MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 03:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm glad Dallas inquired, but given the post above yours, if the Wolves want D'Angelo, then kiss RoCo goodbye.
It takes 2 to tango. All reports are that GSW aren't all that interested in trading Russell right now. Can't see RoCo as the centerpiece to changing their mind on that. He's good, and I really, really want him, but he's not THAT good.

There was also talk of Aaron Holiday to Min. Not familiar with his game, but seems he wouldn't be far off the talent of JB or DW.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Scott41theMavs - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 03:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm glad Dallas inquired, but given the post above yours, if the Wolves want D'Angelo, then kiss RoCo goodbye.
It takes 2 to tango. All reports are that GSW aren't all that interested in trading Russell right now. Can't see RoCo as the centerpiece to changing their mind on that. He's good, and I really, really want him, but he's not THAT good.

There was also talk of Aaron Holiday to Min. Not familiar with his game, but seems he wouldn't be far off the talent of JB or DW.

I say kiss RoCo goodbye if the Wolves are determined to get D'Angelo, because if they're that determined to get him, then if GSW won't trade him at the TDL, then the Wolves will hang on to RoCo as their centerpiece of an offer this summer. I think the only way Minnie trades RoCo to anyone other than the Warriors is if they feel as though they're receiving compensation that will be even more likely to sway GSW than RoCo would.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 04:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

I say kiss RoCo goodbye if the Wolves are determined to get D'Angelo, because if they're that determined to get him, then if GSW won't trade him at the TDL, then the Wolves will hang on to RoCo as their centerpiece of an offer this summer. I think the only way Minnie trades RoCo to anyone other than the Warriors is if they feel as though they're receiving compensation that will be even more likely to sway GSW than RoCo would.
Not a bad point, certainly a worthy thought process. Just wonder how desperate for a PG they are now that Teague is gone. I guess DAR is worth the wait if they actually think they can get him in the offseason.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Tyler - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I say kiss RoCo goodbye if the Wolves are determined to get D'Angelo, because if they're that determined to get him, then if GSW won't trade him at the TDL, then the Wolves will hang on to RoCo as their centerpiece of an offer this summer.

One way to acquire D'Angelo is to match salary, and RoCo would be very useful for that.  But if GS isn't as keen on RoCo as people assume, another way is for Minnesota to clear enough cap space this summer that they can offer picks and cheaper players for D'Angelo.  Building on JamesConway's idea, Dallas could deal Lee, Brunson, and Jackson for Dieng and take RoCo into the exception for the GS 2nd rounder.  That would give Minnesota a young PG, a Covington replacement, and about $22mm more in cap space this summer.  Even if spent on trades rather than free agents, that could buy a lot of cap flexibility.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (New Drummond trade updates page 25) - burekemde - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 03:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 11:25 AM)burekemde Wrote: Bogdanovic can really shoot. No doubt about it. He would be great addition, but getting a two way player would be even better

Bog is statistically better as a defender than an offender. He is top ten for SGs in DRPM with +1.69. His raw on/off defensive number is +2.8 and he was a positive last season as well.

This sounds great, we should try get him! Is there any potential for making this team below? In trading Powell, Curry, Brunson and THJ and picks,

PG: Luka
SG: Bogdanovic
SF: Covington
PF: Porzingis
C: Kleber

All 5 can shoot and great at that.
4 play excellent Defense (the last one can be great when he has stamina for it). 3 of the starters have all defensive team potential. 2 provide elite rim protection.
Two in that lineup can create and be playmakers so Luka is not alone in that sense any longer. Try doubling Luka and him letting the ball to Bogdanovic to create as playmaker. No that aint gonna happen for long. And Kleber and KP and RoCo sitting outside shooting.

This would surely bring the championship to Dallas. What do you think? This season?

The bench would be JJB (PG), Wright (SG), Jackson (SF), DFS (PF) Boban ©. Maybe some of the younger players involved. Bench would take some hit but honestly they have been pretty bad lately. Id rather build the best starting lineup in NBA and give the veterans JJB and Bobi more time and youngsters.

(01-16-2020, 04:38 PM)Tyler Wrote: Building on JamesConway's idea, Dallas could deal Lee, Brunson, and Jackson for Dieng and take RoCo into the exception for the GS 2nd rounder.
I feel like this exact trade might have been said a few posts up. I wonder who that smart guy is?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Jym - 01-16-2020

If we manage to get Bogdanovic then a swap of THJ for Porter Jr on the Bulls might make some sense 

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Tyler - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I feel like this exact trade might have been said a few posts up. I wonder who that smart guy is?

I guess that's the danger of posting without reading up first.  At least great minds think alike.  Smile

(01-16-2020, 02:23 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: ^^^  they were saying Atlanta...
Doh! After the Teague trade, not sure what they would do with CP3.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - DanSchwartzgan - 01-17-2020

(01-16-2020, 04:38 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 04:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I say kiss RoCo goodbye if the Wolves are determined to get D'Angelo, because if they're that determined to get him, then if GSW won't trade him at the TDL, then the Wolves will hang on to RoCo as their centerpiece of an offer this summer.

One way to acquire D'Angelo is to match salary, and RoCo would be very useful for that.  But if GS isn't as keen on RoCo as people assume, another way is for Minnesota to clear enough cap space this summer that they can offer picks and cheaper players for D'Angelo.  Building on JamesConway's idea, Dallas could deal Lee, Brunson, and Jackson for Dieng and take RoCo into the exception for the GS 2nd rounder.  That would give Minnesota a young PG, a Covington replacement, and about $22mm more in cap space this summer.  Even if spent on trades rather than free agents, that could buy a lot of cap flexibility.

How about a 3-way.  The basics are below.  Someone else can fill in what picks are needed and who else might need to be added.

Dallas gets RoCo and Dieng and sends out Lee and Wright
GSW gets Wright (plays the old Livingston role) and Culver
Minnesota gets Russell and Lee and sends out Culver, RoCo and Dieng.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Aussiebballer - 01-17-2020

Interesting trade option.
But I think GSW would rather just have Covington.
Covington, Klay and Draymond would be awesome on defence

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - DanSchwartzgan - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 02:00 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Interesting trade option.

That very well may be true, but with Teague now gone, constructing a legal trade that gets Russell to Minnesota and Covington to GS isn’t easy.  What if GS doesn’t want Dieng and doesn’t want to pay LT.

Dieng now has to be part of the outgoing, so they probably need a third team to take Dieng in any Russell deal before the TDL.  The team that takes Dieng is going to have to be compensated.  If there isn’t a good current path to Covington, Wright and Culver aren’t that shabby for GS.  Of course, if GS really wants Covington, I’ll be happy to take Dieng and Culver.  I think he has more upside than Wright and moving Wright as part of a Dieng deal sets us up even better for 2021 cap room.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (New Drummond trade updates page 25) - SleepingHero - 01-17-2020

(01-16-2020, 02:49 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1217895386188275712?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1217896030945075201?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1217895966520430592?s=20

If the asking price for Drummond is really Chandler Parsons+fringe rotation guy+1st rounder,

then I'm 1000000% sure a package of Lee+Wright+2nd rounder is a more than competitive offer.

(01-16-2020, 12:44 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/status/1217857024911904769?s=20

I will literally flip a desk from pure jubilee if the Mavs somehow find a way to get RoCo without touching DFS/Curry/Kleber/Wright as an asset. 

Jackson+Lee+GSW 2nd ---> The best possible scenario for me and I'll probably faint

Brunson+Lee+GSW 2nd ---> Almost as good. Sucks to see Brunson go but RoCo is hopefully more than worth it.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 05:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 02:49 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1217895386188275712?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1217896030945075201?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1217895966520430592?s=20

If the asking price for Drummond is really Chandler Parsons+fringe rotation guy+1st rounder,

then I'm 1000000% sure a package of Lee+Wright+2nd rounder is a more than competitive offer.
That’s pretty sure! But wouldn’t Det be the team that said no to the offer from Atl? In that case, how much more are they wanting to make the trade?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - SleepingHero - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 01:06 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: How about a 3-way.  The basics are below.  Someone else can fill in what picks are needed and who else might need to be added.

Dallas gets RoCo and Dieng and sends out Lee and Wright
GSW gets Wright (plays the old Livingston role) and Culver
Minnesota gets Russell and Lee and sends out Culver, RoCo and Dieng.

This is a seriously interesting avenue, but I'm hung up on the fact that if the Warriors are trading Russell, I'm sure they'd want RoCo. Versatile defender, can hit 3's, contract reasonable. He plays the new Iggy role on a smaller salary. Just fits too many cogs for them to pass up imo. 

I guess the debate becomes for GSW is does Wright fill what RoCo does and bring more? Wright does play stellar defense. Definitely a great thought provoking discussion.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - ItsGoTime - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 03:13 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

That very well may be true, but with Teague now gone, constructing a legal trade that gets Russell to Minnesota and Covington to GS isn’t easy.  What if GS doesn’t want Dieng and doesn’t want to pay LT.

Dieng now has to be part of the outgoing, so they probably need a third team to take Dieng in any Russell deal before the TDL.  The team that takes Dieng is going to have to be compensated.  If there isn’t a good current path to Covington, Wright and Culver aren’t that shabby for GS.  Of course, if GS really wants Covington, I’ll be happy to take Dieng and Culver.  I think he has more upside than Wright and moving Wright as part of a Dieng deal sets us up even better for 2021 cap room.
Not sure that if you remove Russell that Min is willing to keep the replacement for RoCo and reason he’s available, in the trade, if they’re willing to let him go at all.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - SleepingHero - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 05:24 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: That’s pretty sure! But wouldn’t Det be the team that said no to the offer from Atl? In that case, how much more are they wanting to make the trade?

From previous reports it seems the hangup was on ATL's side. They were refusing to give up a first round pick in any Drummond deal, and understandably so. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-hawks-could-already-traded-214558928.html

In ANY case, I think DET is just trying to get any value out of Drummond. I don't think they're prepared to pay him anything in the summer and are just giving him away for something tangible, whether it be a first round pick or a valued player. I think 3 years of Wright is exactly what they'd like.

Mavs would definitely ask for Rose in return. It'd be a shakeup to this team for sure, and quite risky but coming up with trade proposals are always the funnest part of the season.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - Jym - 01-17-2020

Seems so foolish for the Hawks to give up major value for an unrestricted guy.
They only have 33 mil in committed salary next year with their top guy at 7.4 mil.

Browsing around on Basketball Reference and the contract that stuck out to me the most was Tobias Harris making $41 million in a few years.   
Only Klay Thompson and Damien Lillard have more guaranteed money

He's the guy I wanted the most this summer, but that's just ridiculous.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors | MIN "intensifying pursuit" of DAngelo - aguiar95 - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 05:32 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: In ANY case, I think DET is just trying to get any value out of Drummond. I don't think they're prepared to pay him anything in the summer and are just giving him away for something tangible, whether it be a first round pick or a valued player. I think 3 years of Wright is exactly what they'd like.

Mavs would definitely ask for Rose in return. It'd be a shakeup to this team for sure, and quite risky but coming up with trade proposals are always the funnest part of the season.

DAL: Drummond, Rose.

DET: Wright, Brunson, Lee, 2020 GSW 2nd.

That trade leaves us with 108M guaranteed of contracts on 13 players (I'm including our 2020 1st pick, Roby and Jackson). Assuming he opts out, can we sign him in the summer? That trade would leave us only 8M under the cap having to resign only Drummond. Do we get another MLE (used on Curry last year) or BAE (used on Boban)?

We would be locked into Doncic/THJ/DFS/KP/Drummond/Rose/Curry/Jackson or 1st/Kleber/Powell. With the way they are playing, is this roster a championship caliber team?

(01-17-2020, 05:28 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 03:13 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

Not sure that if you remove Russell that Min is willing to keep the replacement for RoCo and reason he’s available, in the trade, if they’re willing to let him go at all.

?  Russell wasn’t removed in this discussion.  He’s the reason there is a discussion.  Go back and re-read the original 3-way.  All that happened was Culver coming here and RoCo going to GS to accommodate Aussie.

So, Dallas sends Lee/Wright and gets Dieng/Culver
Minnesota sends Dieng/RoCo/Culver and gets Russell/Lee
GS sends Russell and gets Covington/Wright (actually they can get Covington only or Covington and any Mav player making Wright money).