MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: - SleepingHero - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 05:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: LeBron just went full Mavs Rondo in the last two minutes of the game. Down 7. Schroder misses a layup. Suns push the pace. Crowder makes a wide open 3. Lakers down 10. Game over. LBJ just standing around. Never tried to get back on defense.

https://twitter.com/DevInTheLab/status/1399122682138882048

Yet another example of why Bron will never be close in the GOAT debate. At least for me.

Is there any example of Jordan doing this ever?? Heck even in a regular season game?? 

And it wasn't even a blowout.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Mavs2021 - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 02:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The Knicks have come back to earth in their first playoffs in a while.  They are a team who plays hard and fought throughout the regular season, but they are limited.  

Sounds a lot like a Rick Carlisle trained Mavs team constructed by Donnie Nelson.

In 13 years Carlisle has made it past the first round twice now, both in the first three years of his tenure.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - SleepingHero - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 10:57 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Sounds a lot like a Rick Carlisle trained Mavs team constructed by Donnie Nelson.

In 13 years Carlisle has made it past the first round twice now, both in the first three years of his tenure.

When you put it that way....

RE: AROUND the NBA: - dirkfansince1998 - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 10:57 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Sounds a lot like a Rick Carlisle trained Mavs team constructed by Donnie Nelson.

That doesn´t make sense. Roster not good enough and the coach is overperforming in the regular season?Or roster great but the coach screws up in the playoff? The way you described it it cannot be both.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Mavs2021 - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 11:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That doesn´t make sense. Roster not good enough and the coach is overperforming in the regular season?Or roster great but the coach screws up in the playoff? The way you described it it cannot be both.

I don´t know how good Carlisle is anymore. Fact is we run the same predictable offense for the last decade with the same unathletic veteran heavy rotations that get us nowhere. It´s been 10 years since we won the title. In 2011 Jose Mourinho was still the top coach in world soccer. Today his whole style is outdated (from actual tactics to men management) and he´s considered washed-up.

For example. When we had the Clippers on the brink of a super meltdown at the start of Game 3, maybe a different coach doesn´t pull SUPERHOT Luka. Maybe that other coach just reads the situation differently. Maybe we lead by 25 after Q1 of Game 3 and the Clippers are psychological destroyed.

The bare results simply tell a story of a coach, GM and owner that simply don´t give a f*** anymore.

No ambitious owner would employ the same coach and/or same GM for 10 years, if they can´t win a single play-off series. And no superstar coach would accept such shitty rosters every year.

At some point the owner would change something to see whether a different coach or GM can get better results.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - SkenfromLMF - 05-31-2021

As many guys that Memphis runs out that are easy to like (Bane/Morant) they have an equally abrasive group (Allen/Valenciunas/Brooks) that is hard to like - you know if they aren't on your team.

Probably need to find some abrasion for Dallas to become successful in playoff settings.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - SwisherPrice - 05-31-2021

Grizzlies have so much talent. I completely forgot all about Brandon Clarke, who hasn't even played in the playoffs. They have multiple players who have the confidence and ability to create their own shot...it's not all Ja Morant playing 1 on 5 dribbling for 20 seconds and hoping to create the entire offense a la Luka here.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-01-2021

(05-31-2021, 09:09 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: As many guys that Memphis runs out that are easy to like (Bane/Morant) they have an equally abrasive group (Allen/Valenciunas/Brooks) that is hard to like - you know if they aren't on your team.

Probably need to find some abrasion for Dallas to become successful in playoff settings.

What's not to like about Valenciunas or Brooks?  They're not there to make friends.  I can see Allen because of borderline dirty play.  But he's improved a lot. Jonas is one of the best 5's in the league, and Brooks is making a name for himself as a tough hardnosed 3 & D wing. Both could play on my team. They remind me of the old "Grit and Grime" Grizzlies.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - ThisIStheYear - 06-01-2021

I may have been wrong about the Nets. Harden has probably been the league’s best player for some time now. Giving him Kyrie and Durant is almost unfair. And Blake is dunking again?  It’s a crazy super team. The 76ers were the best regular season team I saw this year by far, but I don’t think even they could beat these guys.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Kammrath - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 08:16 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The 76ers were the best regular season team I saw this year by far, but I don’t think even they could beat these guys

Let's withhold judgment till the Nets face somebody stronger than the weak 7 seed Celtics. Don't get me wrong, BRK looks GOOD, but their competition right now isn't much.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - dirkfansince1998 - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 08:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Let's withhold judgment till the Nets face somebody stronger than the weak 7 seed Celtics. Don't get me wrong, BRK looks GOOD, but their competition right now isn't much.

7th seed Celtics without Brown and Walker. Should have been a sweep but Tatum managed to steal one game.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - dirkfansince1998 - 06-01-2021

Cameron Payne is torching the Lakers. Another former Mavs summer league body that turned into a really good player.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Mavs2021 - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 09:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Cameron Payne is torching the Lakers. Another former Mavs summer league body that turned into a really good player.

Don´t care. Got Trey Burke. Big Grin

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Mavs2021 - 06-01-2021

Lillard is just ridiculous.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Hypermav - 06-01-2021

garbage ref screwed Denver

RE: AROUND the NBA: - DrMav - 06-01-2021

Dame time sends it to OT. And did the Nuggets seriously not take a timeout to advance the ball with only 3 seconds left? It’s not like they had 8 or so to bring it up before Portland could set a defense.

Ha, Denver can't miss.

Lillard is pretty incredible.  I have a problem with the refs letting Portland beat up on Jokic and then just breathe on Lillard for fouls.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - HoosierDaddyKid - 06-02-2021

(06-01-2021, 08:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Let's withhold judgment till the Nets face somebody stronger than the weak 7 seed Celtics. Don't get me wrong, BRK looks GOOD, but their competition right now isn't much.

That's about to change now. They got the Bucks next. A team that's much bigger than them. Looks like Nash will have to knock the cobwebs off DeAndre Jordan.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - ClutchDirk - 06-02-2021

https://twitter.com/Farbod_E/status/1399944893460488192