MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - vfromlmf - 01-23-2020

Mavs looking for a wing and a big

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1220414476459094016?s=20

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ClutchDirk - 01-24-2020

Speaking to the media after a 128-113 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, James plainly stated the team has all it needs to contend for a title now. It needs no further pieces.  
Quote:
Dave McMenamin@mcten
With the trade deadline coming up on Feb. 6th, LeBron was asked if the Lakers are "one piece away" from cementing their championship contender status. LeBron's answer was both confident, and savvy, preserving team chemistry by not suggesting weakness: "We have enough right now"

https://media.giphy.com/media/EouEzI5bBR8uk/giphy.gif

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ClutchDirk - 01-24-2020

Kevin Love is reportedly playing nice. 
The 31-year-old Cleveland Cavaliers forward "prefers to be traded—even though he hasn't made that demand" ahead of the Feb. 6 NBA trade deadline, according to Cleveland.com's Chris Fedor.
"I will be happy if I'm still here," Love told reporters following Thursday night's 124-112 loss to Washington, per Fedor. "I fully plan on continuing to help these guys, continuing to help—Tristan [Thompson], myself, Larry [Nance Jr.]—these guys, being a leader with all the veterans. And this place, Cleveland, the fans, they've been really, really good to me. So, yes."
However, Shams Charania and Joe Vardon of The Athletic reported on Jan. 4 of friction between Love and general manager Koby Altman—the same day Love was visibly frustrated during a game against Oklahoma City.

"Water under the bridge," one former NBA executive said. "And Iguodala wants to play for a team with a chance to do something special in the playoffs. Ja is amazing and the Grizzlies have been a lot better than anyone expected, but their best case is a first-round knockout to the [Los Angeles] Lakers."
Speaking of the Lakers (36-9), they would happily welcome Iguodala if he's eventually bought out, but L.A. doesn't have a clear path to the 2015 NBA Finals MVP and his $17.2 million salary, with no first-rounders to offer and valuable contributors Danny Green and/or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope necessary to make a trade cap-worthy.
"We're not buying him out," an executive with the Grizzlies said. "We will trade him, period."

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ThunderMav - 01-24-2020

Noooo, just when I’m having fun and enjoying season

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1220623499619971072

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - omahen - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 12:48 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Noooo, just when I’m having fun and enjoying season

That would be huge for them. Horford is great but they really lack a true PG. This would be also his last title chance

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-24-2020

I can't see Simmons and CP3 coexisting.  Simmons is worthless if he can't be the PG.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - DanSchwartzgan - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 12:48 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Noooo, just when I’m having fun and enjoying season

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1220623499619971072

Hmmm.  Horford is a veteran who scores more than 15 ppg.  Hmmm.

I don’t see the value of Horford in OKC.  I do see the value of Horford in Dallas.  It wouldn’t be hard to construct a deal that sends CP3 to Philly, Horford to Dallas and pieces to Philly.  It does become hard to do if the goal is keeping Philly under the LT while doing those things (but that would be hard in any trade of Paul to Philly).

This is one of those things where deep pockets and a nearer term window than OKC might give Dallas some advantage.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - omahen - 01-24-2020

I wonder if we can jump in. Horford is good player but his contract is horrible for his age. Would OKC really want it without draft compensation? However, Horford is basically perfect for us from team building point of view. How about:

OKC: Lee, THJ
Dal: Horford, Ferguson, draft compensation from Philly (or young player like Thybulle while we give them Bro in this case)
Phi: CP3

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - DanSchwartzgan - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 01:15 PM)omahen Wrote: I wonder if we can jump in. Horford is good player but his contract is horrible for his age. Would OKC really want it without draft compensation? However, Horford is basically perfect for us from team building point of view. How about:

OKC: Lee, THJ
Dal: Horford, Ferguson, draft compensation from Philly (or young player like Thybulle while we give them Bro in this case)
Phi: CP3

I had us sending out Wright/Lee/Roby and taking back Horford/Patton and Trey Burke.  OKC gets Zaire, Lee and Wright.  Philly gets Paul and Roby

(01-24-2020, 01:24 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I had us sending out Wright/Lee/Roby and taking back Horford/Patton and Trey Burke.  OKC gets Zaire, Lee and Wright.  Philly gets Paul and Roby

Yeah, a lot of possibilities. Depending on little things regarding team preferences, how they see some youngsters and the negotiating skills.

Imagine the possibilities if we would get a first rounder. All of a sudden we could actually build a nice package for RoCo: first rounder, GSW2nd and whatever player they would like:  Wright?, Brunson?, JJ? - anything is possible.

(01-24-2020, 01:24 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: OKC gets Zaire, Lee and Wright.

Hm, is this enough for OKC? Don't they need to get at least 28 mil in salaries just for Paul salary?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - SkenfromLMF - 01-24-2020

If it is a straight up trade OKC wouldn't need to take that salary back, the other team would need to send it out IF they were over the cap/couldn't fit the salary under the cap.
In this case OKC would generate a considerable TPE for the difference of Paul to the incoming salary.

I would think that OKC would like to have a PG (Brunson/Wright) in return IF they are dealing CP3.

(01-24-2020, 01:37 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:24 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: OKC gets Zaire, Lee and Wright.

Hm, is this enough for OKC? Don't they need to get at least 28 mil in salaries just for Paul salary?

OKC has to send enough salary to match their incoming.  Philly is the one that has to match Paul within the rules.

(01-24-2020, 01:50 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: OKC has to send enough salary to match their incoming.  Philly is the one that has to match Paul within the rules.

Thanks for clarifing. Than your proposal is much better, THJ is very important piece for us.

From Shams Charania inside pass:

Rival teams say that the Mavericks are aiming to clear a roster spot for flexibility, first via trade. Dallas has opened up talks in the market place to acquire a wing player and a center, the latter of which could come in the free-agent space.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2020/1/23/21079263/chicago-bulls-zach-lavine-roster-decisions

One major problem the front office has is that it has little financial wiggle room to try to make LaVine happy. One reason is Porter’s $27.2 million salary this season and his $28.4 million player option next season — an option he undoubtedly will exercise.
The Bulls would love to trade Porter, whom they acquired in a deal with the Wizards at the deadline last season, but good luck finding a team to take that contract.
As it stands right now, the injured Porter is in line to collect just less than $60 million from the Bulls when it’s all said and done. To this point, he has played in 24 games for them and has contributed to 10 victories.

Another player the Bulls would love to trade is 2016 first-round draft pick Denzel Valentine, who is buried in coach Jim Boylen’s doghouse. The problem is, they wouldn’t be able to get much in return for Valentine, so he would have to be part of a package.

Markkanen looks like a player who needs a change of scenery, but the Bulls would be too paranoid to give up on his talent. That leaves Young and Kris Dunn, and that’s about it.
Sources have indicated the Clippers have interest in both players, but they could go after Young in a trade and wait for Dunn to become a restricted free agent this summer.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - fifteenth - 01-24-2020

LOL, the Clippers are interested in everyone (per sources)

(01-24-2020, 02:13 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Bulls would love to trade Porter

Easy peasy. Lee and Curry for Porter, Markannen and Valentine in TPE for GSW 2nd. Who says no Smile

(01-24-2020, 01:56 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:50 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: OKC has to send enough salary to match their incoming.  Philly is the one that has to match Paul within the rules.

Thanks for clarifing. Than your proposal is much better, THJ is very important piece for us.

Agreed.  In fact, Dallas might consider extending THJ if they were to trade for Horford as they are out of the 2021 cap room chase anyway (which is another reason why it might cost less to acquire Horford than would otherwise be true).

(01-24-2020, 01:56 PM)omahen Wrote:
From Shams Charania inside pass:

Rival teams say that the Mavericks are aiming to clear a roster spot for flexibility, first via trade. Dallas has opened up talks in the market place to acquire a wing player and a center, the latter of which could come in the free-agent space.

Do you interpret that to mean Trade for a wing and sign a center off the street or after players are waived?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Kammrath - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 01:56 PM)omahen Wrote: Rival teams say that the Mavericks are aiming to clear a roster spot for flexibility, first via trade. Dallas has opened up talks in the market place to acquire a wing player and a center, the latter of which could come in the free-agent space.

This is only logical....but it is great to see it reported. 

So either the Mavs....

1) ....do a three for two trade where they get BOTH wing and center (like from SAC, MIN, etc)

OR

2) ...they do a two for one trade for a wing, then sign a free agent center.

Less than two weeks from the trade deadline, the Pistons’ market on center Andre Drummond seems to be stagnant. Three teams that have inquired with the Pistons — Atlanta, New York and Boston — are believed to be bypassing further pursuit, sources said. The Pistons’ asking price of a first-round draft pick or a quality young player has not yielded a quality offer yet, according to sources.

https://theathletic.com/1559096/2020/01/24/charanias-inside-pass-westbrook-trying-to-pull-rockets-together-plus-more-nba-notes-and-trade-talk?source=shared-article

(01-24-2020, 02:37 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Do you interpret that to mean Trade for a wing and sign a center off the street or after players are waived?

I interpret as looking for buyers for someone like Bro or Roby. So they don't need to just cut him in a 1 for 2 trade or similar. I expect we will get more players in a trade due to our ability to take bad salaries.