MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: - DrMav - 05-27-2021

Sounds like Ja Morant and his family had plenty of vulgar and racist language tossed at them while in Utah. 

I just don’t understand why people can’t just enjoy the game. You can still cheer and even heckle without being a complete asshole.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - fifteenth - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 08:57 PM)DrMav Wrote: Sounds like Ja Morant and his family had plenty of vulgar and racist language tossed at them while in Utah. 

I just don’t understand why people can’t just enjoy the game. You can still cheer and even heckle without being a complete asshole.

Utah is bad town

RE: AROUND the NBA: - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 08:57 PM)DrMav Wrote: Sounds like Ja Morant and his family had plenty of vulgar and racist language tossed at them while in Utah. 

alcohol

RE: AROUND the NBA: - DrMav - 05-27-2021

Booker with a really dumb flagrant 2 in the final minute. Wonder if he may get suspended for a game though I think it’s unlikely.

Crowder ejected now too.

(05-27-2021, 11:08 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: alcohol

That’s definitely part of it, but all it’s doing is lowering inhibitions. They’re still showing their true asshole colors.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - chaparral - 05-27-2021

Utah fans, see a pattern here?

Report: Judge Dismisses $100M Heckler Lawsuit Against Russell Westbrook (msn.com)

RE: AROUND the NBA: - michaeltex - 05-28-2021

All I know is Dirk had some of the worst games of his career in SLC.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - embellisher - 05-28-2021

(05-26-2021, 09:32 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I'll throw a name out since we still probably need a backup PF who can shoot and not hurt the team's +/-.  We can scout him, but don't blink or you will miss it, in the Memphis/Utah game.  UFA Georges Niang.  TS% is over .600.  3% is over 42%.  Plus double digits in +/- every month this season.  Careful on the +/- data.  Prior to this  year he's been a net negative five years in a row.  I don't think he would complain about standing in the corner.
Can he rebound, set screens, and rim roll?

RE: AROUND the NBA: - omahen - 05-28-2021

Tough break for Bucks

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10004104-bucks-donte-divincenzo-will-miss-rest-of-playoffs-with-ankle-injury

RE: AROUND the NBA: - DanSchwartzgan - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 02:11 PM)embellisher Wrote: Can he rebound, set screens, and rim roll?

He can shoot the crap out of the three, he actually is a pretty effective pick and pop guy and he can floor the ball and pass out of the drive.  He wouldn’t be here as a Willie/Dwight replacement.  He’d be here to back up Maxi (a better Melli).

This season is a HUGE departure for him in his On/Off data.  He is the THIRD Rated player on the Jazz in On Court and On minus Off.  He is part of the best bench in the league.  Clearly you can’t credit him with “carrying” a bench that includes Clarkson and Ingle.  But, he also can’t be the worst part of the bench either if his on court numbers are better than everyone else’s.  

It may be that the space he provides really helps the rest of what they do as a unit.  I don’t think people think of him as a great defender, but Utah is 7.5 points better defensively when he’s in the game.  Gobert obviously plays a role.  Niang’ s most used lineups all include Gobert with mostly bench guys.  We can’t replicate that, but we can certainly make benches pay buy running out Powell or Willie with Niang at PF helping to spread the floor.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - DrMav - 05-28-2021

Geez, multiple shot clock technical issues in Atlanta and we aren’t even a minute in.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - HoosierDaddyKid - 05-28-2021

Jayson Tatum with another 50 piece in a 125-119 win over the Nets.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - ClutchDirk - 05-29-2021

Jazz Legend Mark Eaton passed away...

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Chicagojk - 05-30-2021

ATL will still need to close out NYK (which the last game for a young team can be hard), but they have really been impressive in the first round.   Bogdan has been terrific.   Their young pick Hunter looks like a real nice fit long term there.   Dallas needs a similar offseason like ATL just had.  Not sure if they will have the $ or if the caliber of players will be available, but Dallas just can't try to improve on the edges.    Need real good players.

The Knicks have come back to earth in their first playoffs in a while.  They are a team who plays hard and fought throughout the regular season, but they are limited.   They just need to keep on acquiring assets.   I think long term they will want to be a destination team the longer they look like a legit, functioning franchise and will look to upgrade when the next star says he wants to leave (Towns?)

RE: AROUND the NBA: - SwisherPrice - 05-30-2021

Randle isn't the answer...and neither is Porzingis since both will be compared by Mavs and Knicks fans. Both guys would be better off as #3 options on legit contenders

RE: AROUND the NBA: - omahen - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 02:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The Knicks have come back to earth in their first playoffs in a while.  They are a team who plays hard and fought throughout the regular season, but they are limited. 

Story of Thibodeau career

RE: AROUND the NBA: - khaled1987 - 05-30-2021

Not sure where to post it, former Mavs draft picks Roddy B and Larkin playing Euro league final against Barcelona 
Barca has Calathes, Pau Gasol and Mirotic

Edit: They won, congratulations to them

RE: AROUND the NBA: - omahen - 05-30-2021

Lakers in a lot of trouble after they lost Davis for the game.

RE: AROUND the NBA: - dirkfansince1998 - 05-30-2021

LeBron just went full Mavs Rondo in the last two minutes of the game. Down 7. Schroder misses a layup. Suns push the pace. Crowder makes a wide open 3. Lakers down 10. Game over. LBJ just standing around. Never tried to get back on defense.

https://twitter.com/DevInTheLab/status/1399122682138882048

RE: AROUND the NBA: - Hypermav - 05-30-2021

LeBron hanging his head as the AD reality sinks in.  That combined with Wes Matthews as your starting shooting guard...

RE: AROUND the NBA: - ItsGoTime - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 06:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: LeBron hanging his head as the AD reality sinks in.  That combined with Wes Matthews as your starting shooting guard...
Also realizing the league/refs aren’t going to bail him out anymore.