MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Jommybone - 07-14-2022

Maybe I’m uninformed. But the Hayward injury discussion seems overblown to me. He played 49 games for the season, and his last 2 stints on the injury list were due to an ankle sprain and covid. Doesn’t seem scary to me. If we can get him for Timmy and Dwight, I’d pull that trigger in a heartbeat. If they’d take Bertans in place of Hardaway, I’d add a pick.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-14-2022

(07-13-2022, 10:06 PM)F Gump Wrote: Rozier-Hayward-Washington

Hardaway-Bertans-Powell

Take my money!

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - mvossman - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:44 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Maybe I’m uninformed. But the Hayward injury discussion seems overblown to me. He played 49 games for the season, and his last 2 stints on the injury list were due to an ankle sprain and covid. Doesn’t seem scary to me. If we can get him for Timmy and Dwight, I’d pull that trigger in a heartbeat. If they’d take Bertans in place of Hardaway, I’d add a pick.

He has appeared to wear down the last two seasons and in both cases missed just about the entire final 3rd of the season.  But the reality is just about everyone here would pull the trigger on Timmy+Powell for Hayward, which means its unlikely Charlotte would.  They don't have a reason to move him unless they get a legit center and doubt they want to sell low.  There is a small chance the 3 way trade with Indy works if Rick has a lot of influence.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Jommybone - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 08:58 AM)mvossman Wrote: He has appeared to wear down the last two seasons and in both cases missed just about the entire final 3rd of the season.  But the reality is just about everyone here would pull the trigger on Timmy+Powell for Hayward, which means its unlikely Charlotte would.  They don't have a reason to move him unless they get a legit center and doubt they want to sell low.  There is a small chance the 3 way trade with Indy works if Rick has a lot of influence.

Wears down toward the end of the season? Like maybe he should play 5 games, then take a game off and let someone like Dragic play in his spot?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - cow - 07-14-2022

No thanks to Hayward.  I never liked him even when he was healthy.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:28 AM)cow Wrote: No thanks to Hayward.  I never liked him even when he was healthy.

Something about his style or skill set or just a case of irrational dislike?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - mvossman - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 09:50 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Wears down toward the end of the season? Like maybe he should play 5 games, then take a game off and let someone like Dragic play in his spot?

Ha!  Although he is not really the type to run an offense.  He would make a lot of sense replacing Brunson creation and secondary playmaking.  I guess you could argue that he takes Din's current role and on his off days Din goes back to starting and Dragic runs second unit.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - cow - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:35 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Something about his style or skill set or just a case of irrational dislike?

Empty calories.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - omahen - 07-14-2022

For a change, Mavericks are featured a lot in this fantasy trades piece. Two interesting ideas

Green and 2 SRP for White
Bullock for Thybulle, Korkmaz and future FRP

1 New Trade Idea for Every NBA Team After Free Agency | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - SleepingHero - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 11:33 AM)omahen Wrote: Bullock for Thybulle, Korkmaz and future FRP

I feel icky about this deal, which means it's realistic.

If there was a way to get Thybulle+another shooter (say Bojan from UTA) for Bullock then I don't hate this framework at all.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - ItsGoTime - 07-14-2022

So, that 25 srp has a chance to convey to NY if the 23 first gets to 25 and we hit on whatever the protection that is at that time, right? So we can’t even trade 2 srp, right? Maybe I’m remembering wrong.

I would for sure do the Bullock deal and would be somewhat comfortable calling it an offseason. Wait for the right deal to get that 3rd wing sometime before the tdl.

One other thing I am wondering that the KD deal could be muddying the waters on. What if the deal being held up IS Wood for Collins? The speculation was that Collins won’t make Atl’s opening tip-off (or whatever the timeframe was). 

THJ/DP/CW/MK for Collins/Bogdan/Capela

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 11:58 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I would for sure do the Bullock deal and would be somewhat comfortable calling it an offseason.

I'm always surprised when I hear stuff like this. Just out of curiosity, do you think the Mavs would do that if offered? Because I don't think they make this trade even for a second.

(07-14-2022, 11:58 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, that 25 srp has a chance to convey to NY if the 23 first gets to 25 and we hit on whatever the protection that is at that time, right? So we can’t even trade 2 srp, right? Maybe I’m remembering wrong.

I would for sure do the Bullock deal and would be somewhat comfortable calling it an offseason. Wait for the right deal to get that 3rd wing sometime before the tdl.

One other thing I am wondering that the KD deal could be muddying the waters on. What if the deal being held up IS Wood for Collins? The speculation was that Collins won’t make Atl’s opening tip-off (or whatever the timeframe was). 

THJ/DP/CW/MK for Collins/Bogdan/Capela

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I'm thinking Atlanta doesn't do that?  I think most folks would be more than happy to trade Timmy for Bogdan and/or Wood for Collins, and I doubt Maxi for Capela would move the needle for Atlanta.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - DallasMaverick - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 11:33 AM)omahen Wrote: For a change, Mavericks are featured a lot in this fantasy trades piece. Two interesting ideas

Green and 2 SRP for White
Bullock for Thybulle, Korkmaz and future FRP

1 New Trade Idea for Every NBA Team After Free Agency | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

"...and Powell, primarily a salary-matcher but a capable rotation big."

For all those haters that want his minutes to go to zero...

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - ItsGoTime - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 12:10 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm always surprised when I hear stuff like this. Just out of curiosity, do you think the Mavs would do that if offered? Because I don't think they make this trade even for a second.
Reports say they were after Thybulle, and Korkmaz fills the 3rd ball handler hole. I can’t see a reason to not do it. Also trades out young for old in the case of Bullock for Thybulle. I believe Morey would ask for a bit more actually and would be the reason it doesn’t happen.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Scott41theMavs - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:26 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Reports say they were after Thybulle, and Korkmaz fills the 3rd ball handler hole. I can’t see a reason to not do it. Also trades out young for old in the case of Bullock for Thybulle. I believe Morey would ask for a bit more actually and would be the reason it doesn’t happen.

If Thybulle satisfies the 3rd wing criteria, and Korkmaz gives us another ballhandler, that's fine, but the fact remains that the trade loses us our second wing, Bullock, who then needs to be replaced. In fact, it becomes acute enough that the Mavs couldn't possibly countenance entering the season without the replacement. Thybulle is a slight defensive upgrade on Bullock and a pretty cataclysmic offensive downgrade. 

Bullock, to me, is the third name on the very short list of "completely untouchable to close to untouchable" players on the current roster. If you lose him, he has to be directly replaced, which makes including him in deals for non-stars rather silly.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - HAguiar95 - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If Thybulle satisfies the 3rd wing criteria, and Korkmaz gives us another ballhandler, that's fine, but the fact remains that the trade loses us our second wing, Bullock, who then needs to be replaced. In fact, it becomes acute enough that the Mavs couldn't possibly countenance entering the season without the replacement. Thybulle is a slight defensive upgrade on Bullock and a pretty cataclysmic offensive downgrade. 

Bullock, to me, is the third name on the very short list of "completely untouchable to close to untouchable" players on the current roster. If you lose him, he has to be directly replaced, which makes including him in deals for non-stars rather silly.

What if the trade were bigger?

Harris/Thybulle/Korkmaz for THJ/Powell/Bullock works for me and gives us another dimension on Offense (can get his own shot and is a good rebounder). As a plus it gets us away from Timothy's last year.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - F Gump - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 01:40 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: What if the trade were bigger?

Harris/Thybulle/Korkmaz for THJ/Powell/Bullock works for me

The most desirable player in that trade, from a Mavs pov, is Bullock. He's a key starter here, and a core of what they are trying to do, on a very affordable contract. He's going nowhere.

If you are thinking Harris fits the criteria of a "star" to chase, um no. He's just a very high-paid player who doesn't really push the needle when it comes to impacting a game. Those worker bees who help the stars and add some contributions here and there at times are good to have, but certainly not at that sort of price.

We already got our pants pulled by sending the 76ers a dead eye shooter.  Let's not repeat the mistake when someone who can play on both ends of the court.

(07-14-2022, 01:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If Thybulle satisfies the 3rd wing criteria, and Korkmaz gives us another ballhandler, that's fine, but the fact remains that the trade loses us our second wing, Bullock, who then needs to be replaced. In fact, it becomes acute enough that the Mavs couldn't possibly countenance entering the season without the replacement. Thybulle is a slight defensive upgrade on Bullock and a pretty cataclysmic offensive downgrade. 

A 2 time all defensive team defender is a “slight” upgrade in defense? The lengths you guys will go is weird. The guy started 50 games out of the 66 he played last year. I realize he is a large step down on offense as of his stats last year, but that’s fully the reason he’s available. Get the guys BEFORE they break out, not AFTER. On top of that, we would be filling what some believe to be the biggest hole on the team currently with Korkmaz. Decent creator and decent defense with good size. Not sure why it is a discussion really. Get younger at the wing spot, get creation, get busy!

(07-14-2022, 01:40 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: What if the trade were bigger?

Harris/Thybulle/Korkmaz for THJ/Powell/Bullock works for me and gives us another dimension on Offense (can get his own shot and is a good rebounder). As a plus it gets us away from Timothy's last year.
I think the trade is better without expanding it in all honesty.