MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 10:55 AM)Winter Wrote: I mentioned this on a post on the other page.

It makes sense if we assume the Dorsey announcement is slightly premature. As best I can find out, the release of this has been mostly from European sources. At some point very soon, they would need to announce some roster moves or at least make this signing more official in some other way. It's hard to see it without something else going on simultaneously.

Dorsey is likely a 2-way per Stein

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1545072349619359744?s=21&t=tBhV3j6bNYkzrmV0cBlOoA

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 10:57 AM)Smitty Wrote: Dorsey is likely a 2-way per Stein

I think I'll really like the signing, then.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - SwisherPrice - 07-07-2022

Definitely a two-way spot. They're not going to waste the final roster on him  Big Grin

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - omahen - 07-07-2022

Dorsey leaving relatively big money and minutes in Europe to play on 2-way spot?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:05 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Definitely a two-way spot. They're not going to waste the final roster on him  Big Grin

Really depends how much money there is in European basketball at the moment. Normally a G-Leaguer contract could never compete with the offers from a top European side, but I assume money has dried up and Russia is not an option.

I´d still say 90/10 it´s a full roster spot.

More and more getting the feeling Cuban has taken a huge financial hit in this crypto mess. Maybe it´s been a mess in other areas for a while, too. He´s been cheap the last five years. This is not a new development.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-07-2022

They've used the words "Dallas sources are in talks" so who knows where this headed

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:10 AM)Winter Wrote: They've used the words "Dallas sources are in talks" so who knows where this headed

Sorry, is this about Dorsey? I want to understand your meaning.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sorry, is this about Dorsey? I want to understand your meaning.

Yes sorry. Most of the sources up until Stein were European sources. Now they are "in talks" by Dallas sources.

But no indication of how or any contract specifics

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:19 AM)Winter Wrote: Yes sorry. Most of the sources up until Stein were European sources. Now they are "in talks" by Dallas sources.

But no indication of how or any contract specifics

Stein says they’re in talks with Dorsey on a 2-way deal. Fairly specific..

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Chicagojk - 07-07-2022

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1545072349619359744?s=21&t=tBhV3j6bNYkzrmV0cBlOoA

Well that is surprising.  Didn't see that coming.

(07-07-2022, 11:23 AM)Smitty Wrote: Stein says they’re in talks with Dorsey on a 2-way deal. Fairly specific..

I was actually referring more to the timing of this, but yes, the two-way spot is specific, ... and Stein normally wouldn't write something unless the Dallas source was good.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:23 AM)Smitty Wrote: Stein says they’re in talks with Dorsey on a 2-way deal. Fairly specific..

I´d prefer it to be a younger player, but at least it´s not a full contract, which would be awful at this point given that the money is drying up significantly and players like Schroeder are still out there. Smile

Nothing we haven't thought of already about the S&T possibilities, but interesting article in SI. ...Mike Fisher alert

Dallas Mavs Exploring Sign-&-Trade: 3-Way? 4-Teams? Room for Kyrie Irving or Ben Simmons? - Sports Illustrated Dallas Mavericks News, Analysis and More

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - MAVS-SLO - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:08 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Really depends how much money there is in European basketball at the moment. Normally a G-Leaguer contract could never compete with the offers from a top European side, but I assume money has dried up and Russia is not an option.

I´d still say 90/10 it´s a full roster spot.

More and more getting the feeling Cuban has taken a huge financial hit in this crypto mess. Maybe it´s been a mess in other areas for a while, too. He´s been cheap the last five years. This is not a new development.

All prices in European basketball are after the taxes and residence (house, flat) all on the expense of the club. Next you need to add the value of the euro and dollar (i know that currently they are closest in the last 20 years).

The most paid euroleague players (Micic, Larkin, James) salaries come close to the 10-13 mil. of salary in NBA.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 09:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: as more time goes by without the Brunson signing being official

Makes me think NYK is angling to go all in with Durant....

(07-07-2022, 12:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Makes me think NYK is angling to go all in with Durant....

Could be. Do you think BRK would allow that to happen? I don't know this in a nuanced way, really, but it sure seems like the cross-town rivalry there is a big deal to those involved.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 12:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Could be. Do you think BRK would allow that to happen? I don't know this in a nuanced way, really, but it sure seems like the cross-town rivalry there is a big deal to those involved.

If NYK has the best offer, you do it. Who cares if they are across town. 

I am not saying it is the liklely outcome, but NYK not sticking their nose in there to sniff around would SHOCK me.

(07-07-2022, 12:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: If NYK has the best offer, you do it. Who cares if they are across town. 

Oh, I agree, trust me. I just have a feeling that the craziness of this rivalry might dwarf what we understand as non-New Yorkers.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - DallasMaverick - 07-07-2022

Just had a thought...

I wonder if the Brunson sign-and-trade deal with Dallas also includes a promise from Dallas not to file a tampering charge?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Scott41theMavs - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 01:56 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Just had a thought...

I wonder if the Brunson sign-and-trade deal with Dallas also includes a promise from Dallas not to file a tampering charge?

If that's the case, we get our '23 pick back as condition #1 for a deal.