MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: - dirkfansince1998 - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 01:17 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: There is a very real chance we may long for the good ol days of Rick Carlisle's young player development.

RCs Pacers basically have the same record as the Mavs with one of the youngest teams in the league. Might be time question if the refusal to rebuild and go with younger players wasn´t about him. More about Cuban chasing instant gratification over longterm roster building.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - Ghost of Podkolzin - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 01:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: RCs Pacers basically have the same record as the Mavs with one of the youngest teams in the league. Might be time question if the refusal to rebuild and go with younger players wasn´t about him. More about Cuban chasing instant gratification over longterm roster building.

Ya, but other than Crowder, RC exiled all young talent to the bench.  I hear you with the roster decisions, but playing decisions were all on RC.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - Mavs2021 - 11-17-2022

Bamba + Harris for THJ + Pinson + 2nd round pick.

Hachimura for Bullock

Two trades that I think are somewhat realistic and would actually help the team get younger, get better and gain financial flexibility.

Doncic/Dinwiddie/Campazzo
Harris/Ntilikina/Hardy
DFS/Green/McGee
Hachimura/Kleber/Bertans
Bamba/Wood/Powell

(11-17-2022, 01:24 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Ya, but other than Crowder, RC exiled all young talent to the bench.  I hear you with the roster decisions, but playing decisions were all on RC.

DFS, Powell. To a lesser degree DSJ, Yogi and Brunson. Even Justin Jackson. Not to even mention Luka. It´s not like he never played them.
Thing is that the Mavs rarely had any young talent on the roster that deserved playing time.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - HoosierDaddyKid - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 01:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: RCs Pacers basically have the same record as the Mavs with one of the youngest teams in the league. Might be time question if the refusal to rebuild and go with younger players wasn´t about him. More about Cuban chasing instant gratification over longterm roster building.

Good point. RC seems to be in a better place with the Pacers. The Pacers have young talent.  Kevin Pritchard will probably give him some autonomy in the decision-making, that Cuban wouldn't relinquish.

(11-17-2022, 01:45 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Good point. RC seems to be in a better place with the Pacers. The Pacers have young talent.  Kevin Pritchard will probably give him some autonomy in the decision-making, that Cuban wouldn't relinquish.

Remembering the Mavs-Haliburton rumors prior to the draft I wasn´t suprised when the Pacers landed him. Not sure how it will end but it seems like RC has the freedom to make big roster changes.

(11-17-2022, 01:38 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: DFS, Powell. To a lesser degree DSJ, Yogi and Brunson. Even Justin Jackson. Not to even mention Luka. It´s not like he never played them.
Thing is that the Mavs rarely had any young talent on the roster that deserved playing time.

I invite you to go into the archives and see how everyone was screaming that RC did not let unproven talent in the rotation over similarly talented veterans.  Luka was the 3rd pick and DSJ was a lottery pick.

[Image: Screenshot-2022-11-17-122214.jpg]

Toronto is supposedly shopping OG.  DFS fits better with Barnes and Siakam.  Green gives them a defensive stud off the bench and nice backup to Trent Jr.

PG - Luka
SG - Dinwiddie
SF - OG
PF - Wood
C - Powell

RE: ROSTER TALK: - Kammrath - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 02:00 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: OG

I will drive anyone on the Mavs not named Wood or Luka to the airport myself for OG. Perfect kind of player to match with Luka.

(11-17-2022, 01:53 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: I invite you to go into the archives and see how everyone was screaming that RC did not let unproven talent in the rotation over similarly talented veterans.  Luka was the 3rd pick and DSJ was a lottery pick.

And we are doing the same right now. Probably more than ever before. Thing is that all the unproven talent ended up being exactly that. Except for a small number of guys that are still core pieces on the current roster (Kleber, DFS, Powell).
Hard to develop talent on a team that is completly ignoring the draft. Justin Anderson was the only first round pick in the post championship era prior to DSJ.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - KillerLeft - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 01:17 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: There is a very real chance we may long for the good ol days of Rick Carlisle's young player development.

Lol, the players Carlisle developed (and they were throw-ins on trades and undrafted, so we're talking real work to develop them) are STILL the core of this team.

That was always such a tired, false narrative.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - Kammrath - 11-17-2022

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1593334513156898818

RE: ROSTER TALK: - SleepingHero - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 02:00 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2022-11-17-122214.jpg]

Toronto is supposedly shopping OG.  DFS fits better with Barnes and Siakam.  Green gives them a defensive stud off the bench and nice backup to Trent Jr.

PG - Luka
SG - Dinwiddie
SF - OG
PF - Wood
C - Powell

Give anything and everything sans Luka to get OG on this team. 

PLEASE.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Mavs have interest in Hayward? - Chicagojk - 11-17-2022

Mavs every first day of free agency

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClCM2sFuO0c/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

RE: ROSTER TALK: Mavs have interest in Hayward? - Chicagojk - 11-17-2022

I think we need to lower our hopes.  We aren't going to get OG.   He probably isn't available.  If he was, Toronto is looking at the KD types.   Toronto may have a brighter future than Dallas as is.   Masai is a big game hunter.  He won't be interested in what we could offer.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - KillerLeft - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 03:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1593334513156898818

He would help, and I bet he's more attainable than some of the other ideas.

RE: ROSTER TALK: - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 04:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He would help, and I bet he's more attainable than some of the other ideas.

Would be very interesting what it would take but if you can do it without giving up any picks then you pull the trigger (sans some obvious names on the roster)

RE: ROSTER TALK: Mavs have interest in Hayward? - Kammrath - 11-19-2022

https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/status/1594061178673643520

RE: ROSTER TALK: Mavs have interest in Hayward? - IamDougieFresh - 11-19-2022

Where do I sign for the THJ/Bullock for Hayward/Washington trade?

RE: ROSTER TALK: Mavs have interest in Hayward? - dynamicalVoid - 11-19-2022

(11-19-2022, 05:57 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Where do I sign for the THJ/Bullock for Hayward/Washington trade?

If Washington is so loved around here to the point of being claimed the Real Maxi Kleber...

THJ/Bullock are worth it alone.

So...I dont know why people complain about Hayward.   If he works out here thats just icing on the cake to scoring Washington whom people think would be perfect with Luka.

Sure...Hayward is a chunky risk on the cap...but if he works out and PJ works out...for THJ and Bullock?  I think I am interested.  Is there filler needed?  Im reluctant to give up cheap old Frank or potential in Green.