MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - KillerLeft - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 11:52 AM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: And FWIW, I think he's been complaining behind the scenes about wanting more offensive focused on him and it wasn't just a 1 time Trae blowup.

Oh, I never thought it was, but I DO think that management's POV on him can drastically change based on a head coaching change. They don't even know who their real next head coach is, yet. New coaching means new system. New system could mean a completely different temperature on EVERY Hawks player.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - cow - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:03 PM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: The Bogdonavic love has always escaped me.  As has the Buddy Hield love.  I have a pet theory that Sacramento King players get way over valued because they're generally always available at some point, and everyone talks themselves into them over  time into being more than they are just because they're attainable.    Ive never seen so many fans foaming at the mouth over their 3rd or 4th best players on a team that is hopelessly bad every year.

Buddy is in the elite of the elite of one of the most desired skill in the sport.  His contract structure is also very reasonable.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - KillerLeft - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:03 PM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: The Bogdonavic love has always escaped me

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - Hypermav - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - HanspardShowerVoice - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, I never thought it was, but I DO think that management's POV on him can drastically change based on a head coaching change. They don't even know who their real next head coach is, yet. New coaching means new system. New system could mean a completely different temperature on EVERY Hawks player.

This is true.   If the next HC decides the franchise shouldn't be entirely built around Trae young becoming Steph 2.0, that would change everything (particularly for Trae).   Though a lot of times ownership has the habit of hiring coaching candidates who tell them what they want to hear.

(03-24-2021, 12:15 PM)cow Wrote: Buddy is in the elite of the elite of one of the most desired skill in the sport.  His contract structure is also very reasonable.

I mean, Seth Curry is an elite of the elite at the same skill getting paid $8 milliion a year while Buddy is getting paid $20 million.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - ClutchDirk - 03-24-2021

https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1374774646822817794

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - omahen - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:37 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1374774646822817794

Oh my my... Smile So we are coming to a range Dallas can compete. And many other teams

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - Kammrath - 03-24-2021

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1374773805793562633

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - vfromlmf - 03-24-2021

Re Gordon

Choice of Prichard, Langford or Nesmith and a 1st makes sense. Mavs could put a similar package on the table but a 2025 pick is much less appealing. Houston maybe offering two 1st which is probably the best offer but it's not done because Gordon doesn't want to be a part of another losing situation.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - Kammrath - 03-24-2021

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/aaron-gordon-addresses-trade-request.html

Quote:Responding on Tuesday to a report that said he asked the Magic to trade him, Aaron Gordon didn’t dispute that report, telling the media that he made the request due to his “frustration” with his situation, writes Nick Friedell of ESPN.

“There’s been times where I just expressed my frustration to management,” Gordon said. “Frustration with the losses, the injuries, the way we’ve been playing and how many losses have accumulated over the years. So it’s just my frustration kind of boiling over, I would say. … I think a lot of people share that sentiment with me, of frustration.”

Gordon is in his seventh season with the Magic, having been drafted by the team back in 2014. During that time, Orlando has made the playoffs just twice and was quickly eliminated in a 4-1 first-round series each time. With the Magic enduring another tough season in 2020/21, it’s no surprise that the veteran forward is ready for a change of scenery.

The NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement prohibits players from publicly requesting trades, but I’d be surprised if the league disciplines Gordon for addressing the report about a request he made privately to the team — especially since he responded carefully when asked on Tuesday if he’s still hoping to be dealt.

“I’m focused on (Wednesday) night,” Gordon said. “As of right now, I’m an Orlando Magic. I’ve been here for seven years, developed a home here, a sense of love and community here. For as long as I have Orlando on my chest, Magic on my chest, I’m going to give it everything I have.”

Gordon is considered likely to be dealt this week, with the Celtics and Nuggets reportedly among the top contenders to land him.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - Tyler - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 12:37 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1374774646822817794

Wait -- you thought we were offering two picks and Smart for Gordon? I think you mis-heard. We said you'd be "smart" to accept two recent picks in Tremont Waters and Yam Madar. And BTW we'll also need Fournier in the deal.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - Hypermav - 03-24-2021

Ainge has to win the trade, I hope Orlando kicks him in the Gortats.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - omahen - 03-24-2021

So why are Mavs not making this deal?

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1374781128092086275

(03-24-2021, 12:49 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Re Gordon

Choice of Prichard, Langford or Nesmith and a 1st makes sense. Mavs could put a similar package on the table but a 2025 pick is much less appealing. Houston maybe offering two 1st which is probably the best offer but it's not done because Gordon doesn't want to be a part of another losing situation.

Here I have the answer to that. If you really really like Gordon:

Dal: Bledsoe, Gordon
Orl: Richardson, Green, NO pick
NO: Johnson

RE: AROUND the NBA: Aaron Gordon has requested a trade - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 11:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: He was going to cost assets one way or another 

How is that?  Before free agency, I said sign him to a 4/$95 offer sheet with a first year salary of $22 million.

Mil had just given Eric Bledsoe a new contract a couple of months before.  Middleton max.  Giannis supermax.  Lopez must have.  What's the likelihood they match that offer sheet for Brogdon?  50% at best IMO.

We got Luka and Dirk and I would be glad to have Donnie be the head of European scouting or whatever but I do not trust this front office at all.  The way it's setup is too much like the Cowboys except slightly better in that Donnie gets to make the final call instead of Cuban.  We had $28 million in cap space with the ability to get to something like $36 million with a Lee stretch and waive.  And us and the Hornets were apparently the only two teams clueless enough to not tamper.  All the good free agents signed at 6:01PM while we're calling Delon Wright as our primary target with potentially $35+ million in cap space.

We made fun of the Hornets and that Rozier contract but dear lord he'd be much better than anything the Mavs have accomplished in free agency.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - HanspardShowerVoice - 03-24-2021

Jury is still kinda out how catastrophic it was to avoid rushing out and sign players to contracts that their current teams are trying to dump.  I'm really pretty glad we didn't try to pay a premium to lure Patrick Beverly away from the Clippers.   Mavs got a better player in Seth Curry.   We dodged a huge bullet with Kemba going to Boston.   Glad we were never serious about Horford.     I remember people being like really mad we didn't sign Jabari Parker ... what?    I guess Danny Green got his ring with the Lakers, but from what I've seen he wouldn't have moved the needle much for the Mavs for what he had left in the tank.  

If I'm the Pacers, I would expect a king's ransom for Brodgon considering they gave away a 1st and 2 second rounders for 1.5 years of service.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - Tyler - 03-24-2021

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1374786612614270977

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - cow - 03-24-2021

I'll take Lonzo and Bledsoe, thanks.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - Kammrath - 03-24-2021

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1374789033096806406

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 01:12 PM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: Jury is still kinda out how catastrophic it was to avoid rushing out and sign players to contracts that their current teams are trying to dump.  I'm really pretty glad we didn't try to pay a premium to lure Patrick Beverly away from the Clippers.   Mavs got a better player in Seth Curry.   I remember people being like really mad we didn't sign Jabari Parker ... what?  

There is one poster on this forum (and the old one) that wanted (and still wants) Jabari Parker.

I dont see how you can possibly say the jury is still out because some teams gave out bad contracts.  Unless you think Beverly and Seth were the only options with possibly $36 million in cap space.  How do you have max cap space and not manage to sign a single starter?  That's the mind boggling part.  I remember before free agency the big argument on the old forum was whether we could sign 2 really good starters with $28 million in space or we'd have to stretch Lee in order to do it.  Mavs fell asleep at the wheel.  They're not plugged in enough to know every free agent was going to agree before tampering was allowed.

Just imagine going to a free agent meeting with NBA legends Pat Riley or Jerry West wearing a $10,000 suit vs Donnie and Cuban coming in there with dad jeans and a hoodie.  We have the best young player in the league.  We have a championship coach.  We have arguably the most loved owner in the NBA.  And yet no one is clamoring to play here.  Even Porzingis wasn't all that excited or committal in his press conference after being traded here.  I strongly believe our front office structure needs a reset but then Cuban wont get to play GM (like Jerry).  I dont blame him.  If I became a billionaire and could buy my favorite team, I'd want to play GM too.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Lonzo Ball likely to be moved before TDL - Mapka - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 01:25 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: There is one poster on this forum (and the old one) that wanted (and still wants) Jabari Parker.

I dont see how you can possibly say the jury is still out because some teams gave out bad contracts.  Unless you think Beverly and Seth were the only options with possibly $36 million in cap space.  How do you have max cap space and not manage to sign a single starter?  That's the mind boggling part.  I remember before free agency the big argument on the old forum was whether we could sign 2 really good starters with $28 million in space or we'd have to stretch Lee in order to do it.  Mavs fell asleep at the wheel.  They're not plugged in enough to know every free agent was going to agree before tampering was allowed.

Now we're somewhere in the mid 20s out of 30 teams in terms of tradable assets.

They signed KP, DFS, Maxi and Seth ( and Delon) nobody did better this year.