MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - omahen - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 12:06 PM)Tyler Wrote: Cross one more FA target off the list.

Damn. It was expected based on the fortune they paid for him, but still sad Sad

(04-04-2021, 10:51 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: That´s the winning team Zach Lavine is not leaving?

Who knows what he wants. But you have Chicago building around him as a centerpiece or Dallas that want him as second or third banana.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - Mavs2021 - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 12:06 PM)Tyler Wrote: Cross one more FA target off the list.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1378746850816188420
Well you are not giving up five first round picks without the willingness to do that and it´s probably been agreed on forever. They just decided to announce it after a 33/11/7/3 win performance (without Giannis), shooting 60/60/66. Big Grin

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - cow - 04-04-2021

Holiday was never going to leave the Bucks and the Bucks had little choice but to give him that extension.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - embellisher - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 02:36 PM)cow Wrote: Holiday was never going to leave the Bucks and the Bucks had little choice but to give him that extension.

Man, with all of the money they have committed now, what if they can't even make the finals?

Can Lakers drop below 6th spot? With LeBron out until at least April 15th they have following opponents: Toronto, Miami, Brooklyn, New York, Charlotte (all on road), Boston (April 15th), Utah 2x, Dallas 2x.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - bin610 - 04-04-2021

I love Jrue Holiday but that's an insane contract.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - ItsGoTime - 04-04-2021

I love that we play the Lakers twice before LeBron comes back!

(04-04-2021, 06:41 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I love that we play the Lakers twice before LeBron comes back!

Site below says he will be reevaluated April 15th. Do you have other data that he will miss longer? We play them April 22nd and 24th.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/injuries/

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - ItsGoTime - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 06:49 PM)omahen Wrote: Site below says he will be reevaluated April 15th. Do you have other data that he will miss longer? We play them April 22nd and 24th.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/injuries/
I didn’t fully read your original post. Looked like you posted that, but I now see where the April 15th comes in. Hopefully his reevaluation goes poorly.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - embellisher - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 06:31 PM)omahen Wrote: Can Lakers drop below 6th spot? With LeBron out until at least April 15th they have following opponents: Toronto, Miami, Brooklyn, New York, Charlotte (all on road), Boston (April 15th), Utah 2x, Dallas 2x.

They could be our best shot at moving into the top 6, but I'm not sure they'll fall that far.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - Scott41theMavs - 04-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 08:08 PM)embellisher Wrote: They could be our best shot at moving into the top 6, but I'm not sure they'll fall that far.

I still believe we have a chance to catch Portland, as long as we don't foul around with overresting KP the rest of the way. He has become the nail on which the defense hangs again.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - Branduil - 04-04-2021

The Lakers' schedule is quite rough in the 9 games before we play them twice. We need to put ourselves in position to overtake them by sweeping that pair of games.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - bodhisattva - 04-05-2021

We will finish 7th. Its done.
Better play in than finishing 6th and facing LAC in 1. round.
I hope that by the time we play Lakers both AD and LBJ are back and we get a spectacular playoff preview.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - omahen - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:05 AM)bodhisattva Wrote: Better play in than finishing 6th and facing LAC in 1. round.

Why exactly would we be more affraid of Clippers than Phoenix?

I just don't get the logic. Play-in also brings a tough match up against one of many good West teams. Are you really sure GSW couldn't upset us?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - DanSchwartzgan - 04-05-2021

Hampton and Wendell Carter both had efficient 16 point games last night against Denver and both filled up the box score in other ways too.  Two future starters to go with Fultz and Isaac with Okeke and Anthony as young guys to develop and two picks in the top 10 in this years draft.  It will be a while before all that youth amounts to anything, but I’d rather be a fan of hope than a fan of mediocrity.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - juanc - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:12 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Hampton and Wendell Carter both had efficient 16 point games last night against Denver and both filled up the box score in other ways too.  Two future starters to go with Fultz and Isaac with Okeke and Anthony as young guys to develop and two picks in the top 10 in this years draft.  It will be a while before all that youth amounts to anything, but I’d rather be a fan of hope than a fan of mediocrity.

They are in a much better situation then a few weeks ago. It's was about time they blew it up.But again, they would be very dangerous with Fultz and Isaac healthy(If they wouldn't have traded everyone).

But I'm also telling you that they would trade everyone + the picks for Luka Big Grin

(04-05-2021, 06:54 AM)omahen Wrote: Why exactly would we be more affraid of Clippers than Phoenix?

I just don't get the logic. Play-in also brings a tough match up against one of many good West teams. Are you really sure GSW couldn't upset us?

Im not. I think play in is gonna be stressful whether its GSW, NOP or Memphis. All good teams, and it only takes a bad day...

As for Clippers its just my personal opinion, I know we can beat them but i think we cant win a series. I think Suns are a much better matchup and the series with them would go to 7 games, which would probably be decided by veterancy, calmness and clutchness of CP3.

So in any case i think its a 1. round exit again this year. Personally I would like to avoid LAC, LAL and Jazz as I find them a bad matchups for Mavs, on the other hand, I think we can play or even beat any of Suns, Portland and Nuggets in a 7 game series. I have hope in these matchups, with LAL, LAC and Jazz I just dont see it. Its 4-2 at best with this 3 teams fully healthy. Again, my opinion...

The way things stand now, I wouldnt mind finishing seven and going through play in if a reward would be Phoenix. Besides, I dont really care who Mavs get. If you wanna win, you have to beat the best and Mavs are just not there yet with the roster. I think going for a title is, at minimum, season and a half away. Thats the point i will start caring a bit more. For now I am just enjoying this young, lovable team.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - Aussiebballer - 04-05-2021

Anyone else annoyed Orlando didn’t get Bol Bol in the Gorgon trade?
Imagine Bol, Issac and Bamba playing together!!!!

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lebron out 4-6 weeks - michaeltex - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 09:02 AM)bodhisattva Wrote: So in any case i think its a 1. round exit again this year. Personally I would like to avoid LAC, LAL and Jazz as I find them a bad matchups for Mavs, on the other hand, I think we can play or even beat any of Suns, Portland and Nuggets in a 7 game series. I have hope in these matchups, with LAL, LAC and Jazz I just dont see it. Its 4-2 at best with this 3 teams fully healthy. Again, my opinion...
You are probably correct, but I am reserving judgement against UTA until after tonight's game. This will be the first time DAL has faced them with a healthy (sort of) roster. 

The assumption is Maxi and JRich are good to go.

(04-05-2021, 09:13 AM)michaeltex Wrote: You are probably correct, but I am reserving judgement against UTA until after tonight's game. This will be the first time DAL has faced them with a healthy (sort of) roster. 

The assumption is Maxi and JRich are good to go.

I agree. In my universe the only reason the Jazz occupy the same tier as both LA teams is Gobert. If they would have any other center i would rate them along Nuggets, Suns etc.

Based on my eye test of last two seasons, for some reason, he just makes life very hard for Luka in the paint. Besides Adebayo, I havent seen any other center give him so much trouble. And if Luka cant drive, well Mavs offense falls apart, lets be honest. Thats, the only reason. Not good team, neither their 3pt shooting, long bench, Mitchell etc. I dont care for any of that. Take Gobert out and we can beat them.

As you I will watch tonight, hoping for a good game in which I can see some progress, because in previous 2 seasons, we really did not look like we can contend with Jazz, once they locked in defensively.