MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - KillerLeft - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 05:14 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Name the teams that are paying Dwight Powell more than vet min this offseason.

lol, DALLAS!

[Image: drums-troll.gif]

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - cow - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 05:14 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Exactly and I don’t know that there is even 1 team that wants to pay a 32 yo backup C any more than vet min, let alone the full MLE. Say what you guys will about counting stats, but teams pay for them and consequently don’t pay for the lack of them.

His leadership is worth something certainly.  I just think a lot of what he does will be offset in the playoffs.  We also already overpaid him last time around.  Take one for the team, Dwight and you'll certainly find yourself on the coaching staff to help make up for the "home team discount".

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - DallasMaverick - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 05:13 PM)mvossman Wrote: Who are all of these vet min guys that get you 15-18 quality minutes off the bench?  The Mavs spend exception money on guys that don't get close to that.  Maybe with Kyrie we will start to attract quality vet min guys, but it has never been the norm.

Powell currently has the highest net rating on the team.  There is a lot of noise in that, but his production has been well over vet min.  You can make a strong argument that it's not MLE level, especially since he is a big and they are cheap, but he is significantly more than your typical vet min.

I think they pay him more than McGee, if for no other reason than to express their appreciation for him.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - ItsGoTime - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 05:28 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think they pay him more than McGee, if for no other reason than to express their appreciation for him.
They already overly did that his last 2 contracts. Time for him to repay the favor.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - Chicagojk - 02-10-2023

https://twitter.com/calliecaplan/status/1624226441478164480?s=46&t=mwHOZ55hbygYtHHGn_09uA

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - SleepingHero - 02-11-2023

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1624286683691900930?s=20&t=avadbiCoorBCZpPBfp3vpg

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - LukaMVP - 02-11-2023

powell been a mav here  longer than anyone else on the current roster. solid role player but i agree he is slightly overpaid. dude never develops shooting range otherwise he would've been awesome a role player.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - KillerLeft - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 05:09 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: powell been a mav here  longer than anyone else on the current roster. solid role player but i agree he is slightly overpaid. dude never develops shooting range otherwise he would've been awesome a role player.

It is a little frustrating that he has given up on his jump shot, I agree. It’s not terrible, and feels like something he could’ve developed a bit by now.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - Jason Terry - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 03:58 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1624286683691900930?s=20&t=avadbiCoorBCZpPBfp3vpg
I think the strategy ends up being…..first half we run. Run the other team out the gym the Kyrie way. 2nd half use Luka to relentlessly pound the other team into submission. 

Alternate between fast and slow pace depending on game situation. Nobody will be able to stop this

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - SleepingHero - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 09:00 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: I think the strategy ends up being…..first half we run. Run the other team out the gym the Kyrie way. 2nd half use Luka to relentlessly pound the other team into submission. 

Alternate between fast and slow pace depending on game situation. Nobody will be able to stop this

Yeah I was just thinking about the 2 different styles. It's really hard to consistently alternate between them, but if they can pull it off I don't know who can stop it.

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/1624394008939180039?s=20&t=IyvSAZDNUgrBZH-6lY6v-A

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - KillerLeft - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 03:58 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1624286683691900930?s=20&t=avadbiCoorBCZpPBfp3vpg

Best news of the season, imho

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - Scott41theMavs - 02-11-2023

It doesn't seem to me that anyone here has liked to see us move to the Luka-as-Harden heliocentric offense in the last year or two. Weaning him, and the team, off of that may end up being the best result of the Kyrie trade, and may unlock yet another level of greatness in Luka.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - ItsGoTime - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 01:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It doesn't seem to me that anyone here has liked to see us move to the Luka-as-Harden heliocentric offense in the last year or two. Weaning him, and the team, off of that may end up being the best result of the Kyrie trade, and may unlock yet another level of greatness in Luka.
Ya, he does play differently with his national team. In my mind, he can figure out how to excel regardless of playing style. He’s just that good.

Luka doesn’t even have to run, if he doesn’t want to. Kyrie and Green (and Hardy OR Ross, if he comes) are more than capable of setting up early offense. Luka just needs to give the ball up earlier in transition (and probably in the half court stuff, too).

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - ItsGoTime - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 02:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka doesn’t even have to run, if he doesn’t want to. Kyrie and Green (and Hardy OR Ross, if he comes) are more than capable of setting up early offense. Luka just needs to give the ball up earlier in transition (and probably in the half court stuff, too).
That makes him great cherry picker insurance too!

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - Smitty - 02-11-2023

Ball movement in the half court has maybe skewed our perception of “faster pace”. The Mavs are still near the bottom of the league in pace the last 4 games.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - DallasMaverick - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 03:37 PM)Smitty Wrote: Ball movement in the half court has maybe skewed our perception of “faster pace”. The Mavs are still near the bottom of the league in pace the last 4 games.

Maybe "percentage assisted baskets" would be a better measure.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva signs 2nd 10-day - Jason Terry - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 01:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah I was just thinking about the 2 different styles. It's really hard to consistently alternate between them, but if they can pull it off I don't know who can stop it.
Another angle i find fascinating is they both excel on different sides of the court. We all know Luka dominates the left side of the court and that’s his step back side. Kyrie apparently is better from the right side. Really exciting to think of the possibilities

(02-11-2023, 01:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It doesn't seem to me that anyone here has liked to see us move to the Luka-as-Harden heliocentric offense in the last year or two. Weaning him, and the team, off of that may end up being the best result of the Kyrie trade, and may unlock yet another level of greatness in Luka.
Yes. Harden-ball is unfulfilling and boring if that’s all we run. Certain times we may need to break that out. Or some back and forth ISO with Luka and Kyrie. But we need to mix it up so we aren’t so predictable and dependent on 3pt shots falling or Luka going off