MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - ItsGoTime - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 02:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 01:08 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Then it would be really easy to trade Curry.

I know we're trying to conjure up ideas to consolidate assets, but I'm a hard no on trading either Wright or Curry. 

Firstly, Curry is statistically the one of the most efficient 3pt shooters in franchise history. The only players that come close are Hubert Davis, and Jose Calderon, both of which aren't even close to Curry's 3pt totals. I don't get why we're so eager to trade away one of the most lethal 3pt shooters in the league, especially considering that we've been dying for a consistent 3pt shooter for years now. 

Curry is exactly what we want from a bench piece. Furthermore, he works extremely well with Wright. Both of them bring stability to our bench rotation and consistency, and their production is one of the main reasons why the Mavs bench is rated so high. 

Now if the Mavs want to trade Curry away for a star? Sure I'm all for it. Sign me up. But trading away Curry for another bench piece would be a lateral move at best, and a major setback at worst.
If we got Snell for the peanuts I proposed, his defense is better than Curry's and his offense isn't all that far off of his either. The two would be redundant on our bench just like JB and DW are. 

Snell is shooting the same amount of 3PA as Curry is this year and shooting 2% better than him. Not saying either % would stay where it is, but even if both of theirs reverts back to their career % then 38.7 is still a great number, while also adding great defense that Curry doesn't have.

With that great defense, and the redundancy of JB and DW (including DW's newly discovered want to start and run a team), DW is a really good value to a team wanting a starting PG. Trade DW and Curry together and I think you can get a better than average starter out of that value.

I just go where I think the logic of improving our team leads me. Does DW and Curry move the needle on a trade for Harris on the Sixers? Probably not (I know Omahen doesn't think so), but they are sorely missing Reddick's outside shooting. How close is that in value and is there enough that we ourselves have to make it happen? Can we add a 3rd team to add that value? Looking it over, Harris is pretty sorely overpaid, so a THJ and Curry trade for Harris and Zhaire might move the needle for them. 

You can then use DW and JJ (with draft considerations) to go get RoCo. The rotation then looks like this:

Luka/JB
DFS/Snell
RoCo/DFS and Harris
Harris/Maxi
KP/Powell

That's a 9 man rotation but when Zhaire is up to speed and ready to play, he becomes the backup to DFS and Snell moves to backup RoCo to fill out the 10 man. Stifling defense with scoring all over. It's Fif's vision of where he wanted the team to be. The bench is still amazing, if not best in league. As any one of the wings start to dip over time and Zhaire proves he can handle it, he replaces that wing.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - omahen - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 03:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Does DW and Curry move the needle on a trade for Harris on the Sixers? Probably not (I know Omahen doesn't think so

Since I have been called out.

I actually think, Tobias is way overpaid. Do we really want that contract? But I don't think Sixers will do anything drastic before season end. I would try to sell them The Accountant, though Smile

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - ClutchDirk - 01-06-2020

Sam Amick of The Athletic reported the Kings are "unlikely" to be interested in a straight up deal involving Bojan Bogdanovic, noting Sacramento values his versatility and are comfortable with him being set to enter restricted free agency.

Jason Jones of The Athletic added the Kings would have to be "blown away by an offer" to trade Bogdanovic and aren't shopping him.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1214286223696486400

Quote:(Love) absolutely, totally wants to get out of there,” said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. “It has driven him various levels of crazy to be there this season, but there’s not that much traction for a trade as far I can tell... That is a bit of a mess to say the least.”
“I think there’s teams that would do it,” said Windhorst. “One of the things that’s been remarkable to me as I’ve talked to some people around the league about Kevin in the last 48-72 hours is there’s a lot of people who really, really value him and really like him, but the problem is because of the contract, it’s a difficult to come up with a trade for. Because the Cavs are viewing trading an All-Star level player. The other teams are saying ‘Yeah, he’s a good player but we’re taking on this money.’ They think they’re bailing the Cavs out.”
Source His Podcast
As for the two players they just waived
They both were set to garuntee their contracts tomorrow.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - ItsGoTime - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 04:04 PM)omahen Wrote: Do we really want that contract?
That's a question for Cuban only. The player on this team would offset the need to get a big body IMO, cause his offense and defense is pretty dang good.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - StepBackJay - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 04:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 04:04 PM)omahen Wrote: Do we really want that contract?
That's a question for Cuban only. The player on this team would offset the need to get a big body IMO, cause his offense and defense is pretty dang good.

Not sure I am reading this right, are we saying Tobias Harris is a good defender? I don't think he's a good defender or a good fit on this team really.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - IamDougieFresh - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 04:14 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Sam Amick of The Athletic reported the Kings are "unlikely" to be interested in a straight up deal involving Bojan Bogdanovic, noting Sacramento values his versatility and are comfortable with him being set to enter restricted free agency.

Jason Jones of The Athletic added the Kings would have to be "blown away by an offer" to trade Bogdanovic and aren't shopping him.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1214286223696486400

Quote:(Love) absolutely, totally wants to get out of there,” said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. “It has driven him various levels of crazy to be there this season, but there’s not that much traction for a trade as far I can tell... That is a bit of a mess to say the least.”
“I think there’s teams that would do it,” said Windhorst. “One of the things that’s been remarkable to me as I’ve talked to some people around the league about Kevin in the last 48-72 hours is there’s a lot of people who really, really value him and really like him, but the problem is because of the contract, it’s a difficult to come up with a trade for. Because the Cavs are viewing trading an All-Star level player. The other teams are saying ‘Yeah, he’s a good player but we’re taking on this money.’ They think they’re bailing the Cavs out.”
Source His Podcast
As for the two players they just waived
They both were set to garuntee their contracts tomorrow.

WE ARE NOT TRADING BOOGIE... a few days later...

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - ClutchDirk - 01-06-2020

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/1214305717445742592

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1214288677754433536

Drummond is only worth the risk, even on a big salary, for a team that is close to title contention with enough on-ball talent already in place. Dallas, also mentioned among Drummond’s suitors, makes some sense on paper: Kristaps Porzingis is on a max deal, so cap space will be tight down the line anyway, and the salary they can use to match Drummond’s $27.1 million for this season (Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway Jr.) is all expendable. The problem is the fit: Dallas has the league’s best offensive efficiency in large part because the paint is wonderfully unclogged. Putting Drummond and his defender in Luka Doncic’s driving lanes and asking coach of the year candidate Rick Carlisle to deal with a new center who has motor issues—and, by the way, who is accustomed to getting 17 percent of his offense from the same post-ups Carlisle just railed against—is how you get a cranky prodigy and a cranky coach.

http://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/6/21051253/andre-drummond-nba-trade-deadline-hawks-raptors-celtics

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - cow - 01-06-2020

Bogdan to the Lakers would make me a sad puppy.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - Aussiebballer - 01-06-2020

The Lakers getting Bogdan's bird rights would be an amazing trade for them.
Similar role to Danny Green but more shooting is always good.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-06-2020

I have no idea why Kyle Kuzma is a thing other than he plays for the Lakers.  Dude sucks.  I know Laker fans that really thought he was better than Ingram.  like wut

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - Tyler - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 05:33 PM)cow Wrote: Bogdan to the Lakers would make me a sad puppy.

I'm not really worried about that.  This whole one-sided "rumor" is just like all of the pro-Laker leaks leading up to the trade deadline last year with AD.  I have no doubt that they would love to have Bogdan, but this is a very different situation and I don't see it happening the way they want.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - Tyler - 01-06-2020

Speaking of Bogdan....

https://twitter.com/LukaDoncicNews/status/1214286412104765440

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - Kammrath - 01-06-2020

(01-06-2020, 11:38 PM)Tyler Wrote: Speaking of Bogdan....

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - cow - 01-07-2020

Luka taking notes from Lebron on how to tamper properly.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - ClutchDirk - 01-07-2020

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1214530759798775808

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1214530364129107968

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - DanSchwartzgan - 01-07-2020

(01-06-2020, 11:38 PM)Tyler Wrote: Speaking of Bogdan....

This feels more like a S&T (like Curry) in the summer than it does a  TDL deal (if it happens at all).  

Dallas can operate under or over the cap this summer.  They will have less than the MLE in space, so the assumption is that they will operate over the cap.  But, cap space combined with a player (and our #1 pick from the just complete draft) would look better to Sacramento than losing BB to Atlanta or overpaying to match.

Of course, taking on salary that lasts more than this season at the TDL impacts this.  I still say there is a chance Hardaway opts out and signs a new deal starting for fewer dollars (giving up a few million in 20/21 for the security of a longer term deal).  That could also create some more room depending on what we do between now and 2/6.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - ClutchDirk - 01-07-2020

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1214412449702699010

Article

The Los Angeles Lakers may reportedly try to build a blockbuster offer surrounding forward Kyle Kuzma in an effort to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves forward Robert Covington ahead of the Feb. 6 NBA trade deadline.

ESPN's Bobby Marks reported Tuesday the Lakers could package Kuzma, Quinn Cook and the injured DeMarcus Cousins as part of its proposal for Covington, but it's unclear whether that would be enough for Minnesota, which will try to generate a "bidding war" in the coming weeks. 

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - vfromlmf - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 10:37 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Article

The Los Angeles Lakers may reportedly try to build a blockbuster offer surrounding forward Kyle Kuzma in an effort to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves forward Robert Covington ahead of the Feb. 6 NBA trade deadline.

ESPN's Bobby Marks reported Tuesday the Lakers could package Kuzma, Quinn Cook and the injured DeMarcus Cousins as part of its proposal for Covington, but it's unclear whether that would be enough for Minnesota, which will try to generate a "bidding war" in the coming weeks. 

Marks: I believe what L.A. has to offer would fall short of the demands from the Timberwolves (or for a player such as Bogdanovich from the Kings).

Lakers are looking for a big point guard who can switch and shoot. Sounds like a Delon Wright type though I'm sure they'd prefer a more consistent shooter. 

Wonder what a Brunson <--> Kuzma swap would do for both teams. 

In fact, just for fun ... 

Brunson + Jackson --> LAL
Kuzma + Cousins --> DAL 

Hmm...

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Pistons discussing Drummond trade with Mavs, ATL, and others) - omahen - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 11:00 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Marks: I believe what L.A. has to offer would fall short of the demands from the Timberwolves (or for a player such as Bogdanovich from the Kings).

It never hurts trying. I guess it all depends on how much other teams will offer and how much Minny or Sac like Kuzma.

I wonder if a package of Brunson, JJ and a couple of second rounders outweight LAL offer for Minny or Sac. What we can offer is also to take back some bad contracts, either Dedmon or Joseph from Sac or Dieng from Minny. All of them could actually be usefull for us. Although it might be that Minny started to think Dieng is a good player after his performances with KAT out.