MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - omahen - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 08:56 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Lauri Markkanen for Lee and a future first, yes please.  Maybe he is redundant somewhat at KP's position but a valuable asset for another trade as needed.  No way the Bulls do that deal.

That would give us a real unicorn duo. Both tall athletic guys who can hit the three. Markannen is just bad at the moment, but so is basically every Chicago player. I think he is much better than showing currently. I agree, no way Bulls do that deal.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ClutchDirk - 01-21-2020

https://twitter.com/AJohnsonNBA/status/1219620260690694146

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 08:56 AM)Hypermav Wrote: https://dawindycity.com/2020/01/19/chicago-bulls-trade-rumors-dallas-mavericks/4/

#2 - Lauri Markkanen for Lee and a future first, yes please.  Maybe he is redundant somewhat at KP's position but a valuable asset for another trade as needed.  No way the Bulls do that deal.
I would for sure do that trade with the TE, easily. TE and 2025 first, or do it during the draft and give our 1st rounder with JJ for him. Agree that if he doesn't work out here, he is a strong asset for trade, which makes me disbelieve this proposal from a Chicago writer (not proposed from a Mavs fan).

However, if they want to jump-start a new rebuild (as this and anther article I read in that rabbit hole of articles I just got into when reading the original one), I'm relieving them of OPJ (actually the 2 players I'd love to have on their team are OPJ and WCJ) who I view as close to the same level as RoCo on a bad contract that lasts, guess what?...that's right, 2 years. My trade assumes they want out of all the high money they're paying to these underperforming players. OPJ being their highest salary and the article tries to send Lavine in 2 different trades. I don't want Lavine though so here is my trade:

Satoranski, OPJ and Feliciano for THJ, Lee and Brunson - straight up, no picks involved (could drop Feliciano and add GSW if they valued the pick more than getting off Feliciano's contract maybe?)

I see Satoranski as a poor man's Bogdanovic and OPJ as an overpaid (currently underperforming) RoCo. This article says that the writer really wanted Chi to draft JB, they are also wanting to trade for THJ because he brings defense (well, better defense than Lavine which isn't saying much, but he does say THJ brings at least some defense). Here they get to correct the JB "mistake" and clear a ton of space while also already having the replacement for Lavine on hand, giving them the freedom to trade Lavine for another position/draft picks.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Kammrath - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 10:13 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I see Satoranski as a poor man's Bogdanovic

I think Satoransky is the REAL DEAL. I pushed hard for him this summer. I would LOVE for the Mavs to trade for him. He is a good defender and a plus on offense.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ClutchDirk - 01-21-2020

If Chris Paul plays for a championship contender in the next three years, it will not be coming at a discount.
The Oklahoma City Thunder guard says he has no intention of opting out of the $44.2 million he's due in 2021-22 to facilitate any future trades.
“No chance. That's not happening. Nope," Paul told Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Jym - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 10:28 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: If Chris Paul plays for a championship contender in the next three years, it will not be coming at a discount.
The Oklahoma City Thunder guard says he has no intention of opting out of the $44.2 million he's due in 2021-22 to facilitate any future trades.
“No chance. That's not happening. Nope," Paul told Rohan Nadkarni of Sports Illustrated.

Smart man

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 10:19 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 10:13 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I see Satoranski as a poor man's Bogdanovic

I think Satoransky is the REAL DEAL. I pushed hard for him this summer. I would LOVE for the Mavs to trade for him. He is a good defender and a plus on offense.
Did not know that about his defense, do you think of him as just as good as Bog or is the statement of poor mans Bog correct? Just looked at their box stats breakdown. Looks like Bog and Sat both bring a few differences, but overall, I guess poor man's is not the way to describe him. Apparently the writer of the article is not all that high on Satoransky. Would love make a trade for him and I guess I need to add Sat to the other 2 on Chi that I would love to have (let's get greedy and make a trade for Sat, OPJ and WCJ all 3 the perfect upgrades to the 3 positions needing the upgrades!).

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Kammrath - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 10:40 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Did not know that about his defense, do you think of him as just as good as Bog or is the statement of poor mans Bog correct? Just looked at their box stats breakdown. Looks like Bog and Sat both bring a few differences, but overall, I guess poor man's is not the way to describe him. Apparently the writer of the article is not all that high on Satoransky. Would love make a trade for him and I guess I need to add Sat to the other 2 on Chi that I would love to have (let's get greedy and make a trade for Sat, OPJ and WCJ all 3 the perfect upgrades to the 3 positions needing the upgrades!).

I like BOTH Bog and Sat. I think they bring different things to the table, but could still fill a similar need for the Mavs of another wing.

I think Sat is probably better and will be cheaper, but Bog-Bog is good friends with Luka.

I would take either in a heart beat.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - StepBackJay - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 10:19 AM)Kammrath Wrote:

I like him a lot altho he might be redundant with Wright. I also haven't read anything to say he is on the trade block.

(01-21-2020, 11:52 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 10:40 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Did not know that about his defense, do you think of him as just as good as Bog or is the statement of poor mans Bog correct? Just looked at their box stats breakdown. Looks like Bog and Sat both bring a few differences, but overall, I guess poor man's is not the way to describe him. Apparently the writer of the article is not all that high on Satoransky. Would love make a trade for him and I guess I need to add Sat to the other 2 on Chi that I would love to have (let's get greedy and make a trade for Sat, OPJ and WCJ all 3 the perfect upgrades to the 3 positions needing the upgrades!).

I like BOTH Bog and Sat. I think they bring different things to the table, but could still fill a similar need for the Mavs of another wing.

I think Sat is probably better and will be cheaper, but Bog-Bog is good friends with Luka.

I would take either in a heart beat.

Bog is restricted so I am not sure if the Kings have to do anything they don't want to do. If they get a very good offer they will trade, otherwise I would expect them to match offers this summer or do a S&T which would also require getting something back good in return.

If Mavs wanted to try to get him he might have to be the third core guy in lieu of 2021 FA as I think he's going to get a pretty big deal right? He would be in line for starter money which might be 15-20/yr I think?

Also there is a question of where he fits in this lineup. He plays SF so would we bring DFS off the bench? What would you have to give up to get him? Are you having to give up a guy like DFS? He solves the problem of a secondary playmaker but I would argue shoring up defense is probably a higher priority.

(01-21-2020, 12:18 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I also haven't read anything to say he is on the trade block.
I read in a different article from the same source that Sat is a trade possibility in the Chi based writers opinion. Not that it has any reality to it, but he's one I'd love to have after hearing he plays good defense too.

(01-21-2020, 12:18 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Also there is a question of where he fits in this lineup. He plays SF so would we bring DFS off the bench?
listed as a SG all 3 years in the NBA. That's where we put him in place of THJ.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - JamesConway - 01-21-2020

https://twitter.com/mavsmoneyball/status/1219735010124673026?s=20

Do we post Mavs-centric news here or in the other thread?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ThunderMav - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 04:42 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/mavsmoneyball/status/1219735010124673026?s=20

Do we post Mavs-centric news here or in the other thread?

Gallo would fit size/points if you can pry him from Presti

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - vfromlmf - 01-21-2020

I'm calling it here. The Mavs will land Markkanen. 

It will take Jackson and probably Brunson, maybe the GSW pick. They might have to absorb Felicio for Lee or the TE. I just think Markkanen really fits what the Mavs want to do with Porzingis at five and it's clear the kid is a bad fit in Chicago and he will thrive in Dallas. 

https://www.mavs.com/mavericks-briefs-game-36/

(01-21-2020, 05:26 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I'm calling it here. The Mavs will land Markkanen. 

It will take Jackson and probably Brunson, maybe the GSW pick. They might have to absorb Felicio for Lee or the TE. I just think Markkanen really fits what the Mavs want to do with Porzingis at five and it's clear the kid is a bad fit in Chicago and he will thrive in Dallas. 

Is LM any good on the defensive end?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - JamesConway - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 05:26 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I'm calling it here. The Mavs will land Markkanen. 

Markkanen would be unbelievable. I'm still 1000000000% convinvced that he will be a perennial allstar.

If there's any way for us to get him.....holy smokes.

But you know what. That's a dude with size who can score. Would fit as a target if Windhorst's report is on point.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Scott41theMavs - 01-21-2020

Bog, Markannen, Satorosky... I think the Mavs need to be quite careful about going any more Euro than they are (Luka, KP, Maxi...). It might be hard to go back, based on perceptions. I say that as someone who has Bog at the top of my trade wish list.

(01-21-2020, 05:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Bog, Markannen, Satorosky... I think the Mavs need to be quite careful about going any more Euro than they are (Luka, KP, Maxi...). It might be hard to go back, based on perceptions. I say that as someone who has Bog at the top of my trade wish list.
Maybe not if you're a Euro? We could make a Euro superteam with Giannis and Bog!

Luka/Bog/Giannis/Markannen/KP

Who stops that team?

(01-21-2020, 05:38 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 05:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Bog, Markannen, Satorosky... I think the Mavs need to be quite careful about going any more Euro than they are (Luka, KP, Maxi...). It might be hard to go back, based on perceptions. I say that as someone who has Bog at the top of my trade wish list.
Maybe not if you're a Euro? We could make a Euro superteam with Giannis and Bog!

Luka/Bog/Giannis/Markannen/KP

Who stops that team?
Nobody...even with 2 of them on load management that night you still have multiple studs to carry you to victory...that team would be a cheat code...

Back to reality... Cool

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Scott41theMavs - 01-21-2020

Dougie said something in the other thread about buying low (Gordon was the reference). That's exactly the strategy the Mavs have to take, because their assets aren't worth much. Bog, RoCo, and Rose, while all being guys I would be pleased to see in a Mavs uni, are hot commodities and will probably be hard to pry away for what the Mavs have to compete for their services, and RoCo is the only guy starting for his current team of those three. If the Mavs can pick up a Gordon or a Lauri on the cheap, that would be pretty huge. Since THJ is going to start as long as he's on roster (since he plays so much better in the starting lineup anyway), someone who benches Powell or DFS is the likely target, with a guard coming in as well if we end up trading Curry, Wright, or even Brunson to get that new starter.

As I mentioned in the other trade thread, I don't buy Aaron Gordon as a buy low candidate because the East is weak and the Magic, while being disappointing, are seeded 7th right now and not likely to drop much. That's not the case if they trade Gordon for peanuts.

Actually, the more I think about it, I think the Mavs will land Iggy, since I haven't seen his name mentioned with regard to other teams much lately, and not do much else. Moreover, I'll bet Iggy, not having played and aging rapidly, won't be much use until the playoffs. He certainly won't start. We love our boys in blue! If that's the case, it makes last off-season a binary failure in spite of the silver linings of the tradeable contracts we gave to Maxi (who should only be traded for a very good starter), DFS, Seth, and Wright.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Hypermav - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 05:33 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Markkanen would be unbelievable. I'm still 1000000000% convinvced that he will be a perennial allstar.

If there's any way for us to get him.....holy smokes.
I think that would be a Knicks level of failure to let him go...but stuff happens.