MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - SleepingHero - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 03:06 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: http://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1213188703897567234

Now that was one of the few teams I thought of who would realistically make a trade for Drummond.

He'd theoretically be a great fit with Trae, but that ATL team is shallow in terms of production besides him and Collins.

I'd expect the Pistons want at least 2 young players and picks.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - TXBamanut - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 03:01 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 02:48 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:48 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: because even as bad as Powell is, he will take one in rhythm and has proven he can hit a few now and then.
Most anyone in the NBA can hit 26% of their 3's.

Apparently Drummond isn't "most anyone"...he's shooting 11% career on 3s.  So there's that.
Doubt Drummond is working on his 3's like Powell has the past 4 years.

That's a pretty weak point to make, don't you think, Go?  That's kind of the "give up" of all points, right there. 

Don't blame you, even as hard headed as I am, I could not defend Andre Drummond's 3 point shooting.  Wink Smile

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - vfromlmf - 01-03-2020

I'm not surprised Drummond surfaces in trade rumors after last night's effort. Anyone who watched would be calling wanting to know what's up. 

Drummond gave the kind of effort that says "I want to be traded and if you play me, I'm not going to help you win."

One thing to watch out for....

https://twitter.com/AndreDrummond/status/1205356268879171584

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - ItsGoTime - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 03:53 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:48 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: because even as bad as Powell is, he will take one in rhythm and has proven he can hit a few now and then.
Most anyone in the NBA can hit 26% of their 3's.

Apparently Drummond isn't "most anyone"...he's shooting 11% career on 3s.  So there's that.

That's a pretty weak point to make, don't you think, Go?  That's kind of the "give up" of all points, right there. 

Don't blame you, even as hard headed as I am, I could not defend Andre Drummond's 3 point shooting.  Wink Smile
Oh, I was defending Drummond's 3 point shooting? I thought I was shooting down your point about "and has proven he can hit a few now and then". Which is what I quoted and responded to. If you think just because Powell will take the shot that makes him better than Drummond and draws more attention than him, I have some news for you. Nobody is closing out on either or paying attention of Powell or Drummond when they are out on the 3 point line. 

Also, Drummond is a career .1 3 per game shooter, sounds like a few buzzer beaters here and there to me. I wonder if given the same 4 years to develop a 3 point shot if Drummond would be better or worse than DP is currently. I'd venture to guess he doesn't do much practicing on them at all to this point. Seems like the weak point is not coming from my direction.  Tongue

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - JamesConway - 01-03-2020

https://twitter.com/vincegoodwill/status/1213210067497041921?s=21

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - bin610 - 01-03-2020

If it means getting rid of Dwight Powell, I'm all for a Drummond trade.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - BigDirk41 - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 04:43 PM)bin610 Wrote: If it means getting rid of Dwight Powell, I'm all for a Drummond trade.
Would Powell, Brunson, Lee and GSW #2 for Drumming and filler get it done? The numbers may need to be adjusted but seems like a good starting point. I'm not positive I want him, but that seems like a fair deal both ways.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - JamesConway - 01-03-2020

In terms of salary matching we really don’t have to give up much to make the numbers work.

For instance:

Lee + Powell
Lee + Wright
Lee + Seth + Broekhoff

would all be doable. That’s basically one rotation guy added to Lee/Bro who both don’t play regularly.

We could also utilize the TE to absorb more salary (Galloway) to bolster out a trade offer in addition to e.g. the GS pick.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - omahen - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 04:34 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/vincegoodwill/status/1213210067497041921?s=21
¸
Boston would have a hard time making the contracts work. The trade would include either Smart or Hayward. Other than that they have plenty of young guys and picks. 

Toronto would most likely offer Gasol. They also have plenty of youngsters and picks. 

Dallas probably has the worst package to offer unless Detroit really likes THJ. Our young guys are not that attractive (low ceiling) and we don't really have picks.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - Scott41theMavs - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 04:34 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/vincegoodwill/status/1213210067497041921?s=21

I need the old blue shaking head emoticon for this.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - omahen - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 04:49 PM)JamesConway Wrote: In terms of salary matching we really don’t have to give up much to make the numbers work.

For instance:

Lee + Powell
Lee + Wright
Lee + Seth + Broekhoff

would all be doable. That’s basically one rotation guy added to Lee/Bro who both don’t play regularly.

We could also utilize the TE to absorb more salary (Galloway) to bolster out a trade offer in addition to e.g. the GS pick.

Salary matching is not a problem. You have to add at least one young guy. This already makes a problem, as Detroit needs to cut 2 of their own players (or send them elsewhere). If they give us Snell in our TE, they still need to cut at least one guy. It would be much easier if the trade would include THJ:

THJ+JJ+Brunson+picks for Drummond and Snell

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - vfromlmf - 01-03-2020

Powell played 23 ineffective minutes as a roll-man & banger last night. His trade restriction expires January 6.

Brunson is mysteriously out of the rotation & Carlisle lumped him with Boban in the post-game as "depth players"

Lee + Powell + Brunson works financially. Is the GSW #2 enough draft compensation?

ATL is offering expirings + Nets #1 

If I'm Detroit I prefer the Mavs package which includes a starting PG, serviceable C and a pick that could be only 15 or so picks later than the Nets #1

Mavs obviously have ties to Dwane Casey

(01-03-2020, 04:57 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 04:49 PM)JamesConway Wrote: In terms of salary matching we really don’t have to give up much to make the numbers work.

For instance:

Lee + Powell
Lee + Wright
Lee + Seth + Broekhoff

Salary matching is not a problem. You have to add at least one young guy. This already makes a problem, as Detroit needs to cut 2 of their own players (or send them elsewhere). If they give us Snell in our TE, they still need to cut at least one guy. It would be much easier if the trade would include THJ:

THJ+JJ+Brunson+picks for Drummond and Snell
I agree in terms of value being needed. But matching-wise we are in a decent spot. Adding Drummond could make Powell (and/or Boban) redundant in our frontcourt and we are almost too deep at PG/SG anyway. Barea rarely ever plays yet it still feels like one or more of Brunson/Wright/Curry are being underutilized.
Imo we are in a good spot to consolidate our rotation to an extent.

(01-03-2020, 05:00 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: If I'm Detroit I prefer the Mavs package which includes a starting PG, serviceable C and a pick that's could be only 15 or so picks later than the Nets #1

You are selling Brunson, who is number 4 PG in Dallas, as a starter to Detroit?

If Atlanta is only offering 1 first rounder, than Brunson and GSW 2nd are the same value. Only problem is, Detroit would need to cut two additional players to make it happen.

(01-03-2020, 05:05 PM)omahen Wrote: You are selling Brunson, who is number 4 PG in Dallas, as a starter to Detroit?

Yes, Brunson would absolutely 100% be the starting point guard in Detroit. Easily.  Is Brunson a starting PG on a championship team?  No, but he's certainly proven himself to be a high character, young, NBA rotation player for probably the next decade. He's also on a rookie deal. 

Brunson knows how to play and would stabilize the PG situation in Detroit while they rebuild with more salary flexibility.

Calling Brunson the No 4 PG in Dallas is not really fair. You know Doncic will get 34-36 minutes at point and the Mavs have plenty of other guys who can run the team when Doncic sits, including JJ Barea who I've said all year will get more time as the season goes on. Brunson is a luxury in Dallas.

The problem with Drummond, other than questionable fit and chemistry issues, that I have is - does he consideres himself as a max guy? Because he is not worth it imho. That 26 per is just about right money for a player of his abilities. So, if he wants max in the summer, than I wouldn't want him.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - TXBamanut - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 04:22 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:53 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Most anyone in the NBA can hit 26% of their 3's.

Oh, I was defending Drummond's 3 point shooting? I thought I was shooting down your point about "and has proven he can hit a few now and then". Which is what I quoted and responded to. If you think just because Powell will take the shot that makes him better than Drummond and draws more attention than him, I have some news for you. Nobody is closing out on either or paying attention of Powell or Drummond when they are out on the 3 point line. 

Also, Drummond is a career .1 3 per game shooter, sounds like a few buzzer beaters here and there to me. I wonder if given the same 4 years to develop a 3 point shot if Drummond would be better or worse than DP is currently. I'd venture to guess he doesn't do much practicing on them at all to this point. Seems like the weak point is not coming from my direction.  Tongue

Actually, your opinion was that "most" ANYONE in the NBA can hit 26% of their 3 pointers to support Drummond over Powell, implying that Drummond can shoot threes as good as Dwight Powell.

I showed you the fact that Drummond is shooting 11-12% from 3 for his career.

That was pretty much the only point I addressed there, and the weak "opinion" was yours....now you just trying to distract from the fact.

I'll add an opinion, that's based in fact, though.  I sincerely doubt if you take a guy who shot ONLY TWO 3 pointers in college, and has shot ONLY 86 3 pointers total in college and pros, and is currently 0-18 on this season...there's probably a good reason he hasn't worked on it before now.

This Season
Drummond  0-18
Powell         9-34
Both dreadful, but Drummond is below Simmons level and probably is like Boban...and Boban is a better 3 point shooter.

(01-03-2020, 05:22 PM)omahen Wrote: The problem with Drummond, other than questionable fit and chemistry issues

I wouldn't want the player I saw last night, that's for sure. But there are rumors he was taking Pepto on the bench and today he's out with a belly ache. So maybe he was just sick.

The owner in Detroit says great things about Drummond, FWIW. 

On the money, I said earlier I'd be surprised if the Mavs spent that much on a big but it's really a sunk cost at this point. The Mavs are paying Lee & JJB to warm the bench, so if a deal turns out to be Powell + Lee + Brunson the Mavs are really upgrading two positions. Drummond is an upgrade over Powell and JJ Barea is an upgrade over Brunson (assuming Brunson would only get limited backup minutes at PG in DAL) simply because JJB has more experience and he can be fantastic off-ball (see Championship year).

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Pistons discussing Drummond trade with ATL and others) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 01-03-2020

I'd rather have the higher pick than Brunson if I were rebuilding.  17 to 32 is a big gap.

(01-03-2020, 05:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Yes, Brunson would absolutely 100% be the starting point guard in Detroit. Easily.

Certainly, because Detroit has no starting point guard with Reggie Jackson being more or less a history. But that doesn't mean Brunson is valued as a starting point guard. Value of Brunson is not high as his ceiling is seen as back up point guard (if not, he wouldn't be picked 33rd). Back up point guards are not expensive and are easy to acquire for low salary.