MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - IamDougieFresh - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I see it this way. Isaac hasn´t played a single game in the last two seasons and the Magic have been reluctant to give us any health updates. Hard to believe that he missed all those games because of an ACL injury. Making it very likely that just like in Kyrie´s case politics played a role. Looking at his current "success" I would be concerned that basketball isn´t his priority. And I wouldn´t be suprised if the trend of missed games continues. Healthy or not.

Wouldn’t be the first time wealthy white people opposed a black man because of his political views

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:33 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wouldn’t be the first time wealthy white people opposed a black man because of his political views

My disdain for conspiracy theorists is colorless.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:33 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wouldn’t be the first time wealthy white people opposed a black man because of his political views

That´s obviously the problem...Thanks for the reminder why I try not to bring up politics on this board.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - IamDougieFresh - 07-03-2022

Don’t get too serious guys. I’m a bit of a silly Willy.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - SwisherPrice - 07-03-2022

They're obsessed with wings but they need another ball-handler/backup small guard now. Might just have to settle for the likes of DJ Augustin or Avery Bradley. Dennis Schroder's reputation is so poor around the league now that it seems no one wants him

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - HoosierDaddyKid - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am unfamiliar with this. My worries about Isaac are based solely on the fact that he has been badly injured for multiple seasons in a row.

Even if he has, Orlando is not trading or giving up on him. Before those injuries, he showed flashes of being a special player especially on defense with his length and wingspan. And he's just 24.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-03-2022

So... without Dragic

We have a need for some ball handling, and it seems a kind of musical chairs roster spot depending on a trade.

The Mavs probably told his agent that they were likely going to be all-in on a wing or PF type. Or Chicago offered quite a bit more than the minimum. Or both.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:50 PM)Winter Wrote: We have a need for some ball handling,

Understatement. 

I'm ready to say there's a 0% chance Dinwiddie is included in any deals, at this point. If they're not looking for an additional ball-handler, they're stupid. 

Even just a Burke level guy to play in case of injury is so, so, so important at this point.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Fuerza1 - 07-03-2022

According to Skin, the Mavs didn't like any one in the FA wing market. Anyone else calling BS at this point? 

Without looking, I bet there were several quality wings Mavs would have loved to fit in the rotation that signed for the vet min or TPMLE. 

No one wants to play in Dallas.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Jmaciscool - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Understatement. 

I'm ready to say there's a 0% chance Dinwiddie is included in any deals, at this point. If they're not looking for an additional ball-handler, they're stupid. 

Even just a Burke level guy to play in case of injury is so, so, so important at this point.

At this point I'm expecting them to make Kidd the backup PG/coach and calling it a day.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Fuerza1 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:00 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: At this point I'm expecting them to make Kidd the backup PG/coach and calling it a day.

They say Jared Dudley can still play too, maybe he's the plan at wing!

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - MrGoat - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 12:41 PM)Winter Wrote: But that's the rub. Just about everyone on this board can say that and mean it. It is ALL about the price.

Who would we give up? How many picks? First round picks? We're just now recovering from the Porzingas payment of picks. The next few years would be ugly.

How long do we get to keep Kyrie is he's successful? He walked out on both LeBron and Tatum. What do you think we would get for him in a trade if he's not successful? If he's not successful, I would venture to say he's trending downward and there's little return.

We're hoping to draw an inside straight, and we'll be paying this off for years if we lose.

I think Durant is where the Nets' haul is going to come from. Kyrie currently has insanely low trade value for a star player like he is because a. he's Kyrie and b. he's expiring. I've seen reports of them considering trading him for Westbrook. 

When I say a cheap offer for Kyrie I mean something like Powell + THJ or Dinwiddie. No picks (although Cuban would probably throw them a 2nd rounder just because). I would do it at that point. If the price goes much beyond that I'd be out though.

As toxic as Kyrie is, it hard to say he did permanent damage to the Celtics considering they just made the Finals

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - HoosierDaddyKid - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:58 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: According to Skin, the Mavs didn't like any one in the FA wing market. Anyone else calling BS at this point? 

Without looking, I bet there were several quality wings Mavs would have loved to fit in the rotation that signed for the vet min or TPMLE. 

No one wants to play in Dallas.

For some odd reason, it's always been that way. In some sadistic way, maybe it's the owner.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-03-2022

Since I accurately warned yesterday that this Dragic thing might not happen, let me move on to the next concern that's raising hairs on my neck:

Tomorrow is the deadline to guarantee Ntilikina's contract, unless I'm mistaken. 

What are the chances that they will cut him instead? I wonder how the board would react to such a development.

(07-03-2022, 03:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What are the chances that they will cut him instead? I wonder how the board would react to such a development.

Whatever they do now, it's because they think they have a plan and player(s) they think they can realistically acquire.

Even though historically, they really suck at this kind of thing.

https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1543580625021546496?s=20&t=1rkgVg_TEqmIJhQGKTv4VA

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Kammrath - 07-03-2022

Tea leaves are currently pointing me strongly to Kyrie or Simmons being on the team this fall.

(07-03-2022, 03:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Tea leaves are currently pointing me strongly to Kyrie or Simmons being on the team this fall.

PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING PLEASE BE SIMMONS AND NOT IRVING

(07-03-2022, 03:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Tea leaves are currently pointing me strongly to Kyrie or Simmons being on the team this fall.

Or they could be the third team for the peripheral players like Joe Harris.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - ItsGoTime - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 03:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1543580625021546496?s=20&t=1rkgVg_TEqmIJhQGKTv4VA
Next bit of news, McGee backs out of the Mavs deal and signs with Bucks. Cited reason because Mavs came back on their offer to try and fit Hardy in along with him.