MavsBoard
2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker (/showthread.php?tid=2272)

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 05-14-2023

LOL I got Mavs picking first at my first simulation in Tankathon.
So there is hope.

If Mavs get Wemby, they better fire JKidd.
I don't want a wasted season in the most exciting time of Mavs basketball

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - IamDougieFresh - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 10:22 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: LOL I got Mavs picking first at my first simulation in Tankathon.
So there is hope.

If Mavs get Wemby, they better fire JKidd.
I don't want a wasted season in the most exciting time of Mavs basketball

I'm interested in knowing who you like, since I can tell your brain isn't smooth. I'm also out on Gradey Dick for the Mavs.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 05-15-2023

(05-14-2023, 10:53 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm interested in knowing who you like, since I can tell your brain isn't smooth. I'm also out on Gradey Dick for the Mavs.

If you're asking for who I want for the coaching job --- anyone but JKidd.

If you're asking for who I want at 10:

Short Answer:

If the Mavs lose Kyrie -- it's  Jalen Hood-Schifino.
If the Mavs retain Kyrie -- Cam Whitmore

Long Answer:

If the Mavs get lucky and these guys are still available at 10:
1. Hendricks
2. Black (If Kyrie stays, I'd be looking at the best available wing, but Kyrie's not with the Mavs, Black is the replacement PG)

Has a good chance of being available at 10:
1. Whitmore
2. Jarace Walker
3. Wallace
4. Jalen Hood-Schifino (Probably a bit too high at 10, but if the Mavs lose Kyrie, he's a MUST have .

Trade Down candidates:
1. GG Jackson 
2. Lively
3. Leonard Miller

A Note on Dick: I'm sure he'd be a good player. I can see him being better than THJ already even on year 1. But pairing him with Luka takes a blow on defense. If Kyrie stays, there's no way you take the floor with Luka-Kyrie-Dick. And at pick 10, I'm really hoping for a mainstay for years.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Chicagojk - 05-15-2023

Anyone else not going to watch the lottery? I am out! Will check after the fact. Hope for good news. Too stressful to watch live.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Chicagojk - 05-15-2023

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1658097649206312961

I have not spent much time yet looking at guys near #10 and besides Lively I have not looked at players in the teens to 20's. This guy is getting some draft love despite averaging 5 points a game. He has all the checkmarks that teams are looking for though. We will be interesting where he goes. 6'10 wing with in theory defense, ball handling and shooting potential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9zcD1maZg

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - DanSchwartzgan - 05-15-2023

(05-15-2023, 08:56 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1658097649206312961

I have not spent much time yet looking at guys near #10 and besides Lively I have not looked at players in the teens to 20's.  This guy is getting some draft love despite averaging 5 points a game.  He has all the checkmarks that teams are looking for though.  We will be interesting where he goes.  6'10 wing with in theory defense, ball handling and shooting potential 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9zcD1maZg

Probably not us.  We don't have a lottery pick to promise right now.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - DallasMaverick - 05-15-2023

Shouldn't we also be discussing what happens if the pick slips to #11?

It's definitely more fun to think about winning the lottery...

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - DanSchwartzgan - 05-15-2023

(05-15-2023, 09:38 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Shouldn't we also be discussing what happens if the pick slips to #11?

The board bitches and moans about how much of a disaster the FO is for about a week.  We'll figure out which late season win would have given us the 9th best odds if we had lost and complain that winning that game was just another bit of proof that Kidd is an idiot.  

Then someone points out that we can now trade 24 and 26 and have some protections in place that let the latter pick slide to 2027 if need be.  Then the board turns on that person calling them a 'sunshine pumper' and Front Office apologist (maybe worse).  Then nothing happens by the end of August involving these picks and we go back to paragraph one and start the process over again.  Sound about right?

BTW, the Jazz move from nine to one and NY packages #11 to get a star we all want making this so much worse.

(05-15-2023, 10:10 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The board bitches and moans about how much of a disaster the FO is for about a week.  We'll figure out which late season win would have given us the 9th best odds if we had lost and complain that winning that game was just another bit of proof that Kidd is an idiot.  

Then someone points out that we can now trade 24 and 26 and have some protections in place that let the latter pick slide to 2027 if need be.  Then the board turns on that person calling them a 'sunshine pumper' and Front Office apologist (maybe worse).  Then nothing happens by the end of August involving these picks and we go back to paragraph one and start the process over again.  Sound about right?

BTW, the Jazz move from nine to one and NY packages #11 to get a star we all want making this so much worse.

Hmm..

Maybe you know your audience...

(05-15-2023, 10:10 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The board bitches and moans about how much of a disaster the FO is for about a week.  We'll figure out which late season win would have given us the 9th best odds if we had lost and complain that winning that game was just another bit of proof that Kidd is an idiot.  

It sucks to live life in a constant state of regret.

Better just to channel all that angst and energy into the present, and looking forward.

Best to not have one's identity and self-worth based on the performance of a team THAT YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER!

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - HoosierDaddyKid - 05-15-2023

Yeah, I could see that scenario playing out.  Maybe the basketball gods will do Cuban a solid, and they get a top 5 pick. Stranger things have happened.....

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - ItsGoTime - 05-15-2023

Tomorrow, everything is revealed!

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - IamDougieFresh - 05-15-2023

(04-27-2023, 02:30 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I’ve got a target fellas.

In this universe, Atlanta has someone they really want at 10 and they make the decision to promote Okongwu and move Capela. We get 15.

I don’t do this trade of one of Walker, Whitmore, Hendricks is on the board.

Maybe I’ll tell you guys the target soon… hehe

I shit you not, Jalen Hood-Schifino is who I was referencing here Razzmatazz

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Nowitzki Way - 05-15-2023

(05-15-2023, 12:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Tomorrow, everything is revealed!

I've had a bad feeling all along that we'll lose the 1st rounder this year.  I hope i'm wrong. 

I'm looking forward to digging into these top draft prospects. Then the Mavs trade #10 on draft night for Jordan Poole....

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - KillerLeft - 05-15-2023

This might be cynical, but on a year when the Mavs were the only team punished for overtly tanking, I have a tough time imagining the NBA allowing them to win the lottery.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 05-15-2023

(05-15-2023, 03:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: a year when the Mavs were the only team punished for overtly tanking

Blazers, Jazz, Wizards, Pacers were super overt with their tanking.

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - Nowitzki Way - 05-15-2023

(05-15-2023, 03:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This might be cynical, but on a year when the Mavs were the only team punished for overtly tanking, I have a tough time imagining the NBA allowing them to win the lottery.

My exact thoughts. No way we win the lottery.  And i doubt we even keep our pick this year. The NBA will not let us win.

(05-15-2023, 04:19 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: My exact thoughts. No way we win the lottery.  And i doubt we even keep our pick this year. The NBA will not let us win.

Wow,  the conspiracies run deep.

I thought it was Kidd that was single-handedly keeping us from winning.

Oh, sorry.  It's Cuban that's single-handedly keeping us from winning.

My bad, it's actually Dwight Powell that's been keeping us from winning for several years.

So, what you're saying is that the head coach doesn't matter, the owner doesn't matter, and the players don't matter.

(05-15-2023, 05:04 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Wow,  the conspiracies run deep.

I thought it was Kidd that was single-handedly keeping us from winning.

Oh, sorry.  It's Cuban that's single-handedly keeping us from winning.

My bad, it's actually Dwight Powell that's been keeping us from winning for several years.

So, what you're saying is that the head coach doesn't matter, the owner doesn't matter, and the players don't matter.

??????????????

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1658250686427979777?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA

RE: 2023 DRAFT: June 22 - rocky164 - 05-15-2023

(05-15-2023, 03:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This might be cynical, but on a year when the Mavs were the only team punished for overtly tanking, I have a tough time imagining the NBA allowing them to win the lottery.

Right there with you Killer.  If the lottery is indeed rigged, I can guarantee the Mavs will slip to 11 as punishment for tanking.