MavsBoard
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=622)

RE: AROUND the NBA - SleepingHero - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 03:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1367561221550059527

Pain. 

He would've been so so so good here.

(03-04-2021, 03:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1367574495993692164

I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would take Love. But probably the packages they'd offer aren't what the Cavs would probably like.

RE: AROUND the NBA - dirkfansince1998 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 03:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1367561221550059527

Personally I am even higher on Stewart. +12.3 on/off (+3.3 offense/ -9 defense). By far the best among all rookies. Pistons are still starting tank commander Plumlee but it is getting more and more difficult to lose enough games because the rookies are playing really good.
Stewart really reminds me of rookie Bam Adebayo. A little bit undersized but really strong (6-8/250). Great fit for a switch heavy defense. Strong and bulky post defender. Quick and versatile perimeter defender.

RE: AROUND the NBA - cow - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 06:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Pain. 

He would've been so so so good here.

Imagine a world where we had Bey-Bey-Curry

RE: AROUND the NBA - Hypermav - 03-04-2021

All Star Draft on TNT.  Curious where Luka will go.

RE: AROUND the NBA - DrMav - 03-04-2021

Luka to Team Lebron along with Curry, Giannis, and Jokic

RE: AROUND the NBA - Hypermav - 03-04-2021

Pretty funny they "slandered" Utah.

RE: AROUND the NBA - SleepingHero - 03-05-2021

Damian Lillard is something else my god.

If the game is close and its 2 minutes left he becomes prime Jordan.

RE: AROUND the NBA - Kammrath - 03-05-2021

[Image: EvsTOAdXMAAH-ps?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EvrbvszWQAIdG6e?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: AROUND the NBA - SleepingHero - 03-05-2021

I will say, if we could assemble the perfect team right now in the NBA, team Lebron is pretty damn close.

I mean : Steph/Luka/Lebron/Giannis/Jokic?????? SHEESH

https://twitter.com/ClaireMPLS/status/1367720025935683586

RE: AROUND the NBA - Hypermav - 03-05-2021

Good night for the Mavs.  Grizzlies, Pelicans, Warriors and Spurs lost.  Only a game behind the Spurs heading into our meeting with them after the All Star break.  I think the Spurs would still be ahead by a tiny percentage with a Mavs win.  Currently only two games back in the loss column from 4th place.

RE: AROUND the NBA - Chicagojk - 03-05-2021

So I think the Kings make a move or two.   Maybe Atlanta makes a move as Gallo really hasn't made much of an impact.   Drummond will be moved.    

Although, I don't see a lot of movement.   If others move it will be a sellers market.   Most teams are bunched together.  Even most of the poor teams have some hope this year.   With the expanded playoffs, I will be surprised if there are a lot of teams just trying to get off a contract.   My hope is the Mavs resist giving up a young prospect for a win now move.   

I do think Kevin Love is an interesting name that could come out of no where.   I also think Blake Griffin as a buyout guy is worth the gamble.  Although the Mavs front office usually don't sell themselves well and I could see a more aggressive and hungry front office win the chance to roll the dice with Griffin.

RE: AROUND the NBA - Halfnir - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 08:06 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ClaireMPLS/status/1367720025935683586

Giannis be like: i'm gonna score 100 with those 4 passers around me.

RE: AROUND the NBA - michaeltex - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 09:29 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So I think the Kings make a move or two.   Maybe Atlanta makes a move as Gallo really hasn't made much of an impact.   Drummond will be moved.    

I do think Kevin Love is an interesting name that could come out of no where.   I also think Blake Griffin as a buyout guy is worth the gamble.  Although the Mavs front office usually don't sell themselves well and I could see a more aggressive and hungry front office win the chance to roll the dice with Griffin.
Kevin Love could be an interesting get, not the greatest defender but more of an edge than KP. IF he can stay healthy.

Jury is out on Gallo, but he's not impressing anyone this season. Although the board kept bringing him up last off season. 

Griffin is a hard pass. His game was based around soaring athleticism which was eventually coupled with an outside shooting touch. However the athleticism ship has sailed and he's not worth the resources to get him. Plus, IMO, he's an A-hole who isn't going to do much for team development.

RE: AROUND the NBA - Chicagojk - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 10:09 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Kevin Love could be an interesting get, not the greatest defender but more of an edge than KP. IF he can stay healthy.

Jury is out on Gallo, but he's not impressing anyone this season. Although the board kept bringing him up last off season. 

Griffin is a hard pass. His game was based around soaring athleticism which was eventually coupled with an outside shooting touch. However the athleticism ship has sailed and he's not worth the resources to get him. Plus, IMO, he's an A-hole who isn't going to do much for team development.

For Griffin I meant as a buyout (and it is reported he is being bought out), so the only cost is finding a roster spot for him.

For some, I am sure they will think he is done.  Maybe he is.   I just like the low cost gamble.    But even if the Mavs were interested, not sure they would close him or get the chance to talk to him.

RE: AROUND the NBA - Tyler - 03-05-2021

Man -- imagine watching a Clippers game just a few years and telling people that pretty soon both Griffin and Jordan would be washed while Paul would be traded around. Life comes at ya fast.

Griffin as a FA reminds me of Amare Stoudamire back when he signed with Dallas mid-season. You're not going to get anything close to the guy he used to be before injuries stole his athleticism, but he can still play a productive role and be fun to watch when you're not the one stuck with the long-term dead money.

RE: AROUND the NBA - HoosierDaddyKid - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 12:48 PM)Tyler Wrote: Man -- imagine watching a Clippers game just a few years and telling people that pretty soon both Griffin and Jordan would be washed while Paul would be traded around. Life comes at ya fast.

Griffin as a FA reminds me of Amare Stoudamire back when he signed with Dallas mid-season. You're not going to get anything close to the guy he used to be before injuries stole his athleticism, but he can still play a productive role and be fun to watch when you're not the one stuck with the long-term dead money.

3 years left on his deal at 56.5.  Detroit will have a substantial cap hit for 2021/22. They have to decide to take the hit all at once, or stretch waive him for 3 seasons. They are familiar with the stretch waive provision, as Josh Smith's ridiculous deal, just came off the books last year.

RE: AROUND the NBA - Mavs2021 - 03-05-2021

We have been fooled by all these revitalised veterans. That was all just BS. This is not the cute retirement tour anymore, we are trying to build a championship team so no more Derons,Amares,Eltons or Charlies looking for an last additional paycheque on the way out. It makes more sense to gamble on fallen angels on the cheap or rookies in bad places.We need to upgrade our overall long-term roster spots first, then the veterans come crawling.

RE: AROUND the NBA - cow - 03-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 03:20 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: We have been fooled by all these revitalised veterans. That was all just BS. This is not the cute retirement tour anymore, we are trying to build a championship team so no more Derons,Amares,Eltons or Charlies looking for an last additional paycheque on the way out. It makes more sense to gamble on fallen angels on the cheap or rookies in bad places.We need to upgrade our overall long-term roster spots first, then the veterans come crawling.

I think the idea behind Love would be to get additional trade capital with him.  It's the most logical move with our expiring contracts and the fact that we are so far away from contention.  If you can get someone serviceable and pick up a young player or draft pick or two, that seems like a path forward to investigate.