MavsBoard
2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker (/showthread.php?tid=2272)

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 09:56 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hollinger has an article on his top 20 prospects today in the athletic.  He is not a 100% as he has been way off on some prospects (aren’t we all), but he does have years of experience.  He was way low on Hardy last year.

He has Whitmore at #3.  Black at #5.  Both twins at 5 and 6. Lively at 8.  Hendricks at 9 and Buffon at 10. Walker at 12 and Wallace at 13.  There are a few guys late that I really like (Jacquez for example) that I thought would be probable second round picks.

I just skimmed the article and just looked at the rankings for now.

That's a weird list he put together.... the ringer updated theirs and put Bufkin into the top 10 spot as well.  Feels like after the top 3 that there could be some really good names that fall to us.  I would be ecstatic if Walker is available.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - omahen - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 11:29 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Bertans would be bought out immediately so he only counts against their cap next season since he pretty much wouldn’t play anyway. 

Perhaps I am wrong, but I think that money counts against cap for next (2024-2025) season too, even if he is bought out. Unless Atlanta negotiates a lower buyout number.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - ItsGoTime - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 11:51 AM)omahen Wrote: Perhaps I am wrong, but I think that money counts against cap for next (2024-2025) season too, even if he is bought out. Unless Atlanta negotiates a lower buyout number.
Not my understanding of a buyout. Agreed upon number is the count against the cap for that year.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 05-16-2023

Dang, you guys are starting to sell me on Lively. Can see some Claxton in him when he fills out. Really nice instincts and timing defensively. I think I would be ok with taking him at 10. I just worry that he’s a few years away, at least, from being a viable starter on a contender. He’s 19. Clayton is 24 and took until year 3-4.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - dirkfansince1998 - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 05:32 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2023-24&dir=D&sort=HEIGHT_WO_SHOES

Interesting measurements for Walker, Dick, Whitmore and Black

With Kamm gone. Someone has to mention the wingspan of Gueye and Sanogo. As far as raw bigmen projects go those two are the kind of players that I would love to see on two-way deals. 6'9-6'11 in shoes with plus wingspan and above average mobility.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - HoosierDaddyKid - 05-16-2023

Of all the teams that have had success moving up in the draft lottery, the Spurs are the most successful. They've moved up 5 times more than the next best team the Sixers. Watch the Spurs..

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - DallasMaverick - 05-16-2023

Walker or Clowney seem to have the size and defense the Mavs need. Both seem like they could contribute fairly soon, maybe even a little bit in their first year?

I'm still betting on trading the pick.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Hogmelon - 05-16-2023

For those of you (if any) who accept that the earth is NOT flat:

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-lottery-explainer

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - IamDougieFresh - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 03:30 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: For those of you (if any) who accept that the earth is NOT flat:

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-lottery-explainer

You guys are embarrassing yourselves. KillerLeft suggesting the NBA wouldn’t allow the Mavs to win the lottery really broke the brains of Hogmelon and prolific super genius poster DallasMaverick.

This has NOTHING to do with J6, flat earth, any political affiliation, the moon landing, vaccine microchips, The Matrix, or Kermit the Frog being the supreme ruler of the universe. It’s pretty interesting that that is we’re you guys decided to take it though.

(05-16-2023, 04:18 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: You guys are embarrassing yourselves. KillerLeft suggesting the NBA wouldn’t allow the Mavs to win the lottery really broke the brains of Hogmelon and prolific super genius poster DallasMaverick.

This has NOTHING to do with J6, flat earth, any political affiliation, the moon landing, vaccine microchips, The Matrix, or Kermit the Frog being the supreme ruler of the universe. It’s pretty interesting that that is we’re you guys decided to take it though.

No, I'm certainly not embarrassing myself, and nothing posted by KillerLeft (or anyone else) has ever broken my brain.

I do think some of the opinions expressed here about the NBA draft lottery are both ridiculous and pathetic.

Moving right along ....

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - LifeAquatic - 05-16-2023

[Image: kramer-wow.gif]

(05-16-2023, 04:18 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: You guys are embarrassing yourselves. KillerLeft suggesting the NBA wouldn’t allow the Mavs to win the lottery really broke the brains of Hogmelon and prolific super genius poster DallasMaverick.

What about Luka´s tattoos? The all-seeing eye. Cannot be a coincidence. Is that the reason why Luka isn´t the Mavs stage representative. Does he already know the outcome? Do we need to sign Harrison Barnes again to protect Luka from satanic forces?

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - juanc - 05-16-2023

Usually when there is a generational prospect in the draft, Silver gifts the player to the most god forsaken/not media attractive franchise.
2019 - Zion to NO after they traded Day-to-dayvis
in 2018 he knew Suns will screw up and gave the 2nd to Sacramaneto, just for Vlade to ruin his plans Big Grin
and so on Big Grin

I have a feeling the Mavs are moving up in the lottery, to #3

As for Jarace Walker... To have him lower than 7 is absurd. He probably has the best defensive instincts in the draft(or let's say top3), he has mesured a 34,5 inch standing vert(he had the 3rd best result, and also a 38,5 inch vert. All other measurments were very solid. Pack that in a 6'8 and 250 lbs frame and mixed with his instincts, you have a stud defender. He is also a great passer/playmaker. He is probably the closest thing to Draymond since Draymond. I really hope that he somehow falls to 10 if the Mavs stay @10 tonight. He is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team, I am almost certain he'll get an all defensive team or two in his career.

(05-15-2023, 03:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This might be cynical, but on a year when the Mavs were the only team punished for overtly tanking, I have a tough time imagining the NBA allowing them to win the lottery.

(05-15-2023, 08:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am quite serious, and I don’t believe one must adopt a blanket “the lottery is rigged” viewpoint to see the logic in what I’m suggesting.

KillerLeft, I'm not at all interested in starting an argument, but I would seriously appreciate a clarification of your post.

First of all, exactly what do you mean by the phrase "win the lottery"?  Only the # 1 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 3%)?  A Top-2 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 6.27%)?   A Top-3 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 9.87%)?   A Top-4 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 13.88%)?  Or, perhaps, something else?

Second, when you write "the NBA," exactly who (or what) do you mean?  Do you think Adam Silver is involved in not "allowing [the Mavericks] to win the lottery"?  How many people do you think would be involved in making that decision?  How many people do you think would perform all the actions necessary to ensure that the Mavericks do not "win the lottery"?

Knowing how the draft lottery purportedly works (in the presence of a boatload of witnesses, including Michael Finley), with the # 1 pick being determined FIRST (by four ping pong balls being randomly [or not randomly???] chosen, one at a time, out of the fourteen balls in the machine), would you please explain specifically and in detail how "the NBA" would implement a plan not to allow the Mavericks "to win the lottery"?  I mean, physically, how exactly would the NBA's plan be effectuated?

Thanks in advance for helping me better understand your previous comment ("I have a tough time imagining the NBA allowing them to win the lottery").

(05-16-2023, 05:24 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: KillerLeft, I'm not at all interested in starting an argument, but I would seriously appreciate a clarification of your post.

First of all, exactly what do you mean by the phrase "win the lottery"?  Only the # 1 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 3%)?  A Top-2 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 6.27%)?   A Top-3 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 9.87%)?   A Top-4 pick (Mavs' purported probability = 13.88%)?  Or, perhaps, something else?

Second, when you write "the NBA," exactly who (or what) do you mean?  Do you think Adam Silver is involved in not "allowing [the Mavericks] to win the lottery"?  How many people do you think would be involved in making that decision?  How many people do you think would perform all the actions necessary to ensure that the Mavericks do not "win the lottery"?

Knowing how the draft lottery purportedly works (in the presence of a boatload of witnesses, including Michael Finley), with the # 1 pick being determined FIRST (by four ping pong balls being randomly [or not randomly???] chosen, one at a time, out of the fourteen balls in the machine), would you please explain specifically and in detail how "the NBA" would implement a plan not to allow the Mavericks "to win the lottery"?  I mean, physically, how exactly would the NBA's plan be effectuated?

Thanks in advance for helping me better understand your previous comment ("I have a tough time imagining the NBA allowing them to win the lottery").

Non public technology that can manipulate quantum mechanical states, guaranteeing the most profitable outcome for the Association.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - ItsGoTime - 05-16-2023

Whoever grabs the balls is a practiced slight of hand magician. Balls are predetermined in order up his sleeve.

One word. MAGNETS.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - cow - 05-16-2023

We are getting the #1 pick. We are due. Only the ping pong ball gods can save us from Mark Cuban.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - KillerLeft - 05-16-2023

(05-16-2023, 05:24 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: KillerLeft, I'm not at all interested in starting an argument, but I would seriously appreciate a clarification of your post.

I would answer, but you wrote in an earlier post that opposing views on this matter are “ridiculous and pathetic.” That, combined with your passive-aggressive “not in the cool kids clique” title, communicates quickly and thoroughly just how pointless it would be to attempt any sort of back and forth. I can plainly see you are uninteresting, unwilling and, frankly, not all that nice. I hope you can find a way to enjoy the community, but until you can relate to others with a bit more respect, that way won’t be through any sort of dialogue with me. Go try someone else.

Rest of the class will have to wait for the draft. Wemby will know his new team in a couple of minutes.