MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - DrMav - 12-26-2019

(12-26-2019, 09:30 AM)omahen Wrote: Why the hell would (any) disgruntled star want to go to New York to be even in a worse situation he is now. It just makes absolutely no sense. 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/12/knicks-monitoring-karl-anthony-towns-situation.html
It’s really laughable seeing the Knicks continually think they are the marquee destination despite everything that has gone on with that team.

As someone who lives in Minnesota, the winters up here are absolutely brutal and last for up to 6 months. I’m not sure there’s another NBA city that has it as bad, so even if Minnesota got itself into a great situation, I’m not sure how they could ever hold onto talent that could live in many other more desirable places.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - ThunderMav - 12-26-2019

Pretty sure this is clickbait and false but ran across it.

https://twitter.com/RocketsNationCP/status/1210325331678117888

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - ClutchDirk - 12-26-2019

(12-26-2019, 08:11 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Pretty sure this is clickbait and false but ran across it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/ryen-russillo-there-are-people-around-the-league-who-believe-that-westbrook-is-available-for-trade.302954/

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - BolsDamols - 12-26-2019

(12-26-2019, 08:11 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Pretty sure this is clickbait and false but ran across it.

In one of Bill Simmons and Rusillo's podcasts, he talked about Daryl Morey as if he had a direct line to him.
So is it possible Morey is the one leaking this news?  Big Grin

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - ThunderMav - 12-26-2019

(12-26-2019, 09:20 PM)BolsDamols Wrote:

In one of Bill Simmons and Rusillo's podcasts, he talked about Daryl Morey as if he had a direct line to him.
So is it possible Morey is the one leaking this news?  Big Grin

I just don’t see anyone taking his salary.  His deal is one year longer than CP.  Plus if Harden hasn’t been involved in this discussion I doubt it has legs.  Harden was the one who had beefs with CP and wanted Russ.  

The problem for Rox is they knew Russ was not a 3 point shooter yet their offense is predicated by it.  So now teams double Harden.  Russ has played well until this last game when he took too many long shots.  He did dish a lot but those players not named Harden were not hitting 3’s.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - omahen - 12-26-2019

(12-26-2019, 09:29 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Harden was the one who had beefs with CP and wanted Russ.

Westbrook contract was the only one that would get you rid of CP contract, unless you were interested in taking the Wall contract :-) I totally believe he is available for trade, as he just doesn't fit in Houston. He is perfect for New York...

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - ThunderMav - 12-27-2019

(12-26-2019, 10:55 PM)omahen Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 09:29 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Harden was the one who had beefs with CP and wanted Russ.

Westbrook contract was the only one that would get you rid of CP contract, unless you were interested in taking the Wall contract :-) I totally believe he is available for trade, as he just doesn't fit in Houston. He is perfect for New York...

Are you saying trade him back here?  To me that ship sailed.  Love what he did for us and the way he plays hard every game (flaws and all) but him coming back would not be good for rebuild.  NY might be a place

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - Mavs2019 - 12-27-2019

Westbrook for DSJ, Portis and Gibson?

Westbrook
Payton
Barrett
Morris
Randle

We sure that´s not the 8th seed in the East? Blush

They are 4-4 since firing Fizdale and handing the PG duties to Payton.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - SleepingHero - 12-27-2019

(12-27-2019, 12:24 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

Westbrook for DSJ, Portis and Gibson?

Westbrook
Payton
Barrett
Morris
Randle

We sure that´s not the 8th seed in the East? Blush

They are 4-4 since firing Fizdale and handing the PG duties to Payton.

I'd be so happy if a trade like that occured because it'd be the signaling of the demise of the Rockets. If they trade Westbrook for 2 so-so PF's and DSJ, then they'd almost certainly trade Harden as well. Considering Harden has a supermax, there'd be few teams that could match his contract AND the commensurate draft compensation the Rockets would be looking for. 

How funny would it be if OKC traded for Harden to bring him back using the exact same picks they got for Westbrook and they'd create Houston's backcourt with a better supporting cast. Ignoring the fact they'd have to find someway to match contracts, I'd be laughing my butt off.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - cow - 12-27-2019

If you don't want a lot in return, you might be able to get rid of Russ.  These work in the trade machine:

Dieng, Layman, Roco - Minny
Fournier, Aminu, Augustin - Orl
Portis, Morris, Brazeikis - Knicks
Johnson, Rubio - Phx
Griffin - Det

I don't see trading him though.  That's waiving a white towel and will lead to Harden demanding a trade.  Trading Russ probably doesn't improve the team (maybe marginally) and with how much draft capital they owe, bottoming out doesn't do them a ton of good.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - Dundalis - 12-27-2019

Did anyone actually listen to Rick's postgame presser?

If so, can people finally get the clue why any trade for players like Adams/Drummond would be a horrible fit for this team? Anyone who watched that and still thinks one of those dinosaur bigs would be anything but a negative for this team must have blinkers on. You can literally not be more clear and to the point on what he thinks about players who don't space the floor. No way we bring in a guy who needs to play in the post 30mpg and absolutely kills the entire offense just for some sturdier man on man post defense.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - ClutchDirk - 12-27-2019

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1210625211642601474

https://twitter.com/ptknicksblog/status/1210625627738521601

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - omahen - 12-27-2019

Highlights from Shams piece in The Athletic:

1. Kings center Dewayne Dedmon wants a trade out of Sacramento and multiple teams are making offers to the franchise in anticipation of a deal prior to the February trade deadline, league sources say. Luke Walton is believed to have soured on the 30-year-old and the sides believe their union can’t be salvaged. 

2. The Nuggets has been open to discussing deals around young talents Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez, but have asked for a high value ahead of the February trade deadline, according to sources. Rival team executives in Las Vegas said they expect both could be moved in order for Denver to receive value prior to restricted free agency.

3. Dennis Smith Jr. prefers a move from the Knicks. Several teams have made inquiries into the Knicks about Smith, sources say.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - cow - 12-27-2019

(12-27-2019, 07:10 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Did anyone actually listen to Rick's postgame presser?

If so, can people finally get the clue why any trade for players like Adams/Drummond would be a horrible fit for this team? Anyone who watched that and still thinks one of those dinosaur bigs would be anything but a negative for this team must have blinkers on. You can literally not be more clear and to the point on what he thinks about players who don't space the floor. No way we bring in a guy who needs to play in the post 30mpg and absolutely kills the entire offense just for some sturdier man on man post defense.

Feels like Bob Voulgaris' fingerprints are helping the team make decision from a roster building standpoint and how the team plays on the court.

(12-27-2019, 01:24 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1210625211642601474

https://twitter.com/ptknicksblog/status/1210625627738521601

Dedmon has fallen out of their rotation so he probably wouldn't be expensive to require.  He's shooting just shy of 23% from three (ouch) but has less than 50 attempts this season.  He's on the first year of a 3YR 40M contract.  The last year is only partially guaranteed at 1M.  Curse of the Kings or did he forget how to shoot?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - vfromlmf - 12-28-2019

Not sure if this was posted. Ntilikina to Dallas

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/nba-trade-rumors-can-knicks-get-mavs-others-interested-in-ntilikina/

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - Tyler - 12-28-2019

I think Dallas was definitely interested in a young, long, defensive point guard at one point.  So much so that they signed Wright, who is also much better offensively than Ntilikina.  While I personally wouldn't mind having another backcourt defender like Ntilikina, I suspect Dallas would prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - omahen - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 11:54 AM)Tyler Wrote: I think Dallas was definitely interested in a young, long, defensive point guard at one point.  So much so that they signed Wright, who is also much better offensively than Ntilikina.  While I personally wouldn't mind having another backcourt defender like Ntilikina, I suspect Dallas would prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

Ntilikina to Dallas would make absolutely no sense at this point. As you said, we got Wright. Ntiliina is young and needs minutes. No minutes for him in Dallas now, behind Luka, Wright and Brunson.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - vfromlmf - 12-28-2019

There are lots of examples of out-of-favor players reviving their careers in Dallas only to fall apart when leaving. And one glaring example of a promising young player looking like a potential cornerstone in Dallas and a G leaguer in New York. 

The Mavs would certainly turn Ntilikina into a serviceable rotation player. The kid is a hard worker who already does certain things at a high level (defense) but he’s not a point guard in today’s NBA. It’s just insane how the Knicks are trying to build their team. 

My guess is Ntilika is best cast as a low usage defensive wing. He moves the ball well and has the length, athleticism and strength to guard bigger players. He doesn’t get many corner threes in New York but he is 7 of 14 on the ones he’s taken. I’d actually play him 14-18 MIN in Jackson’s rotation spot. A short run with with Finney-Smith at the four, in a small five-out lineup, similar to how the Mavs might deploy a guy like Igoudala. Have him focus on what he does well rather than try to turn him into something he’s not. 

Make no mistake, Ntilikina is not close to Igoudala on either end of the floor. But I’d gamble on the Mavs developing a 21 year-old kid with some elite traits, especially if the price is Mavs absorb him into TE and send a second rounder.

By the way, I’m not giving up on Jackson either. He’ll never be a star but he showed enough in 28 or so games with the Mava last year to tell me he’s a rotation player. May take some time to develop his consistency though. Can’t have his defensive effort fluctuate based on makes and misses.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - ItsGoTime - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 12:51 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: But I’d gamble on the Mavs developing a 21 year-old kid with some elite traits, especially if the price is Mavs absorb him into TE and send a second rounder.

I would do that and then follow it up with a 2 for 1 trade that upgrades 2 guard type rotation players into 1 better player. Frank would be a decent small ball 3 IMO (since RC loves his small ball lineups).

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Cavs trade Clarkson to Jazz for Exum and 2 2nds) - Mavs2019 - 12-28-2019

Ntilikna makes $6M next year. He ain´t cheap. I wouldn´t give them a pick for him. I´d offer Lee for Ntilikina/Gibson, which saves them a few millions this year and gives them more capspace in the summer. We get the rough and rugged PF/C we are looking for, who also has a nice trade match contracting, that is partially guaranteed (just $1M) for 20/21.