MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - SleepingHero - 06-22-2021

(06-22-2021, 09:06 AM)michaeltex Wrote: IF DAL had a Prez/GM who could do deals, maybe we could help them out with their burgeoning personnel issues.

This sort of seems like the negative image of the Stepien rule.

I 100% think OKC will trade some of those picks. The only the thing is I don't know if they're going to package it for a superstar, or make a minor move like 2021 FRP for a 2026 FRP

In any case 1 of their 3 2nds should be available for sale and I'd be all over buying into the draft.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - mavsluvr - 06-22-2021

(06-22-2021, 09:27 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Not sure how it would play out with his remaining contract status with the Mavs, but almost wonder if his best move isn't to be the right hand man to to Billups or Hammon or some first time head coach for a year or two the way D'Antoni did with Nash.

I can't imagine that Rick is ever going to be anyone's assistant coach again, but I guess we'll see.

Carlisle also has a daughter than is a couple of years away from graduating high school in Dallas that was reportedly a big reason why he wanted to stay with the Mavs, so he might just sit out for a few years until she graduates  and then get back into the search seriously

I think she has another year of high school. I could see him stepping back until she graduates, as a possible option. 

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 06-22-2021

Raptors and Cavaliers jump into top 4 of the lottery

Detroit and Houston still in the running also

Rockets winning 1st pick would really cap things off for us Mavs fans.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 06-22-2021

Pistons get #1 pick.  thank god.  Rockets #2.

Will be interesting since Evan Mobley is currently the consensus #2 prospect and they already have Christian Wood.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-22-2021

Detroit's rebuild is going nicely. Cade Cunningham is the consensus #1 So glad SVG is gone. Troy Weaver is making moves.

yeah

Cade, Bey, Grant, Stewart is a nice little core

not counting if Killian Hayes shows anything.  MIght be good for him to be relegated to secondary ballhandler.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Chicagojk - 06-22-2021

Good news on lottery:

4 of the top 5 picks are Eastern Conference teams. Great...it seems like western teams have gotten lucky the last several years.  
OKC did not move up
Spurs did not move up
Golden State did not move up but do have pick 7 and 14

I am glad Toronto leapt into the top 4.   Jalen Suggs just feels like a Raptor.   I really love how that team operates and I am glad they got some lottery luck.

Good for Detroit.  They have an exciting group of youngsters.  We really didn't see Hayes this past year but if Cade lives up to the hype they have one of the better grouping of really young talent.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs2021 - 06-22-2021

Think this draft lottery went well for the Mavs.

Pistons get more help at guard with Cunningham, so Duffy client Hamadou Diallo will certainly be available with a little financial push.

Orlando gets two more projected forward picks, so either they cut injury risk with Isaac or he moves up to PF/C with WCJ. Bamba likely out either way.

Chicago gets no immediate (player or trade asset) help for Lavine. Warriors retain all their picks for a potential Porzingis trade.

Really nice.

Btw Edwards praised Rubio for his rookie development, in case somebody still thinks Powell can out-veteranleadership him. Might be more interesting to discuess a Rubio + Culver + Reid for Porzingis trade.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-22-2021

Clipps, you're embarrassing us... That's all we need after these miserable past eight days...

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-22-2021

So, whose decision was it not to bring back Payne after he was on the Legends?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - cow - 06-22-2021

(06-22-2021, 09:15 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So, whose decision was it not to bring back Payne after he was on the Legends?

Payne's success should give you hope for one Joshua Green.  Just a small poke for you my friend.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Chicagojk - 06-22-2021

(06-22-2021, 09:15 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So, whose decision was it not to bring back Payne after he was on the Legends?

Jackson and Payne are making some $ over these playoffs.   I know Celtics fans were hoping for either for the MLE.   It looks like Jackson and maybe Payne may have out performed the MLE.   

Jackson will be a interesting development.  Out of range for the Clippers but the league is full with point guards.  How many non contenders will pay Jackson big money?   Who does that leave then?   

Both go to show you that hoarding cap space for the big fish is not the only way to build a team.  There are more guys like that out there that just need to find the right spot at the right time.   Unfortunately it wasn't the right time or place for Wes Iwundu Smile

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - cjeter24 - 06-22-2021

All I know is that Chris Paul needs to be a coach one day lol. Saved this guys career mentoring him.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dirkfansince1998 - 06-22-2021

(06-22-2021, 09:36 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: All I know is that Chris Paul needs to be a coach one day lol. Saved this guys career mentoring him.

Bill Russell like player/coach in Dallas. I wonder how the salary cap works in this case.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-22-2021

DeAndre Ayton is fast becoming one of the best bigs in the league. He's having his breakout during these playoffs.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - MFFL - 06-22-2021

Wow that was a clear "lets keep the Clippers in the series" call

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ClutchDirk - 06-22-2021

Playoff P chokes again...

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ClutchDirk - 06-22-2021

What a finish...

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dirkfansince1998 - 06-22-2021

(06-22-2021, 10:51 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Playoff P chokes again...

Missed the FTs but he is the sole reason why the Clippers came back. Scored 9/11 points for the Clippers in the last three minutes. 6pts in the last minute.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Tunesquad23 - 06-22-2021

Ayton is a beast!