MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING

[Image: SelfassuredAchingFrillneckedlizard-max-1mb.gif]

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Jmaciscool - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING

Pretty sure it's going to be a trade for KD even though he's a little younger than what the Mavs typically prefer.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:26 PM)Winter Wrote: Or they could be the third team for the peripheral players like Joe Harris.

My reason for narrowing to KI or BS is because of the current roster hole in the ball handling and creator realm.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Chicagojk - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:27 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Next bit of news, McGee backs out of the Mavs deal and signs with Bucks. Cited reason because Mavs came back on their offer to try and fit Hardy in along with him.

Ha…so true

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My reason for narrowing to KI or BS is because of the current roster hole in the ball handling and creator realm

There's certainly nothing wrong with the reasoning given the reports.

In fact, Joe Harris could not be a final move by the Mavs. They still need a ball-handler with Brunson gone. It's hard to know how big a role the Mavs will play here - if at all.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:26 PM)Winter Wrote: Or they could be the third team for the peripheral players like Joe Harris.

I actually thought about this earlier, too. 

Wouldn't surprise me.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Jommybone - 07-03-2022

Zero smoke re Ben Simmons to Dallas idea. None. Just like:

The Christian Wood trade
The Spencer Dinwiddie/Davis Bertans trade
The Kristaps Porzingis trade (the first one)

This makes me think Simmons is more likely than Irving. But I wouldn’t rule out Westbrook.

Reminder of what Skin Wade said less than two days ago:

Quote:"I know for a fact they have a plan they feel good about that entails losing Jalen...that may have been muddied by the Durant news"

Quote:"I suspect they are gearing up to make a big trade"

Quote:"if the risk was low enough I think they would go get Kyrie for one year; by risk, I mean 'what are you giving up?'....I don't think the Kyrie market is very strong"

I really think KI and BS fit this evidence/narrative really well. We will see.

(07-03-2022, 03:32 PM)Jommybone Wrote: But I wouldn’t rule out Westbrook.

Good call. I think as an expiring he also is a low risk move for only a year. 

If nothing else the Mavs may want to see how Luka coexists with a giant star with high usage.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:32 PM)Jommybone Wrote: But I wouldn’t rule out Westbrook.

I would need to find a new catch phrase, because "SCORCHED EARTH" wouldn't do my reaction to this justice.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - cow - 07-03-2022

I think we'll end up with Westbrook, Irving and Simmons.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-03-2022

Irving
Westbrook
Simmons

Crap. I'm probably going to have to up my blood pressure medicine to 20 mg.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-03-2022

If we trade for Westbrick this will officially be the worst free agency of all time.

(07-03-2022, 03:39 PM)Smitty Wrote: If we trade for Westbrick this will officially be the worst free agency of all time.

It would 100% signal that they are punting on this season and making a move for cap space as soon as possible.

That would mean the end of Maxi Kleber and probably all sorts of other distasteful things we don't want to think about here today.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - cow - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:39 PM)Smitty Wrote: If we trade for Westbrick this will officially be the worst free agency of all time.

[Image: kamanloooooool.gif]

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It would 100% signal that they are punting on this season and making a move for cap space as soon as possible.

That would mean the end of Maxi Kleber and probably all sorts of other distasteful things we don't want to think about here today.

I never prepared myself for the idea that we would punt on this season after a WCF appearance in a Luka prime year but I continue to underestimate the Mavs FO.

(07-03-2022, 03:43 PM)Smitty Wrote: I never prepared myself for the idea that we would punt on this season after a WCF appearance in a Luka prime year but I continue to underestimate the Mavs FO.

It hasn't happened yet. Personally, I find the idea that the Mavs would willingly put a non-shooting, ball dominant guard next to Luka ridiculous, so I highly doubt this option is in play.

(07-03-2022, 03:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It hasn't happened yet. Personally, I find the idea that the Mavs would willingly put a non-shooting, ball dominant guard next to Luka ridiculous, so I highly doubt this option is in play.

Kyrie played well off ball when he let Harden run the point.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:43 PM)Smitty Wrote: I never prepared myself for the idea that we would punt on this season after a WCF appearance in a Luka prime year but I continue to underestimate the Mavs FO.

Riiiiiiight, because it's not like Cubes hasn't already punted on a season after winning an actual championship or anything.

Dodgy

(07-03-2022, 03:55 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Riiiiiiight, because it's not like Cubes hasn't already punted on a season after winning an actual championship or anything.

Dodgy

The pain!  Angry