MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Smitty - 07-01-2022

Two things that still interest me...

This one laid out by @"Tyler": An extended Gary Harris at $13mm + Isaac at $17mm is an exact trade match for THJ + Powell.

And this one that was discussed by @"omahen" and @"DanSchwartzgan":

omahen Wrote: I don't think TPE makes a lot of sense. It would be too small to be really significant. What I would try to do would be to expend the SnT deal by including the third team. With Brunson salary going out, we can combine with relatively smaller salaries to bring players in. For example:

Dal: Harris, Thybulle
NY: Brunson
Phi: THJ+filler (Philly saves money they need to do for a full MLE to Tucker and gets a wing shooter they need)

Something similar could be done with Brogdon.

Not that I have any hope in Mavs left...

Yeah, or even making this a four way deal gets you the 125% trade matching leverage.  Can we take back Thybulle/Korkmaz while sending out Brunson and Green or something like that.  Maybe we send Green to another team and they send a pick to Philly.

I think the key is getting Philly $10mm under the apron so they can offer the full MLE to Tucker.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - omahen - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 09:35 AM)Smitty Wrote: I think the key is getting Philly $10mm under the apron so they can offer the full MLE to Tucker.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Philly solved all their financial problems by Harden opting out and signing for 30 mil.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Chicagojk - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 09:35 AM)Smitty Wrote: Two things that still interest me...

This one laid out by @"Tyler": An extended Gary Harris at $13mm + Isaac at $17mm is an exact trade match for THJ + Powell.

And this one that was discussed by @"omahen" and @"DanSchwartzgan":

omahen Wrote: I don't think TPE makes a lot of sense. It would be too small to be really significant. What I would try to do would be to expend the SnT deal by including the third team. With Brunson salary going out, we can combine with relatively smaller salaries to bring players in. For example:

Dal: Harris, Thybulle
NY: Brunson
Phi: THJ+filler (Philly saves money they need to do for a full MLE to Tucker and gets a wing shooter they need)

Something similar could be done with Brogdon.

Not that I have any hope in Mavs left...

Yeah, or even making this a four way deal gets you the 125% trade matching leverage.  Can we take back Thybulle/Korkmaz while sending out Brunson and Green or something like that.  Maybe we send Green to another team and they send a pick to Philly.

I think the key is getting Philly $10mm under the apron so they can offer the full MLE to Tucker.

I think Issac works good in theory, but man I really need to see him on the court again.   Their GM said after the draft that he recently had another procedure and is not ready for full clearance yet.   Looking online it looks like he had an hamstring procedure that he hurt while rehabbing his ACL.  He has had a lot of injuries and it has been so long since we have seen him on the court.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Hypermav - 07-01-2022

Tim and Powell for Isaac and Harris is my wish list.  I can dream.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Smitty - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 09:44 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think Issac works good in theory, but man I really need to see him on the court again.   Their GM said after the draft that he recently had another procedure and is not ready for full clearance yet.   Looking online it looks like he had an hamstring procedure that he hurt while rehabbing his ACL.  He has had a lot of injuries and it has been so long since we have seen him on the court.

I don't disagree at all. It's the cost to acquire that's intriguing, and I also like Harris for this team. Anything from Isaac would be a bonus and the cost was THJ and an expiring Powell in this scenario? Another low risk move like Wood, imo.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Okstate819 - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 09:47 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Tim and Powell for Isaac and Harris is my wish list.  I can dream.

I agree. Pre injury Isaac was on his way to 1st team all defense for the next decade. Giving up THJ/Powell is worth the 20% chance he could get back to that level. To me Harris replaces THJ and then its just Powell for Isaac. I would probably give them Green and multiple seconds too if that got it done.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - dirkfansince1998 - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 09:52 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: I agree. Pre injury Isaac was on his way to 1st team all defense for the next decade. Giving up THJ/Powell is worth the 20% chance he could get back to that level. To me Harris replaces THJ and then its just Powell for Isaac. I would probably give them Green and multiple seconds too if that got it done.

Isaac is close to the Kyrie/Simmons level of don´t touch him. I know that we don´t want to make this about politics and understand if others feel differently but I don´t want "ReAwaken America" Isaac on the roster.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Okstate819 - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:01 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Isaac is close to the Kyrie/Simmons level of don´t touch him. I know that we don´t want to make this about politics and understand if others feel differently but I don´t want "ReAwaken America" Isaac on the roster.

The Mavs play in Texas my dude.  

Also, he's regarded as a great teammate and character guy. Comparing him to locker room cancer Kyrie and quitter Ben Simmons is ridiculous.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - SleepingHero - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:01 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Isaac is close to the Kyrie/Simmons level of don´t touch him. I know that we don´t want to make this about politics and understand if others feel differently but I don´t want "ReAwaken America" Isaac on the roster.

Also adding on to that is that Isaac literally hasn't been healthy for his entire career. 

1st year: 27 games played
2nd year: 75 games played
3rd year: 34 games played
4th year: N/A
5th year: N/A

I did the math and he's only been available in 34% of games. If we thought KP was bad....

(07-01-2022, 10:06 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Also adding on to that is that Isaac literally hasn't been healthy for his entire career. 

1st year: 27 games played
2nd year: 75 games played
3rd year: 34 games played
4th year: N/A
5th year: N/A

I did the math and he's only been available in 34% of games. If we thought KP was bad....

He wouldn't have near the expectations of KP though.... He's a lottery ticket at the expense of a player (Powell) that didn't make the playoff rotation and likely won't be here past 2022-2023.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Winter - 07-01-2022

The question I have for now is....

Which wing player are the Mavs looking to acquire in a trade?

Sexton is a guard, so I'm not convinced this is it. Thoughts?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - dirkfansince1998 - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:05 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: The Mavs play in Texas my dude.  

Also, he's regarded as a great teammate and character guy. Comparing him to locker room cancer Kyrie and quitter Ben Simmons is ridiculous.

And Dallas is as liberal/left as it gets for Texas. I mentioned Kyrie and Ben because the concerns are the same. I am not sure if he is fully into basketball and it´s very likely that he will miss games because of it. On top of it we have the mentioned injury issues. Too many red flags for me.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - mvossman - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And Dallas is as liberal/left as it gets for Texas. I mentioned Kyrie and Ben because the concerns are the same. I am not sure if he is fully into basketball and it´s very likely that he will miss games because of it. On top of it we have the mentioned injury issues. Too many red flags for me.

I don't want to get into politics, but I grew up in Austin and have lived in Dallas for 30 years and its not close which is more liberal.

(07-01-2022, 10:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And Dallas is as liberal/left as it gets for Texas. I mentioned Kyrie and Ben because the concerns are the same. I am not sure if he is fully into basketball and it´s very likely that he will miss games because of it. On top of it we have the mentioned injury issues. Too many red flags for me.

I’m not concerned about any issues and I don’t think Mavs fans at large or anybody in the locker room would be either. The injury history is as bad as it gets, but my point about acquiring him for THJ/Powell and also getting Harris back it would be very low risk for a player we’ve at least seen play with a extremely valuable skill set.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - mvossman - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:18 AM)Winter Wrote: The question I have for now is....

Which wing player are the Mavs looking to acquire in a trade?

Sexton is a guard, so I'm not convinced this is it. Thoughts?

I would love Dan's suggestion of Harris for Powell/Green.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - Winter - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:31 AM)mvossman Wrote: I would love Dan's suggestion of Harris for Powell/Green.

That one I can get my mind around.

I have a harder time with the Mavs taking a gamble on someone like Issac or TJ Warren who have missed a bunch of time recently with injuries. Whoever it is has bypassed the rumor mill entirely.

(07-01-2022, 10:30 AM)mvossman Wrote: I don't want to get into politics, but I grew up in Austin and have lived in Dallas for 30 years and its not close which is more liberal.

True. But I will take my chances with 65% of people voting for Biden in the last presidential election. Also true that surrounding counties like Denton are leaning more conservative.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - KillerLeft - 07-01-2022

This prediction is a little "tin foil hat" of me, so be warned. 

I recently watched "Hustle" on Netflix (way better than I expected, for those who haven't seen it). 

I couldn't help but notice that there was a heavy Mavs representation in the film. I don't know if Cuban's production company was involved in any way or not, but he was in it, Dirk was in it and Luka was in it. 

So were Kyle Lowry and Matisse Thybulle, both of whom the Mavs have shown interest in recently. I'm guessing the filming of the movie had taken place before last summer's Lowry pursuit. Is this coincidence, or did Cuban (or Dirk, or Luka) get to know those guys on set and decide they should be Mavs during that time? 

There are a ton of other NBA types in the film, a TON. But, this guy, the star of the film (who actually does a great job in the lead role, believe it or not) is now free:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1542598515372634112?s=20&t=5j5koMf2PC-Yibja5IzbLg

Would anyone be shocked if Cuban decides to bring him in, somehow? I would not. 

And actually, Tobias Harris also had a pretty big role in the film, so I think maybe I've been a little too dismissive of the idea they'd bring him in. 

I actually think it's possible this is how they're making decisions over there, through some type of social connection like this - I hope I'm wrong.

(07-01-2022, 12:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This prediction is a little "tin foil hat" of me, so be warned. 

I recently watched "Hustle" on Netflix (way better than I expected, for those who haven't seen it). 

I couldn't help but notice that there was a heavy Mavs representation in the film. I don't know if Cuban's production company was involved in any way or not, but he was in it, Dirk was in it and Luka was in it. 

So were Kyle Lowry and Matisse Thybulle, both of whom the Mavs have shown interest in recently. I'm guessing the filming of the movie had taken place before last summer's Lowry pursuit. Is this coincidence, or did Cuban (or Dirk, or Luka) get to know those guys on set and decide they should be Mavs during that time? 

There are a ton of other NBA types in the film, a TON. But, this guy, the star of the film (who actually does a great job in the lead role, believe it or not) is now free:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1542598515372634112?s=20&t=5j5koMf2PC-Yibja5IzbLg

Would anyone be shocked if Cuban decides to bring him in, somehow? I would not. 

And actually, Tobias Harris also had a pretty big role in the film, so I think maybe I've been a little too dismissive of the idea they'd bring him in. 

I actually think it's possible this is how they're making decisions over there, through some type of social connection like this - I hope I'm wrong.

Tobias makes even less sense with with the McGee signing.  We already have Wood, Maxi and Dorian sharing minutes at the 4 now.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL prioritizing "wing & front-line depth" | NOT chasing Kyrie - KillerLeft - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 12:34 PM)mvossman Wrote: Tobias makes even less sense with with the McGee signing.  We already have Wood, Maxi and Dorian sharing minutes at the 4 now.

Yes, I'm not applying logic on this one. I'm simply asking "what's the most batshit crazy reason possible for the Lowry/Thybulle coincidence" and seeing if it might be true. 

If they sign Bo Cruz, somehow, I will claim that it is.