MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - cow - 02-05-2020

Wiggins has been better and all this year, but I have no idea why GSW would trade D'Lo for him.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - MrGoat - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:10 AM)cow Wrote: Is the lesson to never invest serious money into the mold of center that offers little more than dunks, blocks and rebounds (DAJ, Capella, Drummond etc.)?  Rockets are going to get smashed by any team with size (Lakers).  Lakers have two of those guys but are making under 7m combined.

Maybe. Capela was useless for the Rockets in the last two series against Golden State. As much flak as Harden got for not coming through in the playoffs Capela was their most disappointing player, so I guess why not triple down on going small. 

Roco will need to pick it up from deep if he's going to fit in Houston though, as much hype as he gets on this board for being a 3 & D guy he's not that great from 3 and it's not like he made enough of a defensive impact to help Minnesota

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:32 AM)cow Wrote: Wiggins has been better and all this year, but I have no idea why GSW would trade D'Lo for him.

Their own top pick + MIN's unprotected could be two top 5 picks.  You can add another all star for two top 5 picks.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - ItsGoTime - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:32 AM)cow Wrote: Wiggins has been better and all this year, but I have no idea why GSW would trade D'Lo for him.
I get the appeal for GSW. The Athletic article talks about Wiggins never being in a stable environment, which he would in GS. He also has been forced to play pick and roll mostly which hasn't been a strength for him, but with the Warriors he'd have a lot more space and ability to showcase his defense. In other words, GS believes they can probably unlock his potential, but not without cost to Min and I agree with them.

(02-05-2020, 12:33 AM)MrGoat Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:10 AM)cow Wrote: Is the lesson to never invest serious money into the mold of center that offers little more than dunks, blocks and rebounds (DAJ, Capella, Drummond etc.)?  Rockets are going to get smashed by any team with size (Lakers).  Lakers have two of those guys but are making under 7m combined.

Maybe. Capela was useless for the Rockets in the last two series against Golden State. As much flak as Harden got for not coming through in the playoffs Capela was their most disappointing player, so I guess why not triple down on going small. 

Roco will need to pick it up from deep if he's going to fit in Houston though, as much hype as he gets on this board for being a 3 & D guy he's not that great from 3 and it's not like he made enough of a defensive impact to help Minnesota

What's Houston's starting five now?

Westbrook, Harden, RoCo, Tucker, and Gordon?  Not sure Tucker, Roco and Westbrook can handle the defense and rebounding load.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - ItsGoTime - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:35 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Their own top pick + MIN's unprotected could be two top 5 picks.  You can add another all star for two top 5 picks.
The article states that GSW want an unprotected 2021 pick due to that class being perceived to be better.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - philjuan1 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:38 AM)cow Wrote:

Westbrook, Harden, RoCo, Tucker, and Gordon?  Not sure Tucker, Roco and Westbrook can handle the defense and rebounding load.
Houston going into small-ball heaven.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - Tyler - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:19 AM)Jym Wrote: Going from Capela to Covington is a downgrade just like going from Paul to Westbrook 
Weird moves, Houston

Houston just traded Capela, Nene, Green, and a 1st rounder for a player they once cut.  Classic Morey.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-05-2020

Did Hou give up a 1st round pick just to shed Nene's contract?

(02-05-2020, 12:35 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:

Their own top pick + MIN's unprotected could be two top 5 picks.  You can add another all star for two top 5 picks.

Aren't you hamstrung by the cap though with Wiggins + Green + Klay + Steph?  That's 130m.  Add on another 8 million or so for their own pick.  You'd probably need to include a pick just to get off of Wiggins.  D'Lo just seems like the better, tradeable asset.

Hou also gets Jordan Bell.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - Aussiebballer - 02-05-2020

Could be hoping for a deal in the offseason of
Wiggins + 2 top 10 picks for Beal!!!!!

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

Nobody on the rockets can guard AD, KP, Jokic, Joel and the other skilled bigs out there. Puzzling move by the rockets unless they are about to acquire Tristan or someone else to fill the gaping hole they now have.

(02-05-2020, 12:39 AM)philjuan1 Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:38 AM)cow Wrote:

Houston going into small-ball heaven.

Is that like the farm up north my parent took our dog Sparky too when he got older?

(02-05-2020, 12:45 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Could be hoping for a deal in the offseason of
Wiggins + 2 top 10 picks for Beal!!!!!

Was just about to post post this.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - Aussiebballer - 02-05-2020

They have nothing left to trade, no contracts over $3.5 mil if they aren't trading Tucker ($8mil)

More importantly did they stay under the tax????? Smile

(02-05-2020, 12:47 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: They have nothing left to trade, no contracts over $3.5 mil if they aren't trading Tucker ($8mil)

More importantly did they stay under the tax?????  Smile

Get out of my head please.   Heart

We'll gladly trade you some smaller players for Tucker, Houston.  Let's see how far you can take this small ball theorycrafting.

Over/Under on Harden asking out during the 20-21 season?

They got Hartenstein and Bell as big men.  That's something.

(02-05-2020, 12:53 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: They got Hartenstein and Bell as big men.  That's something.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - omahen - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 12:19 AM)Tyler Wrote: Done deal.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1224925362896932864

Wow! 
1. Great deal for Minny, really got a haul for Covington. 2 promising youngsters and a first round pick
2. Houston: what were you thinking!?!? Even if Capella has a season ending injury, paying him and first round pick for Covington is just strange
3. Atlanta: got long term quality starter center for a first round pick, reasonable
4. Denver: bad Houston pick for Beasley and Hernangomez, really? No one was offering better package for those two?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | Knicks fire Steve Mills - Jommybone - 02-05-2020

Is Minny planning to flip that 1st rounder plus Wiggins for D'Lo? Is GS going to fw Wiggins to Big D for Lee, Wright, the resulting cap-tax relief, and their 2nd rounder back? That’s how my tea leaves read.