MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - Jason Terry - 06-06-2021

If Nets win it all easily this year, we could see a new superteam era come up. You know Lebron is trying some angle where the lakers are gifted a superstar

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 06-06-2021

Kidd withdraws his name from Portland head coach candidates.  Odd

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - KillerLeft - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 11:24 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Kidd withdraws his name from Portland head coach candidates.  Odd

I bet he thinks that LA job will be his if he's patient enough.

Dame to Lakers

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - SleepingHero - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 11:24 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Kidd withdraws his name from Portland head coach candidates.  Odd

Could be Boston's newest hire...?

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - Tyler - 06-06-2021

Dame: I want to play for Kidd.

Kidd: Come to LA, and we can get Vogel fired together.

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - Mavs2021 - 06-06-2021

Looks like Trae Young is going to the Conference Finals, at least. I heard before the play-offs that there were multiple five figure bets on the Hawks to win the title.

I guess the bettors figured, since Luka is God and the Mavs lose every trade, the only logical conclusion is that the Hawks will win the title. Big Grin Confused

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - dirkfansince1998 - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 12:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Looks like Trae Young is going to the Conference Finals, at least. I heard before the play-offs that there were multiple five figure bets on the Hawks to win the title.

I guess the bettors figured, since Luka is God and the Mavs lose every trade, the only logical conclusion is that the Hawks will win the title. Big Grin Confused

76ers have no guard that can expose Trae on defense. Hawks can hide him on Green or Curry. Really hope that the 76ers collpase, blow it up and trade Simmons (to the Mavs). He just needs to tank his value.

(06-06-2021, 01:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Really hope that the 76ers collpase, blow it up and trade Simmons (to the Mavs).

Simmons in the role (PF, playing the way Powell plays center) we used to imagine Giannis in would be amazing for the Mavs. They would have an unbelievable athletic advantage pretty much every night. They'd be much better in transition (both ways). They would have two ball-handlers capable of putting transition pressure on the defense. He could make plays out of the short roll that Powell (and Porzingis) can't. He'd single handedly elevate the Mavs to a top 10 defense, and on top of that, in a specific way he's one of the very best defensive matchups in basketball for guys like Kawhi, Lebron, etc. It would be too good to be true, imho. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-06-2021, 01:19 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 76ers have no guard that can expose Trae on defense. Hawks can hide him on Green or Curry. Really hope that the 76ers collpase, blow it up and trade Simmons (to the Mavs). He just needs to tank his value.
Simmons and Curry for KP, DFS, Brunson, Green 

One of the few players I’d give up DFS to get

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - StepBackJay - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 01:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Simmons in the role (PF, playing the way Powell plays center) we used to imagine Giannis in would be amazing for the Mavs. They would have an unbelievable athletic advantage pretty much every night. They'd be much better in transition (both ways). They would have two ball-handlers capable of putting transition pressure on the defense. He could make plays out of the short roll that Powell (and Porzingis) can't. He'd single handedly elevate the Mavs to a top 10 defense, and on top of that, in a specific way he's one of the very best defensive matchups in basketball for guys like Kawhi, Lebron, etc. It would be too good to be true, imho. 

I don't see a Mavs path to Simmons bc Sixers won't want what the Mavs have to offer.

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - StepBackJay - 06-06-2021

If I am Sixers/Blazers I consider a Simmons for CJ swap. Both guys I think fit better on the other team.

(06-06-2021, 01:57 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see a Mavs path to Simmons bc Sixers won't want what the Mavs have to offer.

Oh, I don't either. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bc9pvgl5txk2w2k9yy41...w.gif&ct=g]

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - omahen - 06-06-2021

If Luka would be getting calls Young gets, he would shoot 40 FT per game...

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 01:57 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see a Mavs path to Simmons bc Sixers won't want what the Mavs have to offer.

Right. You think the Sixers would trade Simmons for KP at this moment in time?   You're crazy like a fox. Simmons does so many other things that are beneficial to your team winning, who gives a flying f-ck if he can't make jumpers or 3's ?

Maybe we are expecting to much from KP. Not like Embiid is doing a better job on defense right now. Drop defense getting exposed by a skilled guard. Young is doing whatever he wants. Open three, open floater, open drive/layup when Embiid steps up, FTs when he baits the trailing defender into a reach or bump.

(06-06-2021, 02:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe we are expecting to much from KP. Not like Embiid is doing a better job on defense right now. Drop defense getting exposed by a skilled guard. Young is doing whatever he wants. Open three, open floater, open drive/layup when Embiid steps up, FTs when he baits the trailing defender into a reach or bump.

I've been trying to say this for months.

(06-06-2021, 02:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I've been trying to say this for months.

What´s the conclusion? Just give up on the center position and go with cheap and versatile defenders.

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR Fires Stotts - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 02:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe we are expecting to much from KP. Not like Embiid is doing a better job on defense right now. Drop defense getting exposed by a skilled guard. Young is doing whatever he wants. Open three, open floater, open drive/layup when Embiid steps up, FTs when he baits the trailing defender into a reach or bump.

He's doing exactly what Luka does, minus the rebounds and in a smaller package.

(06-06-2021, 02:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What´s the conclusion? Just give up on the center position and go with cheap and versatile defenders.

I don't think that's the end game. Each strategy has its own pros and cons. Today the league is built for guards like Steph/Dame/Young to showcase their talents. I remember back when teams had to have at least 4 BIG centers just to have bodies to foul a guy like Shaq. I think teams will adjust to have wing defenders to just put on these small guards that like to operate in space. 

I also think the league will eventually adjust and stop rewarding all the foul baiting. 

Time and again good teams that win have good centers/big men. I don't think thats going away.