came in the same post, but it was a separate thought.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ItsGoTime - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 10:31 AM)omahen Wrote: It only takes one.
True, however, I very seriously doubt the only one that can do it, will do it. If there was a list of 5 or more teams, that statement becomes much more valid.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - BasketballJones41 - 06-23-2021

https://twitter.com/legionhoopsross/status/1407728747630018565?s=21
Don’t know if this guy is legit or not.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs2021 - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 11:01 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: With all due respect, what makes you think Detroit is going to make Diallo available?  That's why they traded for him because he fits the narrative for their rebuild, long rangy athletic wings.

That they just won the lottery and will select Cade Cunningham, adding to Killian Hayes and Saddiq Bey as their young core to build around. They also still have Josh Jackson under contract.

Diallo is a RFA looking to get paid a little and receive quality minutes. I think there is an opportunity to "steal" him after how the draft played out.

$8M with Cunningham on the roster are different than $8M with Mobley on the roster. It´s not just about what Detroit wants. Yes theoretically they can block any moves by matching offers, but you want an un-happy fourth guard on an overpay?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Tyler - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 11:11 AM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: Don’t know if this guy is legit or not.

He's a mixed bag. I follow him for rumors but don't put a lot of stock into accuracy.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - JamesConway - 06-23-2021

Wasn’t Dinwiddie the player who wanted to get paid in bitcoin? I’m sure that makes it significantly more likely that we will attempt to sign him.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs2021 - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 11:42 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Wasn’t Dinwiddie the player who wanted to get paid in bitcoin? I’m sure that makes it significantly more likely that we will attempt to sign him.

Would be better to pay him in Titan. Signed for $12M. Now counting against the cap with 1 dollar and 20 cents. Big Grin

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dynamicalVoid - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 11:42 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Wasn’t Dinwiddie the player who wanted to get paid in bitcoin? I’m sure that makes it significantly more likely that we will attempt to sign him.

Is he one of the guys that was behind the Tokens idea for young athletes?  Not that he invented it but was a cheerleader for it? I know he is into finance.

The token idea is for young athletes and their families to cash in earlier.  Lets say you are a star 8th grader...have the skills and measurables to most likely make it in pro sports.   You sell lets say 10 tokens for $50,000 each.   These tokens increase or decrease in value like stocks.  Something like that.   I guess its tied to your future earning.  

Anyway...I believe he is into something like that...iirc.

Hey there! That could be a brilliant way to circumvent the cap until the CBA can catch up! Dinwiddie for vet min dollars, but whatever amount of crypto currency. Can the league not approve a contract like that? Is there wording that prevents it?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - cow - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 10:26 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote:  THJ or Kuzma for THJ.

While I don't want THJ starting at his current salary, a big no thank you to Kuzma.

(06-23-2021, 12:34 PM)cow Wrote: While I don't want THJ starting at his current salary, a big no thank you to Kuzma.

I don´t want Kuzma either, but I was too lazy to lay out the three-way trades again. My best case would be Kuzma to Bulls and Markkanen+Aminu to Mavs.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ClutchDirk - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 11:11 AM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: https://twitter.com/legionhoopsross/status/1407728747630018565?s=21
Don’t know if this guy is legit or not.

Very legit...just not Woj Shams Stein level...

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - cow - 06-23-2021

I wonder how interested the Knicks really are in Brunson?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - SleepingHero - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 12:54 PM)cow Wrote: I wonder how interested the Knicks really are in Brunson?

Better yet how interested is Philly in a Brunson+Kleber+Terry+2027 FRP for Ben Simmons package?

(06-23-2021, 12:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Better yet how interested is Philly in a Brunson+Kleber+Terry+2027 FRP for Ben Simmons package?

I was thinking of trying to get our 2023 pick back and have a full compliment of FRPs after 2021 convey to New York.

Your Philly idea needs an addendum to get rid of KP.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - SleepingHero - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 01:00 PM)cow Wrote: I was thinking of trying to get our 2023 pick back and have a full compliment of FRPs after 2021 convey to New York.

Your Philly idea needs an addendum to get rid of KP.

Right now I'm in a wait and see approach. Ideally Simmons is the guy you'd want to run next to KP. He's tall, incredibly switchable, and doesn't want shot attempts. 

KP spaces the floor and lets Simmons operate in the post. 

At worst if it doesn't work the Mavs can trade KP for whatever package to recoup the cost of acquiring Simmons.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - mvossman - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 12:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Better yet how interested is Philly in a Brunson+Kleber+Terry+2027 FRP for Ben Simmons package?

Probably none.  My guess is if they send out Simmons it is going to be a deal worked with Portland for CJ. 

Not to mention, I'm not sure the Mavs would want to do that.  You could probably send out less in a S&T to Atlanta for Collins trade.  A max Collins is cheaper than Simmons and if you throw in JRich its a salary match, allowing you to re-sign THJ and get a point guard with the MLE.

(06-23-2021, 01:35 PM)mvossman Wrote: Probably none.  My guess is if they send out Simmons it is going to be a deal worked with Portland for CJ. 

Not to mention, I'm not sure the Mavs would want to do that.  You could probably send out less in a S&T to Atlanta for Collins trade.  A max Collins is cheaper than Simmons and if you throw in JRich its a salary match, allowing you to re-sign THJ and get a point guard with the MLE.

I'm doubtful ATL will let Collins go at all at this point. It's proven that their lineup can get them to the ECF and it wouldn't make sense to trade Collins just because he'll command max money.

You're right the CJ for Simmons deal makes sense for PHI. Not sure why it makes much sense for POR.

(06-23-2021, 01:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm doubtful ATL will let Collins go at all at this point. It's proven that their lineup can get them to the ECF and it wouldn't make sense to trade Collins just because he'll command max money.

You're right the CJ for Simmons deal makes sense for PHI. Not sure why it makes much sense for POR.

Makes more sense with Nurkic + Jones + Little for Porzingis. Gives us full flexibility for 2022 as Nurkic + Jones are expiring. More importantly Nurkic could be the long-term answer in the middle at only 26 years old, too. Little has improved his shooting percentages by +3.7 / +11.3 / +16.4 percentage points from year one to year two, so there might be more to come.

Lillard
Powell
Covington
Simmons
Porzingis

Makes sense to me.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-23-2021

(06-23-2021, 01:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: You're right the CJ for Simmons deal makes sense for PHI. Not sure why it makes much sense for POR.

Did a double-take at this. Really?

Because 1) POR is bad at defense. 2) Simmons is good at defense. 

Not rocket science.