MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Jym - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 06:19 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: DAL: Drummond, Rose.

DET: Wright, Brunson, Lee, 2020 GSW 2nd.

That trade leaves us with 108M guaranteed of contracts on 13 players (I'm including our 2020 1st pick, Roby and Jackson). Assuming he opts out, can we sign him in the summer? That trade would leave us only 8M under the cap having to resign only Drummond. Do we get another MLE (used on Curry last year) or BAE (used on Boban)?

We would be locked into Doncic/THJ/DFS/KP/Drummond/Rose/Curry/Jackson or 1st/Kleber/Powell. With the way they are playing, is this roster a championship caliber team?

I was curious too and did a bit of a deep dive.
The BAE is not an option since we used it this season. We very well should get the full MLE again as long as we stay under the luxury tax level.

At the moment the salary cap for next year is estimated at 116 mil with a luxury tax number of 141 mil
I haven't been able to find the situational hardcap estimate for 2020-21
For comparison this season the luxury tax was 132.6 mil with a situational hard cap of $138,928,000 so around 6 mil more.

The reason I brought that up is this
"When a club uses the bi-annual exception, acquires a player via sign-and-trade, or uses more than the taxpayer portion ($5,718,000) of the mid-level exception, that club will face a hard cap for the remainder of the league year."
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/nba-teams-with-hard-caps-for-201920.html

So in theory you'd be able to sign Drummond for 30 mil and sign an MLE guy for around 10 mil while staying right up under that hardcap of around 148 mil (my estimate)

But man I hope we don't go there. I don't see Drummond pushing us into that LA level

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - SleepingHero - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 06:19 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: DAL: Drummond, Rose.

DET: Wright, Brunson, Lee, 2020 GSW 2nd.

That trade leaves us with 108M guaranteed of contracts on 13 players (I'm including our 2020 1st pick, Roby and Jackson). Assuming he opts out, can we sign him in the summer? That trade would leave us only 8M under the cap having to resign only Drummond. Do we get another MLE (used on Curry last year) or BAE (used on Boban)?

We would be locked into Doncic/THJ/DFS/KP/Drummond/Rose/Curry/Jackson or 1st/Kleber/Powell. With the way they are playing, is this roster a championship caliber team?

I mean if the going price for Drummond is 1 expiring contract of little to no value, and 1 good thing, I don't see why the Mavs would throw in both Wright and Brunson.

To make the money work Wright+Lee is more than enough for both Rose+Drummond. Since the Mavs are offering Wright+31st pick, that's 2 good things as well. 

No reason to give up Brunson in any Drummond deal is how I see it.

I do think Luka/THJ/DFS/KP/Drummond is a contending starting lineup. Our bench gets consolidated a bit and the Mavs find another shot creator in Rose. Rose/Curry/---/Maxi/Powell is a helluva 2nd lineup. Mavs would just need to find 1 more forward, either a starter type (to move DFS to the bench, which would be extremely hard to do), or a bench guy of varying skill to play within that Rose/Curry/---/Maxi/Powell. Carlisle could even run his 3 guard lineups with Rose/Curry/Brunson. 

It'd be an interesting team on paper, but it's extremely risky and a shakeup in the middle of a season for a team thats already on pace for 50+wins.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - aguiar95 - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 07:42 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: No reason to give up Brunson in any Drummond deal is how I see it.

Mavs would just need to find 1 more forward, either a starter type (to move DFS to the bench, which would be extremely hard to do), or a bench guy of varying skill to play within that Rose/Curry/---/Maxi/Powell.

It'd be an interesting team on paper, but it's extremely risky and a shakeup in the middle of a season for a team thats already on pace for 50+wins.

Got it. But the deal is for Rose also, so I throwed JB in there to give more value to DET, since Rose seems to be very coveted by the league.

Maybe if we trade our 1st + Jackson for the starter or just keep DFS starting and draft the SF bench guy.

It's a little risky, I agree. But if all turns bad we lose half of a season, trade Wright for Rose and lose a good 2nd (we had a decent 2nd this year and did almost nothing with it). I might be blind or something, but I feel Drummond checks a lot of boxes we want (Durability, Youth, DRB%, Blocks, Steals). His USG% would fall off a cliff here, so his TO% doesn't seem to hurt that much. Rose would add scoring but less defense. Could close for us in clutch moments.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ClutchDirk - 01-17-2020

https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/1218190851404333068

article by Marc Berman

Quote:"[b]According to an NBA source, the Knicks have no interest in a trade despite a report the Pistons approached them about a deal[/b] — and it makes absolutely no sense to give up pawns for Drummond if he’s opting out. But it will also make no sense if the Knicks don’t go after Drummond this July, even if they possess a young 7-foot-1 center they think can develop into something special."

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 10:38 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/1218190851404333068

article by Marc Berman

Quote:"[b]According to an NBA source, the Knicks have no interest in a trade despite a report the Pistons approached them about a deal[/b] — and it makes absolutely no sense to give up pawns for Drummond if he’s opting out. But it will also make no sense if the Knicks don’t go after Drummond this July, even if they possess a young 7-foot-1 center they think can develop into something special."
Min better be careful before too many teams drop out of the RoCo wars.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Scott41theMavs - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 10:54 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: "According to an NBA source, the Knicks have no interest in a trade despite a report the Pistons approached them about a deal — and it makes absolutely no sense to give up pawns for Drummond if he’s opting out. But it will also make no sense if the Knicks don’t go after Drummond this July, even if they possess a young 7-foot-1 center they think can develop into something special."

Increases our opportunity (gloat gloat).

I have to admit that reports like this make me greedy. If the Mavs found a way to secure both Bog and RoCo for the measly trade assets they have by the deadline, I would more than forgive the offseason.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Tyler - 01-17-2020

"Source: Rockets no longer interested in Timberwolves F Robert Covington"

Morey: Hey girl, wanna go to dinner?

Girl: No thanks.  You're not my type.

Morey: Whatever.  I'm not really interested in you anyway.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - StepBackJay - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 12:09 PM)Tyler Wrote: "Source: Rockets no longer interested in Timberwolves F Robert Covington"

Morey: Hey girl, wanna go to dinner?

Girl: No thanks.  You're not my type.

Morey: Whatever.  I'm not really interested in you anyway.

Rox are connected to all these trades but they don't really have any tradable assets so it doesn't make sense. And yet we get all these click-bait headlines that say they are in on every trade.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-17-2020

Yea...if you think our cupboard is bare, the Rockets are homeless.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - SkenfromLMF - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 12:49 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Rox are connected to all these trades but they don't really have any tradable assets so it doesn't make sense. And yet we get all these click-bait headlines that say they are in on every trade.

Well yeah... Click bait to say they are in the running!

Another article to say they are out... you know after someone tells them they don't want their leftover junk!

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ClutchDirk - 01-17-2020

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1218221695976247301

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1218178691882242048

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - cow - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 10:54 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 10:38 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/1218190851404333068

article by Marc Berman

Houston's cupboard is bare.

You could talk me into Drummon on the cheap.  Half a year rental to see how he fits and if he improves the team.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 01:40 PM)cow Wrote:

article by Marc Berman

You could talk me into Drummon on the cheap.  Half a year rental to see how he fits and if he improves the team.

Cheap is all relative. I myself would give them slightly more than what I think cheap is to see if an all star can be a piece that would fit. 

The Washington Wizards' loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night reportedly left shooting guard Bradley Beal the most frustrated he's been during his eight-year tenure with the organization. 

David Aldridge of The Athletic reported Friday that Beal's disappointment is "really real," adding the two-time All-Star is "as angry with and emotional about his team as he's ever been."

(01-17-2020, 01:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 01:40 PM)cow Wrote:

article by Marc Berman

Cheap is all relative. I myself would give them slightly more than what I think cheap is to see if an all star can be a piece that would fit. 

Cheap as in:  Not Maxi, Not DFS
On the Fence:  GSW 2nd.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ThunderMav - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 02:12 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Washington Wizards' loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night reportedly left shooting guard Bradley Beal the most frustrated he's been during his eight-year tenure with the organization. 

David Aldridge of The Athletic reported Friday that Beal's disappointment is "really real," adding the two-time All-Star is "as angry with and emotional about his team as he's ever been."

Scotty Brooks still living off of Sam Presti great drafting several years ago.  Avg to good coach who stalls out fast.  OKC waited at least 1 year too long to fire him.  When will he get canned by Wash?

(01-17-2020, 02:33 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 02:12 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Washington Wizards' loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night reportedly left shooting guard Bradley Beal the most frustrated he's been during his eight-year tenure with the organization. 

Scotty Brooks still living off of Sam Presti great drafting several years ago.  Avg to good coach who stalls out fast.  OKC waited at least 1 year too long to fire him.  When will he get canned by Wash?

How long is his contract?  If I'm ownership, I don't make a move until his contract is up and/or the Beal/Wall situation is behind the team as that would waste money.  Wall is going to prevent you from being a contender so you might as well let Scottie be the tank commander.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ThunderMav - 01-17-2020

^^^

Strange timing I just did a Duckduckgo search and found this dated “today”:

Wizards lock up coach Scott Brooks on 5-year deal | NBC Sports Washington

By [color=var(--body-font-color)]Chase Hughes [color=var(--body-font-color)]January 17, 2020 10:55 AM[/color]
January 17, 2020 6:00 AM
[/color]

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-wizards/wizards-lock-coach-scott-brooks-5-year-deal

EDIT:  I think that site uses search date for article date and the contract was done in 2016.  So it would run out in summer 2021.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1218249820734779393

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Mavs2019 - 01-17-2020

Given how far into the future their draft picks are, they´d basically have to trade Winslow + two unprotected future 1sts. No other way they get rid of Waiters + Meyers-Leonard or Olynyk. I just don´t see it, but then it´s Par Riley.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-17-2020

They could dangle Herro, Nunn, Winslow, etc depending on who is coming back.

I think Adebayo is close to untouchable now.