MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 07:49 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Detroit bought Kemba out. Cubes can get him if he wants to. Diallo's contract was picked up, he's not going anywhere unless they decide to trade him.

Oh well.

Time to mention that Julius Randle would be the 3rd best PG on the Mavs.  Undecided

Brunson/Powell for Randle is still out there.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - BolsDamols - 07-03-2022

[Image: AFTvU8.gif]

Would love the fit with Luka in the regular season, but once the playoffs come and he starts doing this?
To be fair, DPOY candidate Trae Young spooked him

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-03-2022

https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/1543782752276754432

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - cow - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 09:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/1543782752276754432

Forgot "overpays the fourth best player on another team".

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Omega_Supreme - 07-03-2022

If you have a chance to get Ben Simmons you do it, absolutely no questions asked. 

Jordan and Pippen worked, Simmons and Luka can work. 

You get Simmons for the simple fact that......., well just watch this video and judge for yourself. Simmons would be brought here for no other reason for what he can do to this team: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FwoPNz8GWA

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavsfan12 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 09:31 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: If you have a chance to get Ben Simmons you do it, absolutely no questions asked. 

You get Simmons for the simple fact that......., well just watch this video and judge for yourself. Simmons would be brought here for no other reason for what he can do to this team: 

Play at 3 min mark is worth price of admission.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 09:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/1543782752276754432

Damn. Cuban paid him again. Big Grin

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - RDB - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 12:41 PM)Winter Wrote: But that's the rub. Just about everyone on this board can say that and mean it. It is ALL about the price.

Who would we give up? How many picks? First round picks? We're just now recovering from the Porzingas payment of picks. The next few years would be ugly.

How long do we get to keep Kyrie is he's successful? He walked out on both LeBron and Tatum. What do you think we would get for him in a trade if he's not successful? If he's not successful, I would venture to say he's trending downward and there's little return.

We're hoping to draw an inside straight, and we'll be paying this off for years if we lose.

I don’t know what the price is…I haven’t spoken with his agent or the Nets.  It doesn’t seem as though teams are lining up to sign him and so far, it seems to be a one horse race.  I am simply making the point that I would kick the tires (which they may have already done).  

I also don’t get the vibe that your “everybody can say that comment” applies to many here, including you.  Maybe I missed something but I see a lot of disdain for anything Kyrie related.  I was simply offering an alternate train of thought that for the right price, I would absolutely do a Kyrie trade.  FWIW, whatever that deal is would be low enough that I could walk away after 1 year…as it stands, I don’t think I would be comfortable long-term.  However, if we could get a legit star on a 1 year deal at pennies on the dollar, who likely needs to rebuild his reputation to shore up his future dollars AND simultaneously get a better idea of the best way to fit another star around Luka (we literally have no history there) AND potentially free up some future dollars to acquire said star, I’m all for it.  To make the leap to the Pozingas trade after effects and long term deals and first round picks is to miss my point.  I don’t care who he walked out on…he isn’t walking out in the final year of his make good…give me future dollars contract.  IMO, the past that everyone is hung up on is irrelevant unless he is a complete moron and has no interest in getting one last big payday.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - SleepingHero - 07-04-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I would need to find a new catch phrase, because "SCORCHED EARTH" wouldn't do my reaction to this justice.

If the Mavs traded for Westbrick I'd actually build a trebuchet specifically for basketball's and hurl basketballs 24/7 at Cuban's house so he can experience just how much WB will be missing in the AAC.

PLEASE NO. PLEASE NO. I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I DISLIKE WESTBRICK

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - soog - 07-04-2022

(07-03-2022, 09:31 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: If you have a chance to get Ben Simmons you do it, absolutely no questions asked. 

Does anyone know if he can still even do this? Guy hasn’t seen the court in a long time and his head is pretty messed up

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Branduil - 07-04-2022

Your comparison fails by the fact that Scottie Pippen actually enjoyed playing the game of basketball.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-04-2022

It´s not Simmons. Too much on court/ off court risk and still too high of a price for that.

You want players that are on teams allegedly in these Irving/Durant/Ayton discussions, then the names for the Mavs are...

Mike Conley
Bojan Bogdanovic
Patrick Beverley
Malik Beasley
Joe Harris
Dario Saric
Buddy Hield
Myles Turner
Goga Bitadze
TJ McConnell
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horten-Tucker

Given that the Mavs suddenly have no 3rd PG swallowing that horrible TJ McConnell contract to get Myles Turner might be an option.

I think the most likely outcome, even if I sound like a Mickey Mouse fetishist, is that the Mavs acquire Harris/Bamba as soon as Bamba becomes trade-eligible on Dec. 15th. THJ for Harris/Bamba.

Still doesn´t solve the 3rd playmaker issue, but Coby White is clearly leaving the Bulls. The Bulls already had Ball, Lavine, Caruso and Dosunmu. They drafted Dalen Terry and added Dragic via free agency. On top of it all White is up for RFA next summer and they simply cannot pay him. MAYBE Powell + 2nd round pick(s) gets this done. I still think the Bulls ask for a 1st or Bullock/Kleber.

Eventually our roster comes out to

Doncic/Dinwiddie/Ntilikina
Harris/White/Hardy
Bullock/Green/Pinson
DFS/KleberBertans
Wood/Bamba/McGee

That´s the best outcome now imho. No future assets lost, three rotation players gained for the loss of THJ. Also since Harris wouldn´t be here until Dec. 15th you´d have a chance to give Josh Green some serious minutes early in the season to figure out what he is and what you want to do (extend/try to trade).

I know theoretically could do separate deals for Harris + Bamba, but that might look a little fishy and since the league has a very "selective process" on what constitutes tampering, I´d be a bit careful.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-04-2022

(07-03-2022, 11:52 PM)RDB Wrote:  IMO, the past that everyone is hung up on is irrelevant unless he is a complete moron

Well there you have it. A lot of people correctly look at his past and think he's a complete moron. A large section of this board think Kyrie Irving will bring nothing but drama and won't play enough to make a difference. So why bother with his acquisition for a year? You think he would stay here when he's up for Free Agency?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - sefant - 07-04-2022

Quote:"He's had this a couple years ago, so he's had [herniated disks] throughout his career at some points," Nash said. "And I guess there was a flare-up. I'm not sure when they recognized it was beyond a back flare-up and a herniated disk or what not, but somewhere along the line there, that was the reason for the epidural."

Nash said last week that Simmons had an MRI on his back so that the organization could figure out what was causing the discomfort.

"I've had the same issues," Nash said. "But they're all really unique and different, so it's really hard for me to kind of share my experiences with it because my back was totally different. You just never know. You never know how it responds. You feel great and turn a corner and the next week or so or it could be a longer-term thing, so we just have to be patient and see how he goes."

That is the far bigger concern, apart from mental issues. And who knows if it doesn't kill his athletic ability. Could be MPJ all over again. Every herniated disk has a certain % to reoccur. Vicious circle with more surgery's.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Chicagojk - 07-04-2022

When would we find out if there is a trade with Jalen?   If there was and we got a trade exemption,  would you use it for Beverly?   If not, would you use it in a package using Powell?

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - omahen - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: When would we find out if there is a trade with Jalen?   If there was and we got a trade exemption,  would you use it for Beverly?   If not, would you use it in a package using Powell?

I think the deals can become official on 6th of July. So if Brunson signs with NY then, it is not SnT.

They could also announce, that Brunsons trade is a SnT. While possible, I don't think other parties involved would be willing for Mavs to find partners and expand the deal. That should be done before July 6th, imho. So unless Mavs find something until then, the SnT will be finished and Mavs will only receive the trade exception around 14 mil. 

Beverly is an interesting target as a stop gap solution, if Mavs don't find the big move they are looking for. He would help us more than Powell and he is same expiring contract, so I would do it. It would cost an asset to get him, though. I don't think Utah would have much motivation to just exchange him for Powell. Although, they could use a center now.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Dirknows - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 06:08 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It´s not Simmons. Too much on court/ off court risk and still too high of a price for that.

You want players that are on teams allegedly in these Irving/Durant/Ayton discussions, then the names for the Mavs are...

Mike Conley
Bojan Bogdanovic
Patrick Beverley
Malik Beasley
Joe Harris
Dario Saric
Buddy Hield
Myles Turner
Goga Bitadze
TJ McConnell
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horten-Tucker

Given that the Mavs suddenly have no 3rd PG swallowing that horrible TJ McConnell contract to get Myles Turner might be an option.

I think the most likely outcome, even if I sound like a Mickey Mouse fetishist, is that the Mavs acquire Harris/Bamba as soon as Bamba becomes trade-eligible on Dec. 15th. THJ for Harris/Bamba.

Still doesn´t solve the 3rd playmaker issue, but Coby White is clearly leaving the Bulls. The Bulls already had Ball, Lavine, Caruso and Dosunmu. They drafted Dalen Terry and added Dragic via free agency. On top of it all White is up for RFA next summer and they simply cannot pay him. MAYBE Powell + 2nd round pick(s) gets this done. I still think the Bulls ask for a 1st or Bullock/Kleber.

Eventually our roster comes out to

Doncic/Dinwiddie/Ntilikina
Harris/White/Hardy
Bullock/Green/Pinson
DFS/KleberBertans
Wood/Bamba/McGee

That´s the best outcome now imho. No future assets lost, three rotation players gained for the loss of THJ. Also since Harris wouldn´t be here until Dec. 15th you´d have a chance to give Josh Green some serious minutes early in the season to figure out what he is and what you want to do (extend/try to trade).

I know theoretically could do separate deals for Harris + Bamba, but that might look a little fishy and since the league has a very "selective process" on what constitutes tampering, I´d be a bit careful.

Not a chance the Bulls get a 1st for Coby.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Chicagojk - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 08:20 AM)omahen Wrote: I think the deals can become official on 6th of July. So if Brunson signs with NY then, it is not SnT.

They could also announce, that Brunsons trade is a SnT. While possible, I don't think other parties involved would be willing for Mavs to find partners and expand the deal. That should be done before July 6th, imho. So unless Mavs find something until then, the SnT will be finished and Mavs will only receive the trade exception around 14 mil. 

Beverly is an interesting target as a stop gap solution, if Mavs don't find the big move they are looking for. He would help us more than Powell and he is same expiring contract, so I would do it. It would cost an asset to get him, though. I don't think Utah would have much motivation to just exchange him for Powell. Although, they could use a center now.

The trouble I am having is I view Beverly more of a wing than a creating guard...even though he is small.  But we would still lack a true wing and would still need a big need as a third creator.   Dallas appears to prefer bigger guys, so adding Beverly and then picking up another smallish point guard does not feel like the direction they would take.   Unless there is a bigger creator out there.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - omahen - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 09:06 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: The trouble I am having is I view Beverly more of a wing than a creating guard...even though he is small.  But we would still lack a true wing and would still need a big need as a third creator.   Dallas appears to prefer bigger guys, so adding Beverly and then picking up another smallish point guard does not feel like the direction they would take.   Unless there is a bigger creator out there.

As I said, I only see this as a very short term solution. Something I would already look to change at TDL, if possible. He makes more sense on this roster than Powell.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - MrGoat - 07-04-2022

(07-03-2022, 09:08 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: [Image: AFTvU8.gif]

Would love the fit with Luka in the regular season, but once the playoffs come and he starts doing this?
To be fair, DPOY candidate Trae Young spooked him

Hey, Trae is the most intimidating defender since JJ Barea. Just ask LeBron