MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - ClutchDirk - 12-18-2019

The Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly among the teams interested in trading for New York Knicks guard Dennis Smith Jr.

According to SNY's Ian Begley, the T-Wolves are one of "several" teams keeping an eye on Smith, but it isn't clear what the Knicks' asking price is or what they could get in return for the 2017 first-round pick.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - SleepingHero - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 03:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: That doesn't even get us into the conversation for Beal.

We need more realistic stances around here. Beal is an allstar, Washington will get 25+ better offers for him than a mix of role players, expirings and non-difference maker prospects

I mean look at the packages for the last all-stars that were traded.

Clips- Traded basically 7 first round picks for PG, but we all know PG wasn't/isn't worth that on his own. They did that to get Kawhi who told him he'd sign if they got PG. So they traded SGA/Gallo/ with 5 firsts and 2 firsts that are pick swaps for PG and Kawhi, the ultimate win-now move. But this is hardly the normal kind of deal when superstars are traded. 

Pelicans-Pelicans essentially were bent over a barrel with AD. Everyone and their mother knew he was forcing his way to LA, and the Pels basically had to squeeze the Lakers of everything they had. Technically the AD trade was a massive 5 team trade that took 2 months to complete, so again it wasn't the norm.

Some recent deals for All-stars

Marc Gasol- JV, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2nd round pick. So 2 good young-ish players, a salary match, and a little draft compensation for what was a key acquisition for the Raps. Obviously Gasol isn't anywhere close to Beal but he was a star the season he got traded. 

Tobias Harris- Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Landry Shamet, 2 firsts, 2 2nds. 

Blake Griffin- Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban, 2 protected firsts. 

Cousins- Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, 1 first, 1 second. 

CP3/Westbrook- 2 protected firsts, 2 protected pick swaps. 

Needless to say my original proposal for Beal isn't TOO far off/unrealistic. 

THJ (expiring/salary matching), Brunson (young player with high upside), Jackson (young quality role player), 2 firsts (this year and 2026 that can be protected or unprotected), and 3 2nds. 

So 5 picks, 2 young players and an expiring is unrealistic for Beal??

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - fifteenth - 12-18-2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshype.com/2019/12/17/jrue-holiday-trade-rumors-heat-timberwolves-clippers-mavericks/amp/

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - ThunderMav - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 12:01 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: I guess someone is going to have to explain why OKC will blow up a playoff team in the hope that they obtain assets and try to build a playoff team in the future. 

Right now the Thunder are 7th in the West and I don't see a team behind them who is clearly better. 

Sure they're not a contender with their current roster ... but I do know a few people from Oklahoma, and those fans won't take kindly to tearing down the team and rebuilding. Those fans expect to win and every home game is a sellout. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the state is still 100% behind the team. And media bias aside, they actually have a team fans can root for. 

They're starting a future HoF point guard who is fitting in surprisingly well, a beloved rugged center, a young budding star, an underrated former overall no 1 pick and a developing 21 year old first round draft choice. They have a couple of bench pieces. 

I honestly don't think the Thunder will blow it up during the season. But everything changes around the draft.

Quality post.  I look at this as evolving.  The fans will support them as long as Presti is involved in the rebuild. So many moving parts.

I don’t see them tanking in the true sense.  But Gallo will be gone end of season so we’ll find a good deal and trade him.  CP3 is too pricey but maybe a needy team pulls trigger if they feel he is the missing piece.  This year NBA is open.  Dennis will likely get traded and with Gallo/Dennis gone so are hopes.  Then we might move other pieces and all the sudden playoffs are gone.

Funny thing is, we do have some good players.  We could actually add a piece or two and enhance team, although I doubt we do so.  If we trade no one then I think we fight for 8 seed.  One or two of the teams below us will likely improve too.  Most of ours picks are future years.

I will say, the fans had zero expectations this year and are having more fun due to zero expectations.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - Mapka - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 11:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 03:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: That doesn't even get us into the conversation for Beal.

We need more realistic stances around here. Beal is an allstar, Washington will get 25+ better offers for him than a mix of role players, expirings and non-difference maker prospects

I mean look at the packages for the last all-stars that were traded.

Clips- Traded basically 7 first round picks for PG, but we all know PG wasn't/isn't worth that on his own. They did that to get Kawhi who told him he'd sign if they got PG. So they traded SGA/Gallo/ with 5 firsts and 2 firsts that are pick swaps for PG and Kawhi, the ultimate win-now move. But this is hardly the normal kind of deal when superstars are traded. 

Pelicans-Pelicans essentially were bent over a barrel with AD. Everyone and their mother knew he was forcing his way to LA, and the Pels basically had to squeeze the Lakers of everything they had. Technically the AD trade was a massive 5 team trade that took 2 months to complete, so again it wasn't the norm.

Some recent deals for All-stars

Marc Gasol- JV, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2nd round pick. So 2 good young-ish players, a salary match, and a little draft compensation for what was a key acquisition for the Raps. Obviously Gasol isn't anywhere close to Beal but he was a star the season he got traded. 

Tobias Harris- Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Landry Shamet, 2 firsts, 2 2nds. 

Blake Griffin- Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban, 2 protected firsts. 

Cousins- Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, 1 first, 1 second. 

CP3/Westbrook- 2 protected firsts, 2 protected pick swaps. 

Needless to say my original proposal for Beal isn't TOO far off/unrealistic. 

THJ (expiring/salary matching), Brunson (young player with high upside), Jackson (young quality role player), 2 firsts (this year and 2026 that can be protected or unprotected), and 3 2nds. 

So 5 picks, 2 young players and an expiring is unrealistic for Beal??

It just depends on how the Wizs like Brunson and JJax. 

I don't think they value them enough, but that's an them Smile.

The package is good and I we could also change JJax/Lee to Seth/Delon/THjr/Powell/Kleber...

Nontheless I would rather search Ginobili than a second Parker Smile

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ThunderMav - 12-18-2019

Here’s a far fetched one.  OKC trades CP3 to Atlanta for Trae?  We’d have to throw in picks and maybe players.  But this would get rebuild going with SGA/Trae and some other good young players.  Giving up picks is fine since we get a top drafted player.  Plus Trae playing at home helps keep fans engaged for future tix sales.  We can give up some picks for this.  I’m hearing rumblings of Trae not being happy there but nothing to confirm it.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ClutchDirk - 12-18-2019

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&DateFrom=12%2F09%2F2019&DateTo=12%2F15%2F2019

Love with a +- of -73 last week...

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - SleepingHero - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 01:10 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Here’s a far fetched one.  OKC trades CP3 to Atlanta for Trae?  We’d have to throw in picks and maybe players.  But this would get rebuild going with SGA/Trae and some other good young players.  Giving up picks is fine since we get a top drafted player.  Plus Trae playing at home helps keep fans engaged for future tix sales.  We can give up some picks for this.  I’m hearing rumblings of Trae not being happy there but nothing to confirm it.

There is 0 chance that ATL gives up their 20 year old star for a 35 year old CP3 with almost 100 million left due to him over the next 3 years. Even if OKC gives them picks. I think Atlanta might listen if OKC gives them the 7 picks they got in the PG trade, but even that that'd be a REALLY tough sell on their fans. "Don't worry guys, wait 8 years and we'll have a bunch of chances to maybe find another Trae!"

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - StepBackJay - 12-18-2019

OKC has good players and lots of picks. I don't see any reason for them to blow things up. They have enough talent to be a playoff team and they can just keep drafting, trading as needed to build up a young core alongside their veteran players. Gallo should get traded but I think they can get something good in return. A Gallo for Myles Turner trade could make some sense.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - dirkfansince1998 - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 01:25 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&DateFrom=12%2F09%2F2019&DateTo=12%2F15%2F2019

Love with a +- of -73 last week...

Raw +/- is a controversial stat without taking into account that the Cavaliers are losing one purpose. I don´t think it tell us anything for tanking teams.
In the last 5 games Cleveland played @BOS, vs HOU, @SAS, @MIL and @TOR. Won against SAS, blowout loses against the other teams. Not a suprise that his numbers are looking bad.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ThunderMav - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 01:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 01:10 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Here’s a far fetched one.  OKC trades CP3 to Atlanta for Trae?  We’d have to throw in picks and maybe players.  But this would get rebuild going with SGA/Trae and some other good young players.  Giving up picks is fine since we get a top drafted player.  Plus Trae playing at home helps keep fans engaged for future tix sales.  We can give up some picks for this.  I’m hearing rumblings of Trae not being happy there but nothing to confirm it.

There is 0 chance that ATL gives up their 20 year old star for a 35 year old CP3 with almost 100 million left due to him over the next 3 years. Even if OKC gives them picks. I think Atlanta might listen if OKC gives them the 7 picks they got in the PG trade, but even that that'd be a REALLY tough sell on their fans. "Don't worry guys, wait 8 years and we'll have a bunch of chances to maybe find another Trae!"

Agree but they did take Melo off our hands when it seemed impossible.  Got us Dennis in return who is actually worth something now.

It was far fetched but would be a good get for OKC even though I agree it will never happen.  But if Trae does get flustered they will have to resolve before its too late.  They still have time so no rush.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - audiosway - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 10:57 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly among the teams interested in trading for New York Knicks guard Dennis Smith Jr.

According to SNY's Ian Begley, the T-Wolves are one of "several" teams keeping an eye on Smith, but it isn't clear what the Knicks' asking price is or what they could get in return for the 2017 first-round pick.
Lol. The Knicks.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ClutchDirk - 12-18-2019

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1207379503174975488

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - Mavs2019 - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 02:20 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1207379503174975488
Screw player empowerment. I need animal empowerment. If a deer wants to be a horse, it should be a Maverick. Cool

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ItsGoTime - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 10:42 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 10:24 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: What is the reason for the Sampson inclusion?

Pacers are sending out $18M for Turner and receiving $22M for Gallo. Including Sampson to even out the money a bit. Really just a throw in. Sampson has some 3D wing traits but he's out of the rotation. Pacers don't have much bad salary they can rid themselves of, as far as I can tell.
Gotcha, I really like the trade. I think it could benefit all teams pretty dang well, assuming OKC wants to use this as a staging point to blow it up.

(12-18-2019, 10:57 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly among the teams interested in trading for New York Knicks guard Dennis Smith Jr.

Man, that is an odd want to me. I'm not sure Minn would be the right fit for him with Wiggins there. He needs minutes off the bench to learn the NBA game and maybe eventually he gets to the point where he can be a decent to good starter. A Teague for DSJ swap (with 1 more piece from NY) does sound like a bit of a fit though.

(12-18-2019, 02:51 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: If a deer wants to be a horse, it should be a Maverick. Cool
Very nice. I'm pickin up what you're layin down!

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - SleepingHero - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 01:57 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 01:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Agree but they did take Melo off our hands when it seemed impossible.  Got us Dennis in return who is actually worth something now.

It was far fetched but would be a good get for OKC even though I agree it will never happen.  But if Trae does get flustered they will have to resolve before its too late.  They still have time so no rush.

ThunderMav, you know I love ya man but that proposal wasn't even far fetched, it was so out of this galaxy LOL. They took Melo for draft compensation, not giving up their franchise cornerstone. They also got rid of a known locker room problem in Dennis Schroeder so that was a plus. 

Technically they don't have to do anything when it comes to Trae for another 3 years minimum. And even then he'd be restricted. Trae is going to be in ATL for the next 8 years barring extreme injuries. If ATL hasn't gotten a winning team by then, then yeah I can see Trae forcing his way out ala AD. But there is no way ATL is giving away Trae in his 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th year.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - Tyler - 12-18-2019

Definitely far fetched, but I give you credit for creativity.  And bonus points for the grief it would cause among Trae stans in Atlanta to lose the guy they sacrificed their credibility and dignity to defend against Luka comparisons for so long.  The salt supply would be never-ending.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ItsGoTime - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 01:57 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Here’s a far fetched one.  OKC trades CP3 to Atlanta for Trae?  We’d have to throw in picks and maybe players.  But this would get rebuild going with SGA/Trae and some other good young players.  Giving up picks is fine since we get a top drafted player.  Plus Trae playing at home helps keep fans engaged for future tix sales.  We can give up some picks for this.  I’m hearing rumblings of Trae not being happy there but nothing to confirm it.
Been meaning to ask you about this. When Shai came over he was listed as a PG. this trade makes me think you believe that to not be the case. What are your thoughts on that? Is he best served as a SG/wing or does he want to run things and isn’t getting the chance with CP3 there?

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - DanSchwartzgan - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 02:20 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1207379503174975488

Fun listen.  Begs the question is there a player out there who might try to force their way to Dallas to form a super-team.

Best line in the piece reflects on super stars not as basketball players who sell shoes on the side, but as shoe salesmen who play basketball on the side.  Luka, given health and playoff success will become an INTL icon.  There will be value to his coat tails.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Wolves are one of several teams interested in trading for DSJ?) - ClutchDirk - 12-19-2019

Over the summer, the Miami Heat were regularly mentioned as the most likely trade destination for Chris Paul.
Now it appears the Heat have backed off from pursuing Paul entirely.
Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer reported Miami's trade interest in Paul is "extinct," noting the Heat are more likely to pursue a trade for Jrue Holiday.