MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:35 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The Hawks just have so much firepower. When Lou Williams is a luxury, you know you've got plenty of offense. I think they might be able to beat the Bucks. It's going to look similar to this series...the Bucks offense can get stale and then Trae just takes over and gets buckets any way he wants or gets it to one of their other shooters

Trae/Huerter/Collins/Gallinari/Lou

That is just very difficult to beat in a 7-game series.

You didn't even mention Bog.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ItsGoTime - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Dammit. Bye-bye Collins.
Hello Simmons?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - KillerLeft - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:34 PM)DrMav Wrote: If there is anything good that comes from this, Trae Young better realize he needs a better barber if he’s gonna be in a conference finals.

On the contrary, get ready to see scads of middle school aged kids walking around with their best attempt to copy his current hair.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dirkfansince1998 - 06-20-2021

76ers need to fire Doc Rivers. I thought the Mavs-Clippers series last year was bad. This one was even worse.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - DrMav - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: On the contrary, get ready to see scads of middle school aged kids walking around with their best attempt to copy his current hair.

We are living in the worst timeline

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - DanSchwartzgan - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:00 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Maybe Danny Green is more important than we all realized. 

Yep.  Simmons can’t shoot and Curry got abused on D.  Green can do both.

KP for Huerter/Gallinari?  Kidding...kind of.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Scott41theMavs - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:38 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Hello Simmons?

After this game, that question makes me wonder why you hate the Mavs.

I used to say that Embiid/Simmons was the only two-player combo I would trade Luka for. That was two years ago. No more.

Now we have to listen to all the "Trae's better than Luka" garbage as if 1) he didn't have a better front office, and 2) he wasn't playing in the Leastern Conference.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - dirkfansince1998 - 06-20-2021

Hawks have 3-4 THJ level scorers and at least 1-2 of them will have a good game. Maybe that´s something the Mavs can accomplish this offseason. Probably more realistic than hoping for a star trade/signing.

(06-20-2021, 09:40 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: KP for Huerter/Gallinari?  Kidding...kind of.

Don't think Atlanta does that.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs03 - 06-20-2021

If Doc Rivers was a free agent in terms of a head coach, I would have ZERO interest in that guy.  He may be the most overrated coach in NBA history.  I expect major changes in Philadelphia this offseason.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Dova - 06-20-2021

Ah yes, Galinari and Bogdonovic, the two guys i wanted last summer that Donnie said, nah i like our boys in blue

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Tyler - 06-20-2021

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1406804818052759556

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Fuerza1 - 06-20-2021

The East was actually really good this year plus beating the #1 seed as underdogs (thrice on the road) is an impressive feat. For comparison, the Mavs hid behind the excuse of playoff failures because "we were underdogs" for far too long. 

Doc Rivers is a joke but as overrated as he is, he is still better than Rick Carlisle. Let that sink in.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs2021 - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Dammit. Bye-bye Collins.

I don´t know. All I saw was Trae Young yelling at John Collins with 1.57 to go and his teammates having to talk John Collins down. I throw the max at him and see what Atlanta does. Worst case they match it.

We´ll target Lavine next summer and if it does not work out, the Hawks will have a lot tougher time to re-sign Young and Huerter, while sitting there with a Collins max contract. Win-Win.

Also what I saw from Collins today. If you can switch between defending Embiid, Harris and Simmons, record a 14/16 double-double with a +7, I´m very comfortable with seeing this man in a Mavs uniform. Worst case he´s an awesome #3.

(06-20-2021, 09:50 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: The East was actually really good this year plus beating the #1 seed as underdogs (thrice on the road) is an impressive feat. For comparison, the Mavs hid behind the excuse of playoff failures because "we were underdogs" for far too long. 

Doc Rivers is a joke but as overrated as he is, he is still better than Rick Carlisle. Let that sink in.

You're too much. No he isn't.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - KillerLeft - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:50 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Doc Rivers is a joke but as overrated as he is, he is still better than Rick Carlisle. Let that sink in.

Nah

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - ItsGoTime - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: After this game, that question makes me wonder why you hate the Mavs.

I used to say that Embiid/Simmons was the only two-player combo I would trade Luka for. That was two years ago. No more.

Now we have to listen to all the "Trae's better than Luka" garbage as if 1) he didn't have a better front office, and 2) he wasn't playing in the Leastern Conference.
Hehe, I think Simmons is young enough to iron out his offensive nothing with a change of scenery. I know people have tried with him, so it is far from any type of given. Luka could probably help give him some confidence too (maybe not on the FT line however...). 

3) Luka isn't better than him  4) Luka hasn't made the first team all NBA 2 years in a row  5) Luka wasn't an MVP candidate

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs03 - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:52 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I don´t know. All I saw was Trae Young yelling at John Collins with 1.57 to go and his teammates having to talk John Collins down. I throw the max at him and see what Atlanta does. Worst case they match it.

We´ll target Lavine next summer and if it does not work out, the Hawks will have a lot tougher time to re-sign Young and Huerter, while sitting there with a Collins max contract. Win-Win.

Also what I saw from Collins today. If you can switch between defending Embiid, Harris and Simmons, record a 14/16 double-double with a +7, I´m very comfortable with seeing this man in a Mavs uniform. Worst case he´s an awesome #3.

I agree.  I mentioned Lonzo Ball in another post, but I'm a huge fan of John Collins.  Atlanta has a wealth of good players that are up in the next 2 years.  Trae, Huerter, and don't forget DeAndre Hunter.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - SwisherPrice - 06-20-2021

Doc has failed with plenty of high seeded teams and lots of talent over the years. This just adds to his resume, along with the Clippers in the CP3/Blake Griffin Era and then last year with Kawhi/PG.

RC hasn't even had a chance to do anything in the last 10 years because he's been coaching 6th-8th seeds or worse here. The only edge Doc has on him is being a players' coach. But that only goes so far if you don't bring any X's and O's or adjustments in the playoffs too (unless you have LeBron)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Kawhi OUT with injured ACL | CP3 in COVID protocols - Mavs2021 - 06-20-2021

(06-20-2021, 09:46 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1406804818052759556

The Sixers would be complete morons to trade him now. His trade value actually can´t get any lower AND this is HIS moment of truth. He should know that he has to learn how to add some (FT) shooting. So you trade him now, he goes into the summer, puts up 10000 FTs, learns some floater, you trade him and then he comes back a changed player, you look like a complete moron. So you give him a chance and you will wait until at least the next trade deadline, especially with the possibility that Lavine or Beal become available (ugh Cry )