MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - cow - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 02:27 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I don't really care for other NBA squads.  I care about the Mavs, but still I hate that Denver lost a key guy.  I know I would be sad if we lost our second best player before or during the playoffs.  Oh, that happened last year...

Just as a fan of the sport, watching Jamal and Joker play off of each other is basketball poetry in motion.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Chicagojk - 04-13-2021

Terrible news for Murray and Denver.  It shows you how fragile "your championship window" can be.   They were a sneaky finals contender...not a favorite, but if things went right.....

Denver is a well run organization, but this one is going to be hard to overcome over the next two years.  Two years is a long time to wait too.  A lot can change.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Kammrath - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 02:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I understand KP was out for 1.71 years after his injury, but to say he required that much time to recover from the injury itself is a blatant misrepresentation of the facts and a stretching of the truth.

No it isn't.

KP was rested last season on back to backs STILL as recovery from that injury. That was the specific language used. So even AS he was back playing his recovery still wasn't done according to the Mavs and their doctors. 

And again, I simply rounded up in a quick comment to highlight that the ACL injury is NOT just a season ending injury but one that could cost Murray MOST if not all of NEXT season as well.

(04-13-2021, 03:38 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Terrible news for Murray and Denver.  It shows you how fragile "your championship window" can be.   They were a sneaky finals contender...not a favorite, but if things went right.....

Denver is a well run organization, but this one is going to be hard to overcome over the next two years.  Two years is a long time to wait too.  A lot can change.

Jamal is a huge loss, but I wouldn't count them out from doing damage in the playoffs.  They have a ton of talent on that team.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - SleepingHero - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 03:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: No it isn't.

KP was rested last season on back to backs STILL as recovery from that injury. That was the specific language used. So even AS he was back playing his recovery still wasn't done according to the Mavs and their doctors. 

And again, I simply rounded up in a quick comment to highlight that the ACL injury is NOT just a season ending injury but one that could cost Murray MOST if not all of NEXT season as well.

Agree to disagree then.

(04-13-2021, 03:55 PM)cow Wrote: Jamal is a huge loss, but I wouldn't count them out from doing damage in the playoffs.  They have a ton of talent on that team.

For sure. I still think Denver can be final contenders even without Murray. If anything this theoretically frees up MPJ a bit more to operate on the offensive end.

Jokic is their main engine and like you said they have a ton of talent. They're going to be a tough out for sure.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - StepBackJay - 04-13-2021

This is a huge loss. Is Campazzo their main backup PG? He sucks. I think MPJ and Jokic will have to do more point-forward duties. Do they have another guard that creates?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - ItsGoTime - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 04:12 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: This is a huge loss. Is Campazzo their main backup PG? He sucks. I think MPJ and Jokic will have to do more point-forward duties. Do they have another guard that creates?
AG had some point-forward in him on Orl.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - dirkfansince1998 - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 04:12 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: This is a huge loss. Is Campazzo their main backup PG? He sucks. I think MPJ and Jokic will have to do more point-forward duties. Do they have another guard that creates?

That´s a bit harsh. Certainly not a starter but a good backup PG. Great passer and good defender. Okay shooter. Just struggles in the paint. He makes Trey Burke money. That´s good value. Would certainly prefer him over our 3rd string chucker.
Nuggets also have Monte Morris. One of the best backup PGs of the last 2-3 years but this season he has been worse than Campazzo.

Camp's been getting better.  Still a big task.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - StepBackJay - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 04:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s a bit harsh. Certainly not a starter but a good backup PG. Great passer and good defender. Okay shooter. Just struggles in the paint. He makes Trey Burke money. That´s good value. Would certainly prefer him over our 3rd string chucker.
Nuggets also have Monte Morris. One of the best backup PGs of the last 2-3 years but this season he has been worse than Campazzo.

I guess I just see how excited Luka looks when he gets to play against Campazzo. I realize he is a hustler defender-type but Luka takes his lunch money. Not a guy that's going to be a suitable replacement for starting PG.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 04:38 PM)cow Wrote: Camp's been getting better.  Still a big task.

Especially because of his small stature, he gets picked on.  But he's a tough little hombre. Reminds me of Berea, just not as good of a shooter.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - dynamicalVoid - 04-13-2021

At least we know what it takes to get Steph Curry frustrated...stick a try-hard defender on him.   Campazzo was pissing Curry off last night.   With Curry...you piss him off and he might go for 60 on you.   If I am the Mavs...I am throwing Josh Green at him...see if Green can get Curry off rhythm.   He was visibly frustrated with Campazzo last night.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - ClutchDirk - 04-13-2021

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939898-inside-portlands-plot-to-salvage-damian-lillards-prime

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Kammrath - 04-13-2021

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1382172588068249604

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Jason Terry - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 06:33 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939898-inside-portlands-plot-to-salvage-damian-lillards-prime
Interesting bit in there about Norman Powell’s free agency. Over $20 million per year seems crazy

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Jason Terry - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 10:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1382172588068249604
OKC is building a juggernaut. I can’t believe I’m rooting for the Houston Rockets to retain their pick

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Hypermav - 04-13-2021

Boston beat Portland, good game for both teams but it only matters because of the Mavs.  Dudes throwing in threes all over the court down the stretch.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - ClutchDirk - 04-14-2021

https://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1382206602997039104

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - Aussiebballer - 04-14-2021

Imagine if OKC get lotto luck and end up with 2 top 5 picks to add to SGA and Dort.
Plus all the random picks they have in the future.
Imagine if they were based in a city like Seattle???

RE: AROUND the NBA: Jamal Murray has torn ACL in left knee - bodhisattva - 04-14-2021

(04-14-2021, 09:00 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Imagine if OKC get lotto luck and end up with 2 top 5 picks to add to SGA and Dort.
Plus all the random picks they have in the future.
Imagine if they were based in a city like Seattle???

West will be murder for years to come.
Memphis, New Orleans, Dallas, OKC. Till 2025 old guard will still be around, Luka, Ja and Zion should be full SuperSuper stars and god knows which 15 year kid is balling in Zimbabwe right now, that will be picked by OKC between now or then.
And then there is the East.
Personally I am very excited for the next 5-10 years. I like all the young ones, Trey included, talent is great and basketball too. Sometimes too soft calls and really too many threes but overall ok.