MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - ItsGoTime - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: CBAMavs’ tweet that seemed to imply Hardy was somehow under consideration for regular minutes.
Next to those 32 mpg in parentheses is g-league. I think it was a bit of a joke.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Next to those 32 mpg in parentheses is g-league. I think it was a bit of a joke.

Maybe. Just caught me as ridiculous that Green and Ntilikina weren’t mentioned, yet Hardy was, as if he’s going to walk into the league ready to be the backup ball-handler. And honestly, maybe he will. It’s not impossible, but I feel like they really need a more experienced option there.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - ItsGoTime - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe. Just caught me as ridiculous that Green and Ntilikina weren’t mentioned, yet Hardy was, as if he’s going to walk into the league ready to be the backup ball-handler. And honestly, maybe he will. It’s not impossible, but I feel like they really need a more experienced option there.
I for sure agree with that! I just think them tweeting out the parameters then replying to it was the joke.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-11-2022

Now I am just waiting for the Mavs to announce that mini camp invite Tyreke Evans impressed the staff and earned the last roster spot.

Question:

(07-11-2022, 12:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: but I feel like they really need a more experienced option there.

Answer:
(07-11-2022, 12:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Now I am just waiting for the Mavs to announce that mini camp invite Tyreke Evans impressed the staff and earned the last roster spot.

Maybe Nash will be fired quick enough to get him on the roster?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-11-2022

@"ItsGoTime" you are reveling in our pain a bit too much.

[Image: R.ee291c5f7741c53677ac254d34fb3477?rik=w...ImgRaw&r=0]

(07-11-2022, 01:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime" you are reveling in our pain a bit too much.

[Image: R.ee291c5f7741c53677ac254d34fb3477?rik=w...ImgRaw&r=0]
https://giphy.com/gifs/loop-xXvIkTu08XQLC

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - HAguiar95 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 11:46 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1546536180241813504

As of right now, guys I'd guess:

Luka (35)
Finney-Smith (33)
Wood (31)
Dinwiddie (29)
Bullock (27)
Hardaway (25)
Kleber (25)
McGee (15)
Powell (10) 
Hardy/Green/Bertans/Frank (10)

I expect DP/Green or Bertans/Green to be gone for a backup playmaker PG, given the success we had with Luka/JB/Spencer. Conley would do the trick coming off the bench, would UTA want Green as a defensive prospect for taking on Bertans?

Luka/Conley/Pinson
Spencer/THJ/Hardy
DFS/Bullock/Ntilikina
Wood/Kleber/Vet. min (Paschall/Hernangomez - PF/C)
McGee/Powell

(07-11-2022, 01:49 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: McGee (15)
Powell (10) 

This is what I’m afraid of.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 01:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is what I’m afraid of.

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1452076062821736448

Not like the Mavs have a lot of experience with twin tower lineups that feature a non shooter. Why do it the easy way when we can also mess up the spacing.

(07-11-2022, 01:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is what I’m afraid of.
Ya, I agree, I don’t want 25 mins of McGee and Powell. My thought is if Powell plays, the two combine for no more than 20mpg and if Powell plays, McGee basically is playing the Powell role in the playoffs (1st 5 minutes of each half only). I don’t think Powell plays though, other than in injury/rest times for the other bigs. That is IF he’s still on the team. I also think Powell and Bertans are gonna be competing for those minutes. 

McGee is gonna be the sole non-shooting big in the rotation outside of injury and scheduled rest time. He will also get no more than 15 mpg. Of course, this is all just my opinion, but you’re dumb if you don’t agree!!!  Big Grin

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 02:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I also think Powell and Bertans are gonna be competing for those minutes. 

I keep coming back to this and thinking that this can't sit well with Cuban. 27 million dollars for those two, who should be DNP-CD when the team is healthy. I hope Cuban doesn't continue to mortgage the future in order to get off that money (tax). Consider me worried.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - omahen - 07-11-2022

Tick tack, tick tack

(1) DJ Report on Twitter: "- Q: Would you be willing to change and chase for the ring somewhere else? “I'm not thinking about changing, my goal is to stay and win it in Dallas. Although of course, in the future you never know, but my idea and hopefully I will succeed, is to win in Dallas.” (2/2) ?" / Twitter

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Chicagojk - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 02:46 PM)omahen Wrote: Tick tack, tick tack

(1) DJ Report on Twitter: "- Q: Would you be willing to change and chase for the ring somewhere else? “I'm not thinking about changing, my goal is to stay and win it in Dallas. Although of course, in the future you never know, but my idea and hopefully I will succeed, is to win in Dallas.” (2/2) ?" / Twitter

Yeah I saw that.

I am surprised Luka isn't satisfied that we are still involved in the Tyler Dorsey sweepstakes

(07-11-2022, 02:12 PM)Smitty Wrote: I keep coming back to this and thinking that this can't sit well with Cuban. 27 million dollars for those two, who should be DNP-CD when the team is healthy. I hope Cuban doesn't continue to mortgage the future in order to get off that money (tax). Consider me worried.
Then maybe he should have not allowed KP to be signed to what turned out to be a terrible contract on a player that didn't fit well with Luka. On top of that, not continue to win the Rondo trade!!!

Buck stops at Cuban, so if he looks around and says "WTF happened?" he has only himself to blame.

I will not be surprised though if as soon as the 23 draft is done, the first transaction made is our 24 and Bertans for air.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - IamDougieFresh - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 02:12 PM)Smitty Wrote: I keep coming back to this and thinking that this can't sit well with Cuban. 27 million dollars for those two, who should be DNP-CD when the team is healthy. I hope Cuban doesn't continue to mortgage the future in order to get off that money (tax). Consider me worried.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have Bertans’ money allocated elsewhere, but at least he has a valuable NBA skill unlike Mr. Community Service.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - F Gump - 07-11-2022

Right now I think we're looking at something like this, minutes-wise, in games when no one is injured...

BY PLAYER
Luka 35
DFS 33
Dinwiddie 28
Bullock 28
Wood 28
Kleber 24
THJ 23
McGee 12
Bertans 9
Green/Frank/Hardy (20 combined)

BY POSITION
C -  McGee 12, Wood 28, Kleber 8, Powell emergency/traded
PF - DFS 23, Kleber 16, Bertans 9
SF - Bullock 28, DFS 10, Green/Frank/Hardy (10 combined), Pinson cheerleader
SG - Dinwiddie 15, THJ 23, Green/Frank/Hardy (10 combined)
PG - Luka 35, Dinwiddie 13

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-12-2022

https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/1546889416043626498

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Chicagojk - 07-12-2022

So would you agree with the following:

Here are potential guards who could be available

Kemba Walker- minimum salary
Eric Bledsoe-  Probably above minimum but could accept less for contender
Collin Sexton-  Would cost assets to acquire
Kyle Lowry-  Negative asset to Miami 
Mike Conley-  Slight asset for Utah
Patrick Beverly- Slight asset for Utah
V. Micic-  OKC would require an asset
Dennis Smith- minimum salary
Kyrie Irving-  maybe slight asset to Brooklyn, but may just want to get off him if KD is moved.
Dennis Schroeder-  Probably above minimum, but where?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So would you agree with the following:

Here are potential guards who could be available

Kemba Walker- minimum salary
Eric Bledsoe-  Probably above minimum but could accept less for contender
Collin Sexton-  Would cost assets to acquire
Kyle Lowry-  Negative asset to Miami 
Mike Conley-  Slight asset for Utah
Patrick Beverly- Slight asset for Utah
V. Micic-  OKC would require an asset
Dennis Smith- minimum salary
Kyrie Irving-  maybe slight asset to Brooklyn, but may just want to get off him if KD is moved.
Dennis Schroeder-  Probably above minimum, but where?

It’s a good list. There are probably some names we don’t see coming who are available, too, like Terry Rozier, for example.

Also, while he had a very down year, I don’t think Miami wants to dump Lowry. I don’t think they are there yet, from everything I have heard and read. Include him in a deal for Durant, sure (good luck). Dump him to a team like the Mavericks to be rid of him, I don’t think so.