MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dirkfansince1998 - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 10:45 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I give Embiid a break. He's clearly playing hurt. He also had some really good moments. He also got all the defensive attention.

I don´t like his attitude. Called himself the best player in the league. Compared himself to Hakeem. Front runner when the 76ers win. Blames his teammates when they lose.
Luka might not be the most mature player but he would never throw his teammates under the bus. Just look at the postgame interviews in the Clippers series. It´s not about his teammates. No matter how bad they played.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - KillerLeft - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 10:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Here too. He's one of the best players in the game for sure. But a big man needs good guards.

Sure.

Before Rivers, people criticized Embiid for wanting to be a face-up, perimeter player, kind of like Porzingis has been in Dallas. That was because they were building the offense around Simmons' ability to drive and create. 

Now, with Rivers, they are playing through Embiid in the post. Probably a good move, because Embiid would've been the MVP this season if not for his injury and the missed games. 

But, when you run your offense through a post player, pretty much everyone else needs to be a shooter. And for that matter, if you're building around Simmons, pretty much every other player should be a shooter, too, and not standing in the paint waiting for the ball (again, see Luka/KP). 

The conclusion is that the two players simply don't fit together very well at all, but BOTH are so rare in talent that the team hasn't been able to bring themselves to move either, worrying that they'd make the wrong choice. Something tells me that won't be a problem anymore.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 10:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It has been one of the worst kept secrets for the past few years than Simmons and Embiid hate each other off the court.

Is Simmons a douche in the locker room?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - KillerLeft - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 10:54 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Is Simmons a douche in the locker room?

No idea. Maybe, or maybe Embiid is. Or both. Or neither. 

But, I have heard multiple national guys hint that they just plain don't like each other.

I know one team with a young Australian player on their roster who'd probably love to play with Simmons, however.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - cow - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 10:54 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Is Simmons a douche in the locker room?

Embiid has a pretty big personality.  I'm sure his schtick can get pretty old.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 10:57 PM)cow Wrote: Embiid has a pretty big personality.  I'm sure his schtick can get pretty old.

I figured when I typed earlier that most of the problems were Joel. Just looking for insight as to the other side of the coin.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - cow - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 11:03 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I figured when I typed earlier that most of the problems were Joel. Just looking for insight as to the other side of the coin.

I honestly don't know a lot about Ben.  

As far as Embiid goes, I think he's matured and focused more on basketball and less on talk.  

My assumptions would be:

Ben's game is flawed so I'm sure that rubs Joel the wrong way.  Joel has largely come into seasons out of shape, worked his way into shape during the season while often getting injured along the way.  I'm sure that rubs Ben the wrong way.  Big personalities and quiet personalities don't always mix.  Could be a big brother, little brother dynamic.  Could be Ben thinking he's the face of the franchise when it is always assumed it is Joel.  Call it a mini version of the Kobe/Shaq dynamic.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:39 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 76ers need to fire Doc Rivers. I thought the Mavs-Clippers series last year was bad. This one was even worse.

C'mon now, let's be realistic, the Sixers aren't going to fire Rivers after one season. He did coach them to the best record in the East. They will possibly look into moving Simmons, and other fringe moves, but Rivers will get at least one more season.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dirkfansince1998 - 06-20-2021

https://twitter.com/Blainer93/status/1406821568513286146

Josh Smith taking his revenge. Might have had a few drinks or some of WCSs stuff.

(06-20-2021, 11:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Blainer93/status/1406821568513286146

Josh Smith taking his revenge. Might have had a few drinks or some of WCSs stuff.

That's freaking hilarious.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-20-2021

I feel so happy for Nate McMillan. He got fucked over in Indy because the Heat caught lightning in a bottle and swept them last year, when they had some key injuries. Karma's a bitch Kevin Pritchard,

(06-20-2021, 11:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's freaking hilarious.

The ending killed me. Super random.

"Mike Woodson you trash too"

(06-20-2021, 09:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Hehe, I think Simmons is young enough to iron out his offensive nothing with a change of scenery. I know people have tried with him, so it is far from any type of given. Luka could probably help give him some confidence too (maybe not on the FT line however...). 

3) Luka isn't better than him  4) Luka hasn't made the first team all NBA 2 years in a row  5) Luka wasn't an MVP candidate

Nobody is saying Trae is better than Luka. But what they're probably saying is, Atlanta is a better team than Dallas.

(06-20-2021, 11:40 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Nobody is saying Trae is better than Luka. But what they're probably saying is, Atlanta is a better team than Dallas.

Hard to argue with that. But many will still twist it that way...

(06-20-2021, 11:40 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Nobody is saying Trae is better than Luka.

Not on twitter very much, I take it? 

Good for you, tbh. Even though I know the people saying it are either morons or trolls, it still raises my blood pressure past healthy levels.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - sefant - 06-20-2021

Replace Simmons with him, and Sixers win the series.

(06-20-2021, 11:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not on twitter very much, I take it? 

Good for you, tbh. Even though I know the people saying it are either morons or trolls, it still raises my blood pressure past healthy levels.

I could care less what they're saying on Twitter.  Do I think Luka is better ? Sure. But Trae is developing into a great player in his own right, and Atlanta  has made greater strides in building their roster than Dallas in just a year. The same could happen for the Mavs, but they've had so much front office drama, they better get it right or they are going to fall further behind these talented upcoming teams like Memphis,  Phoenix, Atlanta and  N.O. ( if they get the right coach)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - KillerLeft - 06-21-2021

(06-20-2021, 11:59 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I could care less what they're saying on Twitter.

Oh, I don't blame you. 

Just saying, though - LOTS AND LOTS of people are saying Trae is better like every day. Before the playoffs started, even. There are people saying Ayton is better now, even. 

Morons.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-21-2021

Morons is right. But Dallas is still on the clock.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-21-2021

(06-20-2021, 11:55 PM)sefant Wrote:

Replace Simmons with him, and Sixers win the series.

Then who do we get to replace Fred? (presuming you're suggesting KP/Fred for Simmons)