MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:16 PM)Winter Wrote: A lot of people can just ignore head cases.

Head cases are a problem, no doubt.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: During his "injury/vaccine refusal leave" Isaac wrote a book with Ben Shapiro. Now he is touring across the QAnon / far right / MAGA universe to promote it.

Ugh, but wouldn´t he fit right in with the crowd in Texas. So sign Bridges and acquire Isaac to pray for his soul.

[Image: the-office-walk-away.gif]

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Head cases are a problem, no doubt.

There are levels to this. Simmons or Westbrook aren´t lunatics. Looking at it from the outside they are just difficult characters. Insecurities, big ego. The usual star/diva stuff.
A lot harder to deal with real lunatics. Takes a special team and great staff to deal with players like Rodman, Artest or Irving. And I don´t think the Mavs are ready for a situation like this.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - SleepingHero - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:23 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Ugh, but wouldn´t he fit right in with the crowd in Texas. So sign Bridges and acquire Isaac to pray for his soul.

Why stop there? Just sign Ben Shapiro to be the team's point guard and grab OJ Simpson for defensive coordinator.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - KillerLeft - 07-03-2022

Now that I have been tipped off to Isaac's politics, I have a feeling that this might be a motivating factor, not a deterrent, for some of his proponents in this community. I had no idea before today. 

For me, the injury history, juxtaposed with what the team just went through with Porzingis, is enough to scare me off.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - BoredAssistant - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: During his "injury/vaccine refusal leave" Isaac wrote a book with Ben Shapiro. Now he is touring across the QAnon / far right / MAGA universe to promote it.

Wow lmao Thanks for the heads-up.  There's no way he will be a Mav just based off who Cuban has had on the roster and more importantly who he has gotten off the roster in the last 20 or so years.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - mvossman - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Personally I am supporting the "no lunatics" movement. But if I had to choose. Give me Simmons and his insecurities over "Flat Earth" Irving and "ReAwaken America" Isaac.

I'm out on all of them unless we are dumping bad contracts to get them.  Going after one of them reeks of desperation.  Simmons may be the less crazy, but I struggle with his fit with Luka.  He can't shoot or rim run.  His only value offensively is with the ball in his hands.  He can't protect the rim either, so you would need to pair him with someone like Maxi to avoid two non shooters.  The fit is tough.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Winter - 07-03-2022

This is a first. A whole page of smart, well-reasoned posts.

Brings a little tear to my eye.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Mavs2021 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Now that I have been tipped off to Isaac's politics, I have a feeling that this might be a motivating factor, not a deterrent, for some of his proponents in this community. I had no idea before today. 

For me, the injury history, juxtaposed with what the team just went through with Porzingis, is enough to scare me off.

Maybe not for the community, but for the Mavs that only lowers the cost. Question is how far?

When the Magic extended Bamba I figured they did it to trade him asap. Now I think Isaac is the #1 dump priority. 

We should acquire him, just so Cuban can study his contract. Wink

Due to missing entire 2021-22 season (in addition to missing >= 25 games), salaries for 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25 become partial or non-guaranted:
  • 2022-23: $16,000,000 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 1/10/23
  • 2023-24: $7,400,000 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 1/10/24
  • 2024-25: non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 1/10/25

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - IamDougieFresh - 07-03-2022

If you don’t do anything to hurt other people and can help us win games I don’t care if you think 2+2=5.

Isaac - would be amazing if healthy
Kyrie - long history of being crazy and imploding teams
Simmons - Can’t shoot
Miles Bridges - should be out of the league as far as I’m concerned

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Smitty - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:50 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If you don’t do anything to hurt other people and can help us win games I don’t care if you think 2+2=5.

Absolutely

(07-03-2022, 01:50 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Isaac - would be amazing if healthy

He won't be. I'm getting Tariq Abdul Wahad flashbacks.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - BoredAssistant - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He won't be. I'm getting Tariq Abdul Wahad flashbacks.

Right before you posted I was looking it up.  Mavs Give Up On Abdul-Wahad - RealGM Wiretap 

Apparently it was for a knee injury, and not 'politics' as I had originally thought.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Okstate819 - 07-03-2022

Dragic to Chi. FML

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - IamDougieFresh - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He won't be. I'm getting Tariq Abdul Wahad flashbacks.

I see a second DFS if healthy

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Dirknows - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 01:50 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If you don’t do anything to hurt other people and can help us win games I don’t care if you think 2+2=5.

Isaac - would be amazing if healthy
Kyrie - long history of being crazy and imploding teams
Simmons - Can’t shoot
Miles Bridges - should be out of the league as far as I’m concerned

If healthy yes. I don’t care about his political beliefs as long as he can play basketball. Isaac doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kyrie and the word crazy.

(07-03-2022, 02:18 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I see a second DFS if healthy

But he won't be.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - Dirknows - 07-03-2022

Well Dragic is gone. Guess they’re gonna trade for a wing.

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - sterlingmallory - 07-03-2022

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1543674794658463745?t=w_oAzLPwPmCW8kMJrFCPFg&s=19

RE: ROSTER TALK: DAL "gearing up for big trade for wing"? | "unlikely" DP is kept? - dirkfansince1998 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 02:19 PM)Dirknows Wrote: If healthy yes. I don’t care about his political beliefs as long as he can play basketball. Isaac doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kyrie and the word crazy.

I see it this way. Isaac hasn´t played a single game in the last two seasons and the Magic have been reluctant to give us any health updates. Hard to believe that he missed all those games because of an ACL injury. Making it very likely that just like in Kyrie´s case politics played a role. Looking at his current "success" I would be concerned that basketball isn´t his priority. And I wouldn´t be suprised if the trend of missed games continues. Healthy or not.